Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #156,581  
Some of you showed interest in the Unimog 404. Here is a link for more information on a 1968 military 404.

military-unimog-404

/ Good morning!!!! #156,582  
Morning all, 48 going up to 68 and sun looks to be rising again.
Not sure what I did yesterday, probably wandered about for a while.

BEF - prayers for older brother and great to hear the new job is coming together.

Roy -glad to hear your feeling better

Order new Microwave oven, will be here Friday for me to install. Lately I ma buying extended warranties as nothing seems to last more than a month after the standard warranty!

Got notice from garbage company, they are not going to collect in our neighborhood anymore starting next month. "No longer logistically feasible" is the reason they told me.
Second company to leave the area...

Well off to pay bills and find another company to haul our trash,

/ Good morning!!!! #156,583  
On the last trip, I noticed that the "air cannon" horn on the zebra bike sounded more like a wounded goose than a cannon. This is the third one I've had, and all three failed prematurely. A few years ago I put a pair of Hella horns on the van, and they're nice and loud, and sound nothing like a goose. Yesterday the cannon goose made it into the trash can, and a new pair of the Hellas were wired in, ready for the next careless driver that tries to come into my lane. Yeah, that happens at least once on almost every trip.
I am always amazed at drivers overlooking the Sprinter Van and pulling out in front of it. How can you not see a 9 ft tall van? So installed a compressed air system with the Viair compressor under the hood and 5 gallon tank under the chassis and then a couple of long ass Hadley airhorns and a rope off the ceiling to pull for sounding the horn. It gets peoples attention for sure no more measly sound

/ Good morning!!!! #156,584  
Good Morning
Is 43 with a high of 65 and clear skies.
Yesterday was unremarkable, trip went well, lunch was chicken at Mission BBQ. Got home in time to mow along all the pasture fences inside and out with the Lazer. Then put the 90” 3pt mower on the tractor and mowed the insides of all of them. Finished the day with an hour long phone call with an old friend that I hadn’t heard from in decades.

This morning starts with breakfast with the professor, some work in the shop and then put the progressive mower behind the tractor and mow the open areas. Not sure what will pop up after that.

A local airport had a Unimog that they used to plow snow, they had a backhoe attachment for it as well. I was always fascinated by it.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,585  
Yes it's Fall. The farmer cut the corn Friday. Seems kind of early. Looks very different. I would like to know how he did.

I got the boat pressure washed, got the motor off, flushed and run dry. The boat is in the barn for the winter.

After I got the barn cleaned out and the boat stored I did a little mowing down the lane. The grass is still growing. Now that the corn is down I think I will haul some downed trees over to my neighbors house. He sells firewood. It is a lot easier when I can drive across the field.

I mowed Friday and everything needs it again. Mowing more than once a week seems excessive.

Hope this hurricane doesn't turn out to be a bad one. Looks like we can expect some light rain from it this weekend.

Keep up the good work.

Chris

/ Good morning!!!! #156,586  
Good Morning Everyone, currently 51° up to 71°

Beautiful cool morning at this time..
RNG - I look forward to reading your Wednesday comments because I know you are going to end it with the response I look forward to :: "Friday is coming"... I sure missed it today..

Have a good day everybody..

/ Good morning!!!! #156,587  
Good morning 50 going to 65 today
Nothing specific on the schedule today so will see what I may get into.
The Hawks are getting really low searching for a meal. We have lost barn cats to the Hawks. The deers are showing up in droves for the chestnuts.
Got a handy Knipex plier yesterday for those hard to get things.

1664370601270.png

/ Good morning!!!! #156,588  
Good Morning
Is 43 with a high of 65 and clear skies.
Yesterday was unremarkable, trip went well, lunch was chicken at Mission BBQ. Got home in time to mow along all the pasture fences inside and out with the Lazer. Then put the 90” 3pt mower on the tractor and mowed the insides of all of them. Finished the day with an hour long phone call with an old friend that I hadn’t heard from in decades.

This morning starts with breakfast with the professor, some work in the shop and then put the progressive mower behind the tractor and mow the open areas. Not sure what will pop up after that.

A local airport had a Unimog that they used to plow snow, they had a backhoe attachment for it as well. I was always fascinated by it.
A1362B83-ADE0-40B4-AA45-E74BB489C015.jpeg

Sorta like this one, Paul?

/ Good morning!!!! #156,589  
39°F and clear skies this morning, only going up to 68° today. A little chill in the air here.

I have several friends in the Ft Myers area, too, Drew (and another over in Vero Beach). They are all hunkering down to ride it out.

We changed trash pickup companies a few years ago, Ken, because the big one in our area almost doubled the rates over a few months without any notice. We just found out about a month ago that the smaller company we went to has been bought by that big company. So, we're looking again for someone else. Only found one other option so far, and we're not sure yet if they service our area.

Good morning, gents.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,590  
eating a late breakfast and long overdue coffee, testing went fine this morning.
now into grubby clothes and out to mow the lawn. Could go another day but since the bagger is now on,
easier if I only have to dump it two times instead of four.