Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #157,011  
On the chainsaw saga. It looks to pass the pressure test holding 10 psi but seems to fail on the vacuum test getting only down to 5 inchHg and then dropping to zero when stopping the pumping. Points to oil seal failures because during vacuum the seal lips get sucked in and leaking.

IMG_1110.jpegIMG_1109.jpegIMG_1113.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #157,012  
TGIF
69°F and no rain.

First up today will be set some tile. Not a large area, but still invokes setting up the saw, mixing Thinset, the clean up, etc. Actually it is only 5 tiles, 2 columns of 21/2.

Memory slipping? I don’t recall RS reporting back on his tile project.

Other progress went well yesterday, just less done in more time than anticipated.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #157,013  
Good Morning - currently 79° going to 84°

When I turned 10 yers old, I was given a Sears single shot 20 gauge shotgun..That thing would kick and leave bruises. Only used it for a couple years before getting a Remington.. Still have the single shot, hasn't been fired in over 53 years..

Have a great weekend everybody..

/ Good morning!!!! #157,014  
The idea behind "waterproof" shotguns is that they won't rust when exposed to a marine environment.
That's one of the dirty little secrets of stainless steel. While it may not "rust" like mild steel, it does indeed corrode. It's just a slower process because of the chromium and nickel mixed with it, depending on the grade. Pitting in stainless can be every bit as bad as its rusty cousin.

/ Good morning!!!! #157,015  
Since we are talking guns...... My dad was shooting instructor for the home defense force in Denmark and he got me exposed to weapons at an early age. He had his weapons at the house which was normal in those days and included pistols, submachine guns and rifles and boxes of ammunition. He would take me with to the shooting range and let me try out my skills at shooting. Remember the Husqvarna submachine guns would pull up when used in burst mode pretty bad.

/ Good morning!!!! #157,018  
Memory slipping? I don’t recall RS reporting back on his tile project.

LOL ... no it's not slipping.

I just haven't had anything to report on that front

;)

/ Good morning!!!! #157,020  
Kyle, are the students going on to study for an engineering degree?
Yes, they are engineering students.
I cannot begin to stress how important that really is. As a Quality Jerk, I've spent a fair portion of the last 23 years trying to get engineers to walk out on the production floor and actually get their hands into the manufacturing processes. "It works on paper" doesn't always translate to real world manufacturing success. Knowing what works and what doesn't is a big part of good design. People have to be able to get their hands and/or tools into the spaces where parts need to go, and they must be able to do it efficiently. Knowing the flow of the manufacturing processes is also crucial. Entirely too many engineers make it painfully obvious that they've never actually built anything.

Sounds like your organization gets this, Kyle. Kudos.
We try, but I can tell you, that there are some who can ace the tests/math but they can't design worth a flip even when graduated. My former boss (an engineer) would send his young workers back to me with their designs. I went so easy on them, that often they'd come back for the next design and do a "white board" back and forth to help them.
56F clear sky slight breeze low 30's tomorrow AM.

Busy day at work hope tomorrow not as busy....boss show me prices for whole frozen turkey for this year Thanksgiving etc. :eek:

Nothing plan for the evening.

Enjoy the rest of your day all.
Turkey, gas, eggs, the list is long and tawdry. Not looking good either. Keep your prayers in order. Hope your wife is better.

41 presently high in 60s very cloudy no rain for us in ten day forecast. A few leaves turning here but not many. Covid has hit my crew again no work. Prayers for all our Country
Prayers for your crew. China has lockdowns in places.
Depends on what brand one purchase.

Empire 23lbs around $101.00
holy turkey meat batman!
Was in Highland this evening, and saw gas prices had shot up to $4.299/gal. What the ... ?! Did I miss something?
argh.
Good Afternoon, currently 75° here.. Gas at lunch today was $3.08 on this side of Raleigh.. Where I live on the other side it is $3.60 ..

Yesterday, took wife for colonoscopy..She has had 5 bouts of diverticulitis this year..They found the spot and a surgeon will go in and cut out a piece of the colon hopefully in November..

Hope everyone has a great day..
Hope it all goes well.
Wellll it’s been one of those days :rolleyes: short work day almost to our driveway notice something laying just of to one side,someone shear off 6x6 pt.post for the mailbox and didn’t leave not etc.😡 just black plastic small broken red lens,started blowing leaves about noon went inside get cold drink and was in pain so off to hospital arrive at ER 4pm little after 9pm she finally in ER. bed,I ask head RN about how much longer before Dr. shows up she said hour or two 😳 goner be long night. Sleep well all.
Prayers.
Good Morning Everyone

I'm way behind in thread again, so best shot ... Catching Up Is Hard To Do. Well, okay, more precisely Keeping Up ...

NOW I know where and how, he gets his name :)

Wife's Birthday today, she's on her way home from Prince George (8 hr trip) with her dad now. So any birthday plans that I had for us are essentially awash, she won't be home until after dinner. She's basically been gone for 11 months, so I had plans for a day out with her, dinner, hotel and catch up time just the 2 of us. The great escape will be delayed. However I did ace it, I think, in the gift department. (and balloons count as blow up toys don't they ? :) - well, that's my story anyway.

I need a nap, or coffee. I think nap is winning. It's still too early to call it morning.
Haphappy birthday to your wifey and hope she made it safe and sound.

Drew, thanks for being our liaison. You have an ambassador quality in your large bag of talents. I just hope she knows how much we loved Randy.

Work is hectic busy. I told my bosses I needed to go to Chucky Cheeses at the mall to play "Whack a Mole" at lunch.... A lot on my plate. Get 1 thing done while 3 things get piled on. I get home, I'm too tired to do my stuff. My fitbit likes what I'm doing, but my knees and feet don't.

Billy, congrats on your finishing the A/T. I pray your family has a good time whilst visiting.

Popgadget, nice pistola, hope the suit buying goes well. Not my cup of tea either, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

LS how are things in New Mexico? Hope to hear from you soon.

RNG, I'm glad you're able to go out and have more fun nowadays. Good for you.

Barn welder sitrep: Since I have very little time or energy when I get home, and since I got such a great deal on the Millermatic 250 tig machine, I have lost interest in sinking more money and time into the old Miller Roughneck 1E (with the single cylinder Kohler)....so I might see if I can find it a new home. I also have a plain jane lincoln AC tombstone stick welder. Wondering if I should sell that too? Sometimes a stick will penetrate better IMO....but I do so little welding....so maybe I'll sell the Lincoln stick welder too. I would give the Roughneck 1E to the right person. (I know its not worth much).

I've had a bit of another outlook forming up in my head about projects...I used to horde them, saving them for a rainy day and retirement, and have many in my barn....but with life as it is, again I just don't seem to have the time and energy to work on them after work. They are collecting cellar spiders. With my young kids, I hope to work another 9 years to get a bit of retirement besides SS. Magic number at work is 80 (age + years of service = 80) I'm only 62, my mind thinks I'm young but my knees think otherwise. If I can last 9 years at work, I can hit the 80 magic number.

Today I will put a new window motor and regulator in my daughter's car. Then work on my MIL's Snapper RER.

Prayers for our team, our nation, Ukraine, and for Putin to find God.