Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #159,611  
Happy Anniversary wngsprd!!!

I had beard when I met my wife. It was gone by my the time we got married. She never liken it. 3 yrs ago during my hospitalization I grew one, now just keep a little.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,612  
Buppies, crab cake sounds delicious.
Kitty been enjoying a back rubbing.
IMG_7104.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #159,613  
Welcome Eagle223. on just rain.

the eagle has landed.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,614  
Morning all, can hear the New Hope train taking tourists for a cruise.
Was a nice day yesterday and rain held off until late last night.

Turkey came out great and we watched trains, planes and automobiles. etc. after supper.

Rest of foam boards slated to arrive today, we'll see if third times a charm.

Happy birthday Sodamo and many more in your slice of paradise.

Good to hear your feeling better Bird.

Happy anniversary Wngsprd!

Dog enjoyed the company and BIL brought one of their dogs.
Sometimes playing, sometimes jealous and growling, their dog is tiny and mine is very adversed to violence (shes a chicken sometimes).

Great to hear everyone had a good day. Talked to my friend as his daughter is getting married next weekend and we have been preparing to go up to Long Island, stay at my brothers new house and attend wedding, so should be a fun weekend as long as SIL doesn't start any fights.

Be well

/ Good morning!!!! #159,615  
Good Morning, 45 going to 55 possible light rain today. Went into town to have our blood drawn for upcoming Dr appointments. Pays to go early as we were the only ones there. Thanksgiving went well. lots of food, kids had a good time. Fixed the phone line that had message with line problems. Dial tone at the entrance box was ok. Replaced the line into the house with the same quality the phone company uses for over head lines and reconnected inside. Back in service.Today I am mostly into clean up from prior projects.
Still dealing with daughters car repair. What is seems to come down to is the solenoid valve the changes the camshaft angle does not work. Bot the repair shop wants to change everything under the sun.See his response:

So, 1) Total cost of repairs to date (parts and labor) ; $560.00 for code P0017, for the Camshaft position sensor. That took care of your first problem.
2) problem #2, long cranking when cold starting, feels like engine misfire under heavy engine loads, plus engine running rough while idling, P0017, same code comes right back after resetting it.
So, the technician found the exhaust side camshaft timing is uncorrelated. Tehnician recommend replacing the following items.

EXHAUST SIDE CAMSHAFT
EXHAUST SIDE CVVT
TIMING CHAIN + TENSIONER
NEW TIMING CHAIN COVER.

Total cost for this second repair, (parts and labor) is $2,400.00.

Please advise.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,616  
She responded back with: What’s the cost for parts and labor for the exhaust side CCVT only?
And he said:
Yes, the cost for the CVVT part only is $454, but you can not do just that part, Labor time for the entire repair is about 9 hours.

And she responded:
Why not?

Also, can you please send me the diagnostic reports.

In addition, are you tracking the additional recall on the car? I just received another notice about it in the mail.

Stay tuned for more to come on this story.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #159,617  
She responded back with: What’s the cost for parts and labor for the exhaust side CCVT only?
And he said:
Yes, the cost for the CVVT part only is $454, but you can not do just that part, Labor time for the entire repair is about 9 hours.

And she responded:
Why not?

Also, can you please send me the diagnostic reports.

In addition, are you tracking the additional recall on the car? I just received another notice about it in the mail.

Stay tuned for more to come on this story.

See More from christensenns@gmail.com
how many miles on the car for camshaft and timing chain needing replacement?

/ Good morning!!!! #159,618  
The car has 60k on it

/ Good morning!!!! #159,619  
   / Good morning!!!! #159,620  
Yes it is called RIP OFF. The variable timing adjustment of the cam shaft is controlled by the CWT valve. For the adjustment to be out of range due to timing chain or cam shaft there should be a lot of mechanical noise. There is no mechanical noise only rough running compatible with the CWT valve not doing its job