Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #164,101  
I’ll have to check, but probably can give it a static IP, which is my preferred method. All printing to it is wireless.

Keep in mind many Wi-Fi printers will connect directly to other devices as well as through the router provided network connection. When troubleshooting, you should verify how the device was trying to connect to the printer.

I recently had to sort an issue for a friend where he was having his neighbors documents print out of his HP Wi-Fi printer. Turned out that he wasn’t aware of the direct connection ability, and it still had the default password for that function (12345678), neither he nor his neighbor changed the default password on their similar printers, and would occasionally connect to the wrong printer. I changed the PW and disabled WI-FI printing, (keeping the Wi-Fi connection to his network) and the problem was solved, his network was never breached, but his printer was allowing visits from the neighbor.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,102  
Keep in mind many Wi-Fi printers will connect directly to other devices as well as through the router provided network connection. When troubleshooting, you should verify how the device was trying to connect to the printer.

I recently had to sort an issue for a friend where he was having his neighbors documents print out of his HP Wi-Fi printer. Turned out that he wasn’t aware of the direct connection ability, and it still had the default password for that function (12345678), neither he nor his neighbor changed the default password on their similar printers, and would occasionally connect to the wrong printer. I changed the PW and disabled WI-FI printing, (keeping the Wi-Fi connection to his network) and the problem was solved, his network was never breached, but his printer was allowing visits from the neighbor.

Interesting, didn’t know they could connect direct like that. I haven’t bought a printer in several years.
Edit -This printer does not support WiFi direct, but apparently has a history of dropping it’s WiFi connection. Their solution is use the 2.4Ghz band and assign an IP.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #164,103  
-0F windchill -8F clear sky...4am 7F no windchill...wind will increase.

Outside chores done E muffin time.
Brought in 3 more wheel barrow loads of wood just in case,and wood furnace purring.

Plans for today...inside day of puttering maybe some YT on how to things.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,104  
Morning all, 28 some sun, wind picking up but heading towards 9 tonight.
Got wire run across living room, only one last hard turn and then it's all open space.
Had to go reverse to get fish line through, rope attached to return, then was able to finally pull wire through.

Phil- great to hear wife's voice returning. I miss being up in MA sometimes, my Uncle sold his house a loooong time ago.

Printers- most I had from HP/Epson/canon etc. just got me angry. I like my current Brother with ink tank. The ink has lasted me about 4x as long as with HP/Epson/canon. Have to do print head cleaning maintenance every few weeks, but it has been incredibly reliable.
All the others started to have problems at 13 months and went through ink every few months.
The Brother printer is already past 13 months on first set of ink and just brought new refills.

Tonight-try to get fish through to open area without cutting another hole in ceiling, hopefully!

Then put wires in place and prep for some furring strips and sheetrock.

My old boss' last day was yesterday, sad to see him go. Work is still in a weird place. Company is making good money, but their debt is too high, seeing people's accounts getting shutdown by the dozens.

Still waiting to hear from Uncle on when he goes for Open heart surgery. Aunt is doing ok after last surgery, she is tough. Father fell again and bruised a rib, but otherwise ok.

Be well,

/ Good morning!!!! #164,105  
13F and cloudy @ 08:00, only heading up to around 16F for the high today. Local news says some lake effect snows bands have set up, depending on where those eventually winds up we could see some of the white stuff here. Heavy Freezing Spray Warning issued for Lake Erie.

Low tonight supposed to be 9F.

Was up for better than 24 hours straight on ... Wednesday (?) ... went to bed and only slept for 3 hours before I woke up so I got back to it.

Have made good progress over the last several days out in the garage cleaning, straightening up, and organizing. Pegboard organized with tools and nearly full. Need to build a rack to hang clamps on to free up some space there.

Got table on table saw cleaned off and waxed, hopefully that will let things glide a little smoother.

Cleared a path to the tile saw so I can finally get to that. LOL.

Got the drill press table unpacked and put together.

Long folding table almost cleared off so it can be taken down and moved up to the shop for the clean up and organizing up there. Have some other stuff down here that needs to go up there as well, likely won't get to it until this coming Wednesday when it's supposed to warm up. Supposed to be almost 60F (57F) this coming Thursday but they are calling for rain.

Had to run down to the corner yesterday and pick up another 10 gallons of diesel for the torpedo heater. That (the cost and the fumes) has me seriously looking at sticking a mini-split out there. Doubt if it would keep it all that warm out there when it gets really cold out, but might make it tolerable or easier to heat. Plus the AC in the summer.

The space is 24' x 24' and has a 10' ceiling. I know there is at least some insulation in the attic but the walls do not appear to have any insulation at all.

And that brings up another issue: there is only a single electrical outlet out there on the back wall and it's controlled by the switch for the light on the outside corner of the garage. So the current plan is to come out of the basement on the wall shared by the house with some 12-2 romex into an LB, go up a couple of feet, drop a single outlet by the door going into the house then pvc conduit straight up into the attic and once there go across the width of the garage to the north wall where the low workbench shelves are (and all the woodworking equipment are) and drop down through another piece of PVC conduit to a to a two gang box. This falls at the peak of the roof so plenty of room to move around although I don't relish the thought of clambering around up there.

I have the romex - and may have the conduit as well (need to check) - so the only outlay would be the LB and a couple of boxes.

Woman has been working on cleaning off the silicone, soap scum and water deposits off the tile, hopefully she can get that finished up in the next few days.

She made enchiladas the other day which were quite tasty, probably kill those off today.

She also ran down and got the tags renewed on the van while She was out doing grocery shopping ... so we're roadworthy on that again, just have to remember to put the sticker on. LOL.

Amazon delivered some stick-on labels for (previously used) file folders yesterday so we can relabel/reuse them, Woman plans on working on that project during Her couch time.

Amazon was saying the drill press was due to be delivered yesterday, but the last update from UPS Tracking was on the 30th in AZ so it never arrived. This morning shows it at the local terminal that serves out area so it will probably arrive sometime today. I prepared some hickory chips for the UPS driver to reward him for his efforts in the cold ... ;)

Have a number of other items due in today from Amazon as well.

Agenda for today will likely consist on working in the house (to avoid having to heat the garage)

Possibly get back into the shower valve project and see if I can figure out what's up with the drip on that.

Maybe a trip to Menards to return some items and pick up bird/critter food and the electrical pieces/parts.

Hope everyone has a great Friday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #164,106  
Good morning, the low is -27 and the high for the day will be -13°F. Wind NNW 6 mph. Sunny! Goodby blackflies.

We need a few real cold night/days like this to kill off the blackfly larva.

The tractor is coming home today so I am told. No price on the repair yet, but I don't think it will be much as it was all labour and 1 quart of oil. It only has to stay together until spring, then I will replace the line. I not sure, but maybe I haven't been warming it up enough and the extra pressure from cold oil might have contributed to the line splitting. I usually wait until the heater is blowing warm air then start off slowly (1500 rpm) until the temperature gauge is headed up into the 'run' range. I always exercise the hydraulics on both the loader and the curl function on the bucket, to where they are moving normally.

rs, maybe it is time to replace the shower valve altogether with new?

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #164,107  
Sodamo I looks like a small battleship

Drew I think better ice than more skin cancer

31 this morning high 36 going down to 14 tonight very windy high in low 50s Sunday. Glad wife’s voice coming back mpham

You folks up north take care pretty good cold shot. Folks in Texas be careful of falling limbs as ice falls off widow makers

Nice hike wngsprd, don’t work so hard Thomas

Prayers for all our Country

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #164,108  
Good morning! 31˚F north wind heading to the mid 40s with full sun.

Today the last of the ice should melt. I'll take Whipper on a walk on one of the trails to see how bad they are. Yesterday afternoon I got the broke Oak branch out of the front tree, cut up and in the trash. The other branches went back up during the thaw. Now I just have about a dozen hedges that need to be cut to the ground and see if they come back out next month, if not replace them.

During the freeze I did get a lot of time to do the Spanish app and am in 2nd place (of 30 in my league) so unless the 5 people under me really get busy this weekend I'll promote up to the next league Sunday.

My EGO tiller attachment shipping was delayed because of the ice so will have a few more days wait.

Will need another run to the store today as several item were out of stock because of no deliveries for 3 days.

The neighborhood facilities and town schools open back up today at 10 AM after being closed for the 3 day Ice Storm of 2023.

Many limbs down on the trees that do not loose their foliage in the winter - live oaks and cedars. Tree companies will have a bonanza the next few weeks. Right Buppies, will keep a look-out for falling limbs.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,110  
Good morning,

23 and going lower to 10 later tonight. Got to the wood stove going and the oil burner to supplement. Will bring down some more firewood.

Other than staying warm not sure what else we will do today. Wife could not get into the sprinter yesterday even with a step up platform. Hopefully she will recover from the bruising soon.

Was offering to use the Braun wheel chair lift but she did not want to do that so she stayed home yesterday. She may have to swallow her pride if it does not get better soon.

Had a long talk with daughter yesterday. She is doing well but frustrated the promotion to next level has not come through. New HR person is apparently the hold up. Government at "work"

Was looking at the Mitsubishi web site for the new mini split on order. It has an amazing bunch of functions on the remote.

The Apple TV 4 should be delivered today so will get that set up. I actually have an old Apple TV gizmo used a long time ago but the new one should be a lot better.

I might move some fill dirt down since the ground is freezing up later today or tomorrow