Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #164,141  
Don, so sad about your trails. You guys worked so hard on them. Looks like part of my property after last year's wet snow/ice/rain storm. Nice looking pizza.

Just came in from watching the ISS fly over...but didn't spot the Chinese balloon airship. Wasn't too bad out there...has only gone down to 27F although still very windy.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,142  
Interesting, never seen it done like that. Probably speeds up the construction time.
So far they have spent; 1 day marking and digging the holes, 1 day setting posts, 2 hrs pouring concrete for posts, 1 day putting panels up for east and west walls. They expect to finish putting up the walls for the north and south walls on Monday. Wednesday and Thursday they will be putting up the roof truss's and roof panels. If the winds cooperate, they will be putting up insulation and roof panels on Friday, to be finished Monday. Seems mighty quick to me. They are talking 6 weeks from start to finish.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,143  
Good (Saturday) morning. Overnight Low of 7.5C and it's presently 21C, 'lightly' overcast and calm.

Some rain is predicted so I may not get a mowing done today. Yesterday I was able to finish collecting the branches along the driveway... it took 4 trips of loading my ute's bed to accomplish.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,144  
So far they have spent; 1 day marking and digging the holes, 1 day setting posts, 2 hrs pouring concrete for posts, 1 day putting panels up for east and west walls. They expect to finish putting up the walls for the north and south walls on Monday. Wednesday and Thursday they will be putting up the roof truss's and roof panels. If the winds cooperate, they will be putting up insulation and roof panels on Friday, to be finished Monday. Seems mighty quick to me. They are talking 6 weeks from start to finish.

Kind of slow for a crew doing it then. I’ve seen videos of crews putting pretty good size up in 2 days, including metal.

I was on the 1 yr plan myself.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,145  
30 by 40 start to finish 4 days 16 foot tall

/ Good morning!!!! #164,146  
Already down to 8F and clear @ 20:30, overnight low was supposed to be 9F so we've already beat that.

UPS showed up with two packages, one a good bit heavier than the other ... ;)

Turns out my provisioning him with hickory chips was timely: he had just told his wife to pick up some ribs when she went grocery shopping. Was very grateful for them.

As far as the packages go, the lighter one was the Massca M2 Pocket Hole Jig System:

IMG_2214 copy.jpg

Ordered the optional three hole drill guide block which allows for closer screws without having to reposition the jig on what you're drilling. Also an extra drill bit and depth stop ... since the depth stop seems like something that could easily get lost.

The heavier package was the drill press.

Spent most of the afternoon putting that together and getting it bolted down to the bench top. Had to run down to the corner to the hardware and pick up correct diameter bolts. Looks like they could have been a tad shorter.

Cleaned off the table with some paraffin (lamp fuel) since I didn't have any kerosene and then gave it a coat of Simonize Vista wax. Made sure to take extra care to clean the Morse taper and cavities in the chuck and the head that it fits into so Kyle would be proud of me ... (y)

IMG_2208 copy.jpg

After I had that done I put the (optional) table on and got it clamped down:

IMG_2210 copy.jpg

Tomorrow I'll check the table to make sure it's perpendicular to the chuck, adjust laser crosshair so that it indicates the target, and make sure it runs true and call it done.

After that, I did a little jiggering around with the rest of the equipment, moving the chop saw over next to the drill press and then got that screwed down. I'm glad I waited on screwing anything down. Think I came up with a reasonable arrangement, in terms of one thing not being blocked by others. Only thing that seems like it could be an issue would be the table on the disc sander ... but it's easily removable:

IMG_2213 copy.jpg

First project will be to build a rack for clamps so I can get those off the pegboard and free up some room there.

Right now though, it's time to get a shower and try and get my feet warmed up.

Hope everyone had a great Friday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #164,147  
The tractor got delivered back here at about 4 P.M., trailing a stream of steam from the exhaust about 20' long. Temp was -23°F. The engine temp never did get up to operating temperature, even though the heater was blowing hot air. Cleaned out the neighbours I plow for, all 5 of them. This place can wait until it warms up a bit, Sunday I think. More snow coming on Sunday.
Temperature now is -25 and it is forecast to get to -28F tonight. Gonna be a chilly night for sure.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,148  
13°F here this morning under clear skies, and got up to 25° today. 19° now, but will start warming overnight. Mid-40s tomorrow, and mid-50s on Sunday, then in the 50s all week.

Still haven't replaced the battery in the tractor. Guess I'll do that tomorrow.

Wife found out yesterday that the foster dog can get through the openings between the vertical bars of the fence, so now she wants to reinforce the fence around the lower yard with a low 2' chickenwire-type fence to block her from getting out. We'll do that on Sunday when it's a bit warmer.

Hope everyone down south survived the ice onslaught this week. Felt bad for the people not at all used to that stuff.

Good evening, gents.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,149  
That's ridiculously cold, L4N. Saw temps like that listed for International Falls this morning, and felt less bad about our cold here. Be safe in that kind of air.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,150  
That's ridiculously cold, L4N. Saw temps like that listed for International Falls this morning, and felt less bad about our cold here. Be safe in that kind of air.
Heck, that’s not cold! Here is what is facing us tonight:

160EDF94-B27C-4F78-BC42-E101714A227B.jpeg

Wind chill will be -43C, which is -45.4F.

Took Jasper out for his evening poo a little while ago, but had to dress him up.
7F5A1164-2F2B-4EBE-B723-F971F198970A.jpeg

Hope we make it through the night!😜