Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #164,191  
I need a long manual pole saw for Mom's yard. Any recommendations?

I don’t have first hand experience with this, but a couple of friends swear by them.
I use a telescoping Makita cordless myself.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,193  
Kind of slow for a crew doing it then. I’ve seen videos of crews putting pretty good size up in 2 days, including metal.

I was on the 1 yr plan myself.

Sophie might say I’m on the “never finished” plan.

She did opt out of Cherry Blossom Festival due to the rain. That means I should get laundry tiled today.
Will be starting after another coffee
IMG_0790.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #164,194  
headed North from Jacksonville, soon to cross GA line.
dinner was ok, complimentary cabernet pretty harsh. Free is well....

heater seems to work better, going to be a quiet evening finishing a book.
jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle....

/ Good morning!!!! #164,195  
Plans sure changed in a hurry this morning when we had no hot water.
Washed hair in freezing water, went and got hair cut.
Home Depot carries my brand of water heater, but the marathon elements are apparently larger than the normal size. My socket doesn’t fit, so ordered a dual size socket. Ordered top element on Amazon, comes tomorrow but socket comes Monday.
Ended up going to a HD in PA that had a marathon water heater in stock and just bought a new one. I’ll fix up the old as a spare.
After getting it home, realized I needed nipples to connect to, so back to Lowe’s. Looked long time, only saw black iron and galvanized nipples. On my way thru appliances a guy asked if I needed help, and he was able to steer me to a mini section of brass fittings and I picked a bunch to try. A handful costs over $100. Used 2, rest will get returned.
It’s in and warming the water.
IMG_7859.JPG

Tried taking a nipple off the old one, but something loosen up below the pipe I was trying to get off, even though I held the piece it was screwed into with a wrench and turned the nipple with pipe wrench. Now the whole piece wobbles at top of tank, so might not be able to fix it up.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,197  
BEF, If I remember correctly the fittings on the marathon I installed are like a union nut with an o-ring inside so when you tighten the nipple it seals. Conversely when you loosen the nipple the fitting flops around and can spin, it may not be broke! Hope this makes some sense.

C9EC0A8C-FD69-49CF-BC12-5C86BDEDB1A3.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #164,198  
BEF, If I remember correctly the fittings on the marathon I installed are like a union nut with an o-ring inside so when you tighten the nipple it seals. Conversely when you loosen the nipple the fitting flops around and can spin, it may not be broke! Hope this makes some sense.

Yes, there is an o ring under the nipple. But it shouldn’t be loose where it is loose, the nipple should have come out, but it didn’t

Something for next week. Didn’t get the new mixer installed at church, but I got one temporary there that will do for tomorrow.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,199  
Doesn’t sound like a fun time, Dennis

Plumbing is not my favorite thing. I bought some new ball valve shut offs to replace the gate valve type, but with all the running around today, decided not to go cutting pipes and soldering.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,200  
Good (Sunday) just past noon. Overnight Low of 11.5C and it's presently 25.3C, clear with a gentle breeze. There was 0.7mm in the gauge at 0900.

Just back from Church on this beautiful day. I didn't get to the mowing due to the threatened rain yesterday... the 'coast' received 3mm which was great for them as I've been more fortunate in that department than them. Unless you're a 'townie' you're pretty much on 'tank' or a well.

I'll get to mowing tomorrow. Or the next day. Although I do have to wander into town this week to give a blood sample.

That's about it, take care all.