Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #164,331  
Good morning, the low temp is 17 and going to a high of 36°F. Wind SE 15 gusting to 22 mph.Periods of snow/ rain.

I have made the executive decision that I will replace two of the hydraulic hard lines now. The one that is leaking and the one beside it. A 20L pail of Hy Tran hydraulic oil will cost me $163.00 + 13% tax.
Tractor takes 30L, I have a 20L pail here. The one line is $143.00, the other line will be more, it is longer and has two banjo bolts on it. Both lines and the new filter will still come in cheaper than a new hydraulic pump. That is my reasoning for what it is worth.

LS, don't forget the chicken soup.

It is good to see Texas has come out of the deep freezer and is getting better temps.

Have a good day all

/ Good morning!!!! #164,332  
Good evening all. 50ºF for the start, overcast and breezy. Brisk wind with brisker gusts. Getting trash out then drop truck off to get heated seat repaired. Got home later than wanted, Wife was to have telemedicine appointment at 1:15. Chain broke 8 miles into ride. POA employees gave me ride with bike back to house. At 1:30 called dr office because no link showed up, they said we are behind. Link finally shoes up, but no instructions. After waiting over an hour, we just closed down session. GRRRRRRR. Go fix chain with another master link, then take nap too disgusted to go ride. Watching non-tech trying to use very technical processes hurts.
Buppies sorry you are up early. prayers sent.
Ron good to hear new TV now on one remote. Hope you enjoyed your seat time. Nice dove pic
Billy thank you. Good luck with LLC taxes.
Kilroy wife just brought me mine :)
Kilroy Glad you got stopped before starting. Iffy sounds expensive. Hope side by side starts.
Bill too cold for outside.
Mike glad more siding up, good luck with lights. That is crazy about denying insurance coverage. Prayers for her recovery and insurance to come to it senses.
Drew glad you woke up in your own bed. Hope neck does better today.
Buppies yes, ICW sounds better until you get fuel bill :(
RS pics look good, the trick is keeping it that way. Never shop while hungry, increases chance of buyer's remorse. When worked on the factory floor had big mat to stand on, it really helped me standing on concrete.
Drew sad story on insurance.
Dave nice day but for the wind.
Frits hope install had no complications or problems.
Ken glad good concert, and son in band. Did he ever get job? Soor about back in dog house.
Don glad you took care of limbs, and chainsaw working well, it deserves new chain :) Glad kale hanging in there.
Bill good luck getting correct hydraulic line.
Dennis good luck with getting Quicken to show what you want to see.
Paul sounds like productive day. How much does a prius battery cost?
Ted hope you got some moisture. Sorry to hear bad night sleep, prayers sent.
David glad grout turned out ok. Hope you get room ready for sink plumbing install. Hope Happy hour worked out.
Drew sound like busy bee. hope you get tub refilled.
RS glad you had a spare can.
Frits nice progress. nice pic and fire cabinet.
Ljj welcome to GM thread. Nice pickup on the bench.
Thomas Dash is the weekend program.
Frits nice metal roll around.
Thomas you are a soft touch :)
Frits you have nice work space and tool collection.
Ljj must make it more of a challenge with two properties to leave tools :(
Rand(wag) interesting repair to wood rot. Sorry about breaking fast too early, I have a fasting blood draw Friday.
Paul quit the clamp collection.
RS oops on getting caught. Glad you could knock off early.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /broken arm and heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /elbow healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, /wife's voice, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /uncle's surgery, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Lou /eye issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage not doing well, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, / brother "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's surgery, Scotty, /back pain, Frits /daughter recovery from surgery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Mark /wife colon surgery, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.
Iffy IS expensive! But a new chainsaw is definitely cheaper than a trip to the hospital…

/ Good morning!!!! #164,333  
Agree... Another thing, if you've got access to a good Chinese restaurant, 'Hot & Sour Soup' is a wonderful way of clearing things up. There's probably a recipe online somewhere.
Hot&Sour Soup is my test of whether hot not it is a good Chinese restaurant. I have found that if they can make a good H&S, everything else on the menu will be good.

there was a restaurant we tried when we first moved here, and I wouldn’t say that the H&S was bad. . . It was WRONG. I don’t know how or why, but it was horrid. The rest of the meal was no better, except for the spring rolls, which I suspect were out of the freezer case from WalMart.

thankfully that place is long gone.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,334  
Agree... Another thing, if you've got access to a good Chinese restaurant, 'Hot & Sour Soup' is a wonderful way of clearing things up. There's probably a recipe online somewhere.
Something else for “clearing things up” (and there is a third tin behind…) 🤣😂🤣

CE5C1F9C-60F2-4C9F-84C5-2775B9AFBEBC.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #164,336  
Good Morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).

27F, allegedly going to 64F. It got to 61 yesterday, and due to Mrs still being a bit sore from the hike this weekend, we spent the after-work outdoor time on the deck soaking up some sun.

well, I did, anyway - Mrs was bundled up in her sweats and fleecy robe 😁

our manager said we can start coming in at 7 next week, now that jobs are piling up. I still don’t understand why we couldn’t all along. But we have run out of time for final stages of training (six-hour days vs eight hour days really cut into training) so we will not be cleared to do the big jobs containing detailed stock trades—- which is fine, since the pay is the same. I have no problem batting out a bunch of small simpler jobs and letting someone else pound out something that takes several hours for one job. In the end, the per-page count productivity works out about equal.

other than that, I hope everyone has a happy healthy safe blessed day!

/ Good morning!!!! #164,337  
26 going to 58, and then 3 days in the mid/upper 60s. I might let the woodstove have an energy conservation day or three later this morning. Another crocus bloomed yesterday, and the red maples buds are swollen red.

Ron, neat pic. Is there a white background where those titmice are sitting, or did you use a photography technique?

Good to hear from you, scaredy.

Mostly, it's tough to have a busted telemedicine call and chain in the same day.

Pop., are your clamps coming alive at night and reproducing? Nice collection. I got 2 newfangled ones from DeWalt in my Christmas stocking.

Finished the LLC taxes and got them efiled, and "accepted" by the IRS...So took wife to Torchy's Tacos to celebrate and because we needed to pick a couple of things in town.

I hurt my leg a few days ago, so have been putting off splitting firewood, and making a dump run...may try those today. Plus, more taxes to do...my own, MIL's and sons.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,338  
Good morning, 27 going to 48 today with cloudy conditions.

Going to town today to pick up groceries. 20 percent off on points and 5 percent off for senior day.

Mounted the remote thermostat for the mini split on the wall. Will tackle the electrical installation in the next few days.

Wife is doing better getting in and out of the Sprinter and only a little sore from the fall.

Remembered to check on the drain on the air receiver tank on the Quincy compressor. Standing water can cause freeze damage. An auto drain would be better

/ Good morning!!!! #164,339  
Ron, neat pic. Is there a white background where those titmice are sitting, or did you use a photography technique?

I hurt my leg a few days ago, so have been putting off splitting firewood, and making a dump run...may try those today. Plus, more taxes to do...my own, MIL's and sons.
It was early in the morning when I took picture. Low light. With snow covered field in back ground. Did a little contrast and exposure adjustments. So birds color showed up. Background turned almost pure white.
Take care of your leg.
I need to start on my taxes.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,340  
32F and "Fair" @ 06:30, heading up to around 54F with some showers later this afternoon.

Was in bed by a little after 20:00 and slept until 04:30 so feeling well-rested.

Woman was into organizing tool and equipment paperwork last night and I mentioned that there was an entire box of paperwork I had brought down from the shop so She went over and opened that up and promptly found the drill guide and 200 series Jacobs chuck.

Oh ... so that's where they got off to ...

I knew I had brought them down, but wasn't seeing them anywhere.

Good find ... (y)

The slides on the guide seem a little sticky so will probably give that a little TLC today.

Several things on the agenda to get done today before the rain moves in:

Remove some boards and 8' fluorescent fixtures that are on a storage shelves in the garage and take them over to the barn so they are out of the way here.

Grab some of the new 2 x 4's and the Shop Vac over in the barn and bring them back over to the garage.

Investigate whether there is any decent plywood still over there and bring it over to the house. Think I got all the Baltic Birch the last time but there might still be some stuff that could be useful.

Head up to the shop and get a fire going to warm it up. Need to check and see what size bi-metal hole saws I have up there for drilling the lid on the dust collection drum.

Probably sneak up to the road while I'm up there and collect the trash can and recycle bin.

Later I'll cut up the aforementioned 2 x 4's and put another set of saw horses together for here in the garage.

If I get that done I may head back over to the barn and snatch the table top for the workbench and bring it over here to the house. Need to get the grid laid out on that for the bench dog holes.

Suspect Woman is planning on a trip out to the grocery store today which will give me the opportunity to shut off the water where it won't disrupt Her household activities so I can work on the shower valve. That might throw a wrench in the rest of my agenda ... ;)

Plus see what else comes up.

Time to go figure off the torpedo and get things warming up.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday ... (y)