Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #166,581  
Good morning!

God has given us another chance at getting it right(or at least not screwing up too badly…).

Currently 29.1F, just added more wood to the stove, might hit upper 30s today.

so, after work, had to drop off some stuff to my mother’s. Now, we had been discussing getting a second dog after we finished tax season work, and it would probably be a German Shephers (because Mrs. loves the breed and has had several in the past) but she found on the FB of the local shelter a cute 3yo mix she ”just wanted to see and maybe if nobody takes her by time we are ready we can.” Well, there are two shelters: the County shelter and the Humane Society shelter, and they are about a half-mile apart, and she didn’t remember which one and so I drove to the nearer one and it was the wrong shelter.

but since we were there. . .

ANYWHO - LSS:

We are now in a mad scramble to find a boarding/training school for a 12-week-old Redbone puppy (picking up next Saturday) or else we are going to have to split our workdays so that someone is home all day until we get the housebreaking and basic training done.

And we never made it up to the woodlot yesterday.

And our Bailey knows something is up — boy, is she in for a surprise! But she will get to have a playmate (our Sandy was not a very friendly dog, but at least was another presence in the house while we were out and about). And she - and us as well - will get plenty of exercise, which won’t hurt, either.

I have to do a SERIOUS house-cleaning and pick up all the breakables and edibles (or at least chewables) that I can this week. And another bin for puppy food, and wee wee pads, and … and... and…

I hope everyone has a safe healthy happy blessed day!

/ Good morning!!!! #166,583  
Good morning!

God has given us another chance at getting it right(or at least not screwing up too badly…).

Currently 29.1F, just added more wood to the stove, might hit upper 30s today.

so, after work, had to drop off some stuff to my mother’s. Now, we had been discussing getting a second dog after we finished tax season work, and it would probably be a German Shephers (because Mrs. loves the breed and has had several in the past) but she found on the FB of the local shelter a cute 3yo mix she ”just wanted to see and maybe if nobody takes her by time we are ready we can.” Well, there are two shelters: the County shelter and the Humane Society shelter, and they are about a half-mile apart, and she didn’t remember which one and so I drove to the nearer one and it was the wrong shelter.

but since we were there. . .

ANYWHO - LSS:

We are now in a mad scramble to find a boarding/training school for a 12-week-old Redbone puppy (picking up next Saturday) or else we are going to have to split our workdays so that someone is home all day until we get the housebreaking and basic training done.

And we never made it up to the woodlot yesterday.

And our Bailey knows something is up — boy, is she in for a surprise! But she will get to have a playmate (our Sandy was not a very friendly dog, but at least was another presence in the house while we were out and about). And she - and us as well - will get plenty of exercise, which won’t hurt, either.

I have to do a SERIOUS house-cleaning and pick up all the breakables and edibles (or at least chewables) that I can this week. And another bin for puppy food, and wee wee pads, and … and... and…

I hope everyone has a safe healthy happy blessed day!

Enjoy the puppy days. They grow up way to fast.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,584  
View attachment 789187

Prayers for a neighbor one road over. He was turning and a vehicle passed and struck him, just down from my house. I don’t know him, heard he had back injuries.

I’m on hiatus from TBN due to a certain moderator, but wanted to share this.
Looks nasty...speedy recovery for your neighbor.

Snagglepuss kept dad mellow. ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #166,586  
20F partly cloudy sky 10-51 mph wind won't reach 30F today.
Finally last day of winter think I'll shut snow valve off until next December. :)

Outside chores done E muffin time.
Plans for today...Store plow for the pickup,clean critter food area,lay walk boards to critter feed area,remove snow off trap 🙄 covering grit for driveway,watch some NASCAR sneak in nap??? other than that putter day.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,587  
   / Good morning!!!! #166,588  
28° in Denton, Tx this morning but going for a high of a sunny 53° with some reason to hope that this is the last freeze of the season.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

There's been some posts here about the medication, Paxlovid. Well, I was one sick puppy when I took it and it worked great for me; with no side effects that I know of. I'd had an appointment to go in this coming Wednesday, but early yesterday morning, I called and cancelled it; don't need anything. But then while I was out yesterday, my wife said the nurse called and they'd like to see me, so I called back and the lady who answered the phone reinstated the appointment for me.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sometimes life is like a 3 ring circus.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,589  
28 outside this AM, Heading to lower 40's.

Need to feed the wood stove today.

Yesterday was spent delivering the weasel cage to the rescue. The lady has a super nice place that she rehabs and releases wild life on. While we were there for drop-off, two adopters came for weasels. Never knew that pet had such a following. The ladies basement, over 2000 square feet was dedicated to animal rescue. I'd say she loves what she is doing. Good for her. She also coordinates movements of animals, nation wide.

After the drop off, we stopped in at a family friends restaurant for a quick bite and spent too much time there because the food was so good.

I did manage to find time to cut the last of the window trim in the Milk House. I hope to start skimming the walls, sometime today.

Have a blessed day all. Be safe. Drew...safe travels. Don and wife, hope you all are getting better.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,590  
31 and windy again. But blue bird skies, and sun coming up.

That's a terrible accident BEF. Prayers for your neighbor.

Thomas, you might need to shut a bank vault door rather than a valve. 😁 ☃️❄️

Rip, only seen 1 weasel here in 3 and a half decades...I guess that's by design...crafty little guys.

Kilroy, congrats on lining up the new Redbone. (Come and Get Your Love)

Excelled at puttering yesterday, but I did manage to scratch 5 things off my to-do list...of course, added about 10.