Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #168,171  
35 outside this AM, heading to mid 70's.

Managed to get into the wife's tractor yesterday (she is not home) and mowed a back pasture for a few hours. It was sure nice not dressing up for the occasion and listening to tunes while doing it. Spent more time with the weed whacker too.

Nothing on the agenda today, I taped up the windows in the Milk House for another round of paint on the sills and whatnot. If I can hang the bathroom mirror I will be a content man for the day. That thing is huge.

Hope all have a great day. Be safe, get or stay healthy.

/ Good morning!!!! #168,172  
Good morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).

38F, going to maybe 80.

been busy — good busy. Painted the two deep hive boxes with some “No Trespassing“ paint (in NC you can paint a 12” band of purple around a tree and it is - by statute- a “No Trespassing/Posted” sign. Added some decoration to make it easier for bees to know which is which ( and make Mrs happy, since she wanted them decorated… 😁):

0B9CD01D-DEE6-4938-B66E-71D2C3285FDC.jpeg

Took off the chains and plow. Yeah, blame me for any snow this week.

Made a mock-up of a spare tire carrier for the UTV:
9CF862C0-FF5B-443A-B270-3960A3821E4E.jpeg

Now to draw a diagram and go to the metal supply and have them fab it.

We had our two phone interviews with dog training boot camp. First one was in morning with Corporate. We had the lady rolling with some of the antics of Harry, especially when we got to the part about “Food Allergies” and I said “He eats sticks, rocks, and chicken poop. I think he is OK on that one”. Second interview was with trainer, which went well, she as two working dogs, one cadaver dog and one SAR dog, has been working with her county Sheriff’s office for several years. Highly amused by Harry’s favorite toy ( a rock in a sock we used as a doorstop). He goes for three weeks starting May 7th.

put the last two elderberries in at the woodlot, and repotted the four that I am keeping at the house.

also assembled another ten hive frames and used the last of my wired beeswax foundation sheets. I did not get to inspect the hives yesterday as it was too windy, hope to do that today, and see if it is time to add that second story to the hives.

Today, we are taking the UTV (christened “TUK TUK” after the Asian scooter cabs) for inspection so we can renew the registration (in NC you can legally operate on the paved roads if you pr unit has required equipment and passes MV inspection) before the end of the month. I do need to check the air pressure before heading out.

Our hot tub (9 years old) has developed a small leak, I need to find it. You all know it will be in the least accessible point from the main access panel…

free Concert tonight at the Performing Arts Center by the NC State Symphony Orchestra.

Still waiting to hear back from contractors about grading/graveling.
I hope everyone has a happy healthy safe productive blessed Hump Day!

/ Good morning!!!! #168,173  
good morning all
surprisingly cool out, 34, tomatoes are likely shivering
feel much better this morning, still a sore spot in gut but at least I know it's nothing serious
thanks for all the well wishes.
This bug tore me a new one....now back to being more careful washing my hands when I come home.

Jay, what a nice surprise to hear from you. Be here, be happy.

got all my parts in for rv, new kitchen faucet, water inlet and hot water heater electric element. Had to buy a special (but inexpensive) 1 1/2 inch
thin wall socket to install hot water element since regular sockets don't fit. Now will see when my favorite MacGyver can come work his magic. Pretty sure that element
needs some plumbers goop put on it, which I don't have. (?) I defer to much smarter minds.

got the lawn done yesterday and confirmed guy to come weedeat every two weeks. 40 bucks, up from 30 for last guys, who I didn't think charged enough actually.
This crew works right across the street and can walk over and do mine at same time. Lawn was pretty thick, had to remow several areas to grind up the clippings.
The weed and feed I put down in a few locations really made lawn jump after 1 1/2 inches of rain.
Always an issue when mowing, blow grass out or in. In means it all looks very nice til end, then a lot of clippings to contend with. I don't like clumps so always a little bit of a challenge, particularly with grass not fully dried out.

I hope not to offend anyone here, but I've never liked the practice of blowing grass and leaves out into the public roads. perhaps just my own quirk. Sometimes unavoidable if using a big bush hog near the road, but I always make the first two passes aiming in. Don't want a rock or something hitting a car going by anyway.

hope you all have a great day.
Agree on the grass in the road, mainly because I used to ride a motorcycle, and it could have interesting effects on traction, especially around bends…

/ Good morning!!!! #168,174  
Had to buy a special (but inexpensive) 1 1/2 inch
thin wall socket to install hot water element since regular sockets don't fit. Now will see when my favorite MacGyver can come work his magic. Pretty sure that element
needs some plumbers goop put on it, which I don't have. (?)

I hope not to offend anyone here, but I've never liked the practice of blowing grass and leaves out into the public roads. perhaps just my own quirk.

Last elements I just put in had rubber gasket on them, might want to check your new one.
They were also larger than normal 1 1/2” so I had to buy another special element wrench.

Edit- I can see the rubber seal in the picture.

I also detest grass mowed onto road. I always mow in. I don’t mow it onto my neighbors yard either, I always make at least 2 passes my direction first.

/ Good morning!!!! #168,175  
33° and frost. Low was 31°

Not much else happening yet. Still haven’t cleaned up the garden and need to mix up and spray weed juice.
I have so many projects now I can’t keep track of them all.
Need to horizontally mine in garage, office, basement and barn sometime.

/ Good morning!!!! #168,176  
Good news Drew!

well…..see if the entryway install actually happens today. The contractor is “scheduled” to be here at 9. This is attempt #4…….6+ months after my wife placed the order….

/ Good morning!!!! #168,179  
Good morning, 35 going to 71 nice sunny day.

Going to to the podiatrist today for nail service.

The kid to help with fencing called off due to work schedule. My shoulder is getting better and range of motion has improved. Pain when stretching to put the arm into jacket sleeve but normal positions it is ok. I don't want to lift too heavy things with that side to not break it up again. Mowed some grass last evening before supper.
Wife's Rheaumatoid arthritis flare up has improved a little so we are happy for that.
After appointment this morning I should service the ZT since I now have the parts that I picked up yesterday. Pouring oil out of a 5 gallon bucket may be a problem so will look for the pump.
Will look for UTubes to repair yard hydrant

/ Good morning!!!! #168,180  
Morning all, 39 going up to 63 and the sun is up.

2 foxes ran in front of dog and I this morning. Dog was proud she "scared" them off.

did some weedwacking along the driveway, then wife asked me to help her take dog to get nails trimmed, so off we went. Was getting tired after 30min of swinging the M18 trimmer. Maybe try more today.

Drew-glad to hear a minor bump in the road.

Be well