Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #170,511  
RNG, assuming the shunts are the same, I’d suggest hooking in your FNDC as that will feed info to your Mate3 and OpticsRE. Guessing you could have both hooked up same time.

If you find a good solution to that push button PLEASE share. I hate them. Getting harder and harder to use.

/ Good morning!!!! #170,512  
6 series JD and Kubota M7, nice tractors, nice farms
I would be happy to drive either one.

over 400 spark plugs?
hmmmmm
how about some platinum tip or tougher plugs to the rescue?
today we don't even think about plugs until 100k. They usually come with a coil now, gets to be expensive.

my memory of the thickness of the body steel of the PV544 Volvo was it was tanklike. Like the 56 Chevy we owned
you don't see them driven very much anymore.
Silver Saab 9-5 wagon in supermarket lot this morning. Nice looking car.
and about four other Volvo suvs like mine.

rest done, time to finish the mowing
Well the mission was to use only original parts and use the maintenance procedures for this model. All the original major parts were still there as matched by serial numbers. Engine had been rebuilt twice but was still the original block and cylinder head and the ring and pinion gear was changed.

Yes the 544 was very sturdy small car. Mine had absolutely no rust after 25 years

/ Good morning!!!! #170,513  
Daughter went to the Black eyed Susan event at the Preakness at Pimlico yesterday, She sent some great pictures with this unreal oversized hat. She gets around to lots of events having volunteered many places. She always gets tickets to the Kennedy center events and many others. She just arrived in Stockholm Sweden for a weeks worth of work and hopefully some free time also

a69466e5-9459-4a5f-90c0-e27ff94b9f6f.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #170,514  
Continuing the service work on the RTV today. The magnetic plug on the transmission has some sludge on it that must have been magnetic. No metal fines were noticed.
I am always hunting for the right tools and since not using them all very often have to open many boxes to get the right one.
Who knew the RTV has a cabin filter? I do not have a replacement so blowing it off with air will do for now

IMG_2130.JPG
IMG_2124.JPG
IMG_2123.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #170,516  
Being as it IS Sunday, I wont fire up the tractor until 11A.M. ( noise laws), the noise laws don't apply for snow removal but they do apply for stump removal.
Down here the same but it's call noise pollution law. 🙄

/ Good morning!!!! #170,517  
pushed the little trim mower for awhile, then mowed the lawn.
little electric mower very quiet, noise does not bother my ears

as far as sparkplugs in the not so distant past you needed a new set at 30k miles.
so....30 sets of plugs per million, or so, and three million.' That's 90 to 100 plug changes, 4 cylindres.
there's your 400 plugs

turned the fridge on in the rv and packed some water bottles in there.
weather looks nice for next week here
75 and sunny now

I put some limp carrots out for the rabbits.
:unsure:

Attachments

• IMG_1789.JPG
    IMG_1789.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 40
   / Good morning!!!! #170,518  
70F hazy sky steady 10+ mph wind.

Been slow but steady day...planted cukes,tomatoes,beets,pepper and 10 packages assorted flower seeds,Mrs. putter with her rose bushes has half of them left to plant...thank goodness steady wind kept the blackflies at bay.

Plans for the evening...soon bqq chicken potatoes onion peppers on the grill,than feet up share french Vallina ice cream early to bed out the door early AM.

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #170,519  
I am always hunting for the right tools and since not using them all very often have to open many boxes to get the right one.
When I grew up and my toolbox was about as big as a lunchbox I rarely had that problem.
After I retired about 12 years ago I made it a habit to buy what I considered "good" handtools I might use whenever I found them on sale.
With 3 sons and daughter that could put in a patio door I always found someplace to "donate" within the family.
But lately I've ran across the same problem.
"Getting the right one" vs one that will do depends on what I figure is the "right one" out of my collection.

My worst conundrum is cutting metal roofing panels for various projects.
I've aviation shears, 40yr old tin snips, electric metal shears, jig saws, band saws, angle grinders with thin blades, circular saws with metal cutting blades, circular saws with regular blades reversed, "nibblers", chisels, reciprocal saws. Or last resort, chain saw :). I don't have a plasma cutter yet.
And many of them are stored in different places.

At what point do we stop buying new tools?

/ Good morning!!!! #170,520  
Most of my neighbours don't complain, but I don't want them to get the idea that they can. Although my road is still gravel (1/4 mile long) I don't take my snow chains off and I don't want the cops telling me I need to.
Went over and dug out about 4 stumps all pine. The biggest one took me 2 hours (2.5' in diameter). My KL2475 wouldn't lift it, but I did drag it out of the hole and relocated as part of her stump fence, now.
I will be back over there tomorrow for more stumps. About 7 to go including a 3 footer, the rest are 2' or less. My only wish is that I should have gotten the hydraulic thumb instead of the manual one.
Maybe next year.