Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #180,721  
it was interesting seeing a few small boats go back in that inlet, one second there, next second gone around some tight turn, like the land sucked them up.

that boat has decent seats. why that guy wants to hang his leg over the rail, which makes about as much sense as folks who hang their legs out car windows. I don't know about his anatomy, but I think those boat seats would be a lot better... maybe that's a new look? like the trucks with their front ends up in the air?

speaking of trucks, oh do the Florida boys like their big wheels. Gigantic tires and rims sticking far out from the body, illegal up North but I guess pretty norm here. Doesn't that wreck your wheel bearings? Can't believe those tires are wearing normally either.
their version of rolling art
apparently florida doesn't have car inspections.

there was not one person of color at the restaurant last night on the West Coast of Florida. I found that very interesting. Hispanic wait staff. Bar had a funky somewhat redneck vibe. It was great and that local mullet fish sandwich was good. I thought a mullet was a hair do.
apparently it's a fish too. Firm, a little sweet, has some flavor vs bland. The second taco will be my lunch today with some Kelchner's cocktail sauce added. My friend was not impressed with his mullet.
perhaps he thinks it's one step up from bait fish...

but when I looked around while we left just to check out the full house, the social implications struck me. Nothing bad, just observing.

have plenty of time this morning, will leave after 9. Makes zero sense being out there in commuter traffic unless I need to be.
What wrecks wheel bearings/bushings/ball joints/etc is having big wheels that DO NOT stick out far enough, and thus contact the frame when turning. Especially big, knobby tires contacting the frame while turning…

/ Good morning!!!! #180,723  
I let my license lapse years ago, once my favorite repeated went off the air permanently, i sortakinda lost ambition with it. The repeater was on top of Tower 2.

I still have my gear, just haven’t used it in years…
I was pretty deep into CB radios back in the 70s to early 90s. I traveled by car or camper a lot back then. My handle was "Captain Computer". I had a license but let it lapse as well. After I realized no one else was getting a license. I still have my tweaked base station. Talked to the World after dark. :LOL: "Skip-Land, Skip-Land, this is Texas calling".

/ Good morning!!!! #180,724  
Blue sky, in the low 40s. I thought I would take a day off yesterday although the down trees at the farm were calling me. It cleared up in the afternoon so I couldn't help myself I worked on leaves. The leaf pile at the back of the property here seems huge this year. Friday I hauled more logs at the farm. I'd like to say the end was in sight but there is still a lot to do. I made good progress on a big down mulberry. What a crooked tangled mess. I love my little Yanmar. Pulled the logs right out of the tangle. My neighbor is keeping up bucking and hauling the rounds to his place to be split. He came down to help me in the woods but he scared me when he stepped in a hole and went down. I feel a lot better when he cuts wood up at the staging area. It's a nice flat grassy area. We got a little rain Saturday morning but the ground is still dry.

My wife baked pumpkin bread for Thanksgiving yesterday. I'm looking forward to it this year. We will have a little bigger gathering.

Enjoy the day.

Chris

/ Good morning!!!! #180,725  
Good morning! 52˚F, S breeze heading to the mid 60s, 25% chance of rain with cloudy skies.

My wife's 2nd cousin came for a visit yesterday. Her husband is a licensed ham radio operator and he of course has a car ham radio. I found the radio call numbers for the neighborhood Ham Radio Operator's Club (because we have a club for every thing here) and to my surprise a club member answered him and invited me to join the cub and would help me get a operator's license. Seems like a neat hobby. Now I have a lot of questions about ham radios.

This probably should be a separate thread but are there any ham radio operators on TBN, or do you know any licensed operators? His network of radio operators sounded like our morning thread here. I saw that our neighborhood radio club has a radio "fox hunt" once a month and other activities.
Don feel free to ask away I have been a ham for over 30 years. I am mostly involved in the Emergency Comms side of it.
SHARES/AFMARS and Ham gateways.

/ Good morning!!!! #180,726  
Don feel free to ask away I have been a ham for over 30 years. I am mostly involved in the Emergency Comms side of it.
SHARES/AFMARS and Ham gateways.
Right now I don't know enough to know what questions to ask. I will keep you in mind if I pursue it.
What do you mostly use it for? I know it is a emergency use communication when cell phones go down.

/ Good morning!!!! #180,727  
Don a common software used for emergency comms is Winlink "RMS Express" this allows "emails" to be sent over the radio when the normal internet system is down. There are so many different things that can be done with the hobby is you wish to pursue them. I also enjoy building some of my own equipment.

/ Good morning!!!! #180,729  
Good Morning!!!! 53F @ 8:00AM. Windy with sunshine. High 68F. Winds NNW at 20 to 30 mph. Higher wind gusts possible.
Local weather station registered about 0.3" of rain yesterday, falling on and off most of the day.

Did a little shelf shuffling yesterday and got all the pieces of the last motorcycle on the new hanging shelf. Also unloaded the rest of the last load from the van. Never made it out to groceries or Costco; couldn't stand the thought of facing the crowds. Feeling the same way today, so maybe tomorrow.

Did a little unpacking from the previous two trips, pretty much filling up a small hall closet by the front door. Still need to decide what to do with the closets in two of the bedrooms. POs removed the sliding doors, shelf, and even the coat rods. Guess that's the "thing" to do these days. Checked replacement door prices at HD; what a shocker.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend...

/ Good morning!!!! #180,730  
64°F and no rain. Feeling fallish

Sunday again, maybe watch some football.

Got a start on cleaning out the BX fuel tank. Apparent got some debris in the tank and it would restrict the flow into the filter. Kinda a PITA project.

Electric system made it thru the night again - hopeful. This has been such a reliable system last 4 years.

Friends coming over for dinner later. Chicken curry on the menu I heard.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day