Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #180,861  
I have a friend in Mississippi who makes up his own words ~ Amusing himself and others. 🤪
So many people on the list for this operation here. The Dr I used is very good and the wait was worth it. Friend in Kentucky got surgery right away ~ They put the wrong prescription in one eye and he had to go back, then other problems and he had more eye surgery...:oops: scared me. But glad I found a good one.

Got both my surgeries by being on call list and took advantage of others cancelling.

/ Good morning!!!! #180,863  
Since living here there is a whole list of things I never envisioned. That would include owning 4 tractors.
And your satellite phased array tracking station - Starlink. :)

I recall working with NASA on ground segments (land based tracking stations) earlier in my career, then came sat to sat communications, eliminating a large number of the ground based systems. Now I too can have one in my own back yard (or a small footprint on the roof). Ain't life grand?

/ Good morning!!!! #180,866  
And your satellite phased array tracking station - Starlink. :)

I recall working with NASA on ground segments (land based tracking stations) earlier in my career, then came sat to sat communications, eliminating a large number of the ground based systems. Now I too can have one in my own back yard (or a small footprint on the roof). Ain't life grand?

Sure is
When we left Ga was still on dial up.
If fact, when i retired from Army, we were on Dial up and basically no internet web etc, as we know it. My iphone likely has more capability than our units housed in 40 ft trailers.

/ Good morning!!!! #180,867  
1700601608828.png

this should be interesting crossing over early tomorrow morning
with a high wind alert and thunderstorms
ten degrees to port cap'n

69 degrees in Charleston SC

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #180,868  
Chef friend in Charleston recommends

FIG
Tippling House
Leons Oysters
Lowland Tavern
Le Farfalle
Husk
The Ordinary
Frits, thank you, I had hoped to take my niece and her husband out to dinner at one of these places and at the last moment her family went to the mountains. So I'm here without a car and going nowhere.
my own cooking is fine thankfully

what is not fine is that I'm under attack.
bing wack wack bing

I'm parked under some kind of oak tree or something with nuts and they are raining down on the rv.

/ Good morning!!!! #180,869  
I'm checking in at the rv campground in N Ft Meyers and the yard boss with the golf cart brought me back, wanted to let me know Shorty next door had a loud voice, but was a nice guy. Shorty was a black man about five feet tall and seemed ok, and his 5'8 seriously obese white wife, and then the yard boss starts off by saying he is a Southern Conservative.

whatever that means.

I thought for a moment and you all would be proud of me.
I said I thought the best way to make friends was to talk about anything other than politics or religion. He smiled and said I was right.
I did not want to get into it with him.
and I went over later to sit with Shorty on his golf cart with him for a little while. Nice Harley nearby.
Shorty was fine and yes his voice was loud.
my curiosity to know what that guy meant was not strong enough
to delay hooking up my hot rv so the a/c would turn on.

when I looked up Southern conservative and saw the part about belief in a natural inherited hierarchy well glad I skipped that little chat.
I believe that approach is summed up by everyone in their place.
quite a few folks might take exception to that.

had a nice chicken and wild rice soup for dinner, spiced up with six drops of schiraca sauce. Scored some ice cream at the campground store, time for some Hersheys strawberry.

/ Good morning!!!! #180,870  
Good (Wednesday) morning. Overnight Low of 10.9C and it's presently 16.3C, overcast and fairly calm. There was 0.3mm in the gauge @ 0900.

I accomplished a lot WRT wood-stacking yesterday however, despite stretching prior to, I annoyingly cramped up (left calf) when I toddled off to bed last night.

Today is 'into town' day for mail/groceries, preceded with a Veteran's coffee gathering @ 1000. Then it's back at the wood-stacking this arvo... I may be finishing!

That's about it, take care all.