Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #181,472  
35F cloudy.
Busy...darn busy at work today.
Coming up driveway had quick stop gray fox decided to play game of deer 🙄 walking towards house BIG Doe huff than blow at me scare s..t out of me :cautious: she was real close ...I shall get even.

Plans for evening little to nothing feet up.

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #181,473  
I think the reference was to a 1031 exchange, a tax break involving real estate:

/ Good morning!!!! #181,474  
What is a 431 exchange? Is it an American thing?
Check, I have to apologize. I really messed this one up. Not only did I not realize you are in Canada but I typed in te wrong numbers. It's 1031 not 431.

Maybe "y'all" have something like it in Canada, IDK, but it's very helpful to cut down on taxes when selling an investment property. (almost any real estate not used as your residence will qualify in the US)

>>>>A 1031 exchange allows real estate investors to swap one investment property for another and defer capital gains taxes, but only if IRS rules are met.<<<<

/ Good morning!!!! #181,475  
Good (Friday) morning. Overnight Low of 8.9C and it's presently 18.8C, high-overcast with a steady wind. There was 3.5mm in the gauge @ 0900.

Well, yesterday's Doctor appointment was a bust. Short story is that, despite having an 'appointment' card and receiving a text reminder (which I had to acknowledge), reception said that "the computer says NO". It's a good thing that it's not an important follow-up. Anyway, I re-booked for the 12th. <sigh>

So that was a wasted trip into town and any projects that I could have accomplished for that afternoon didn't get done.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #181,476  
But what is it for?
It is for a project that will eventually be a bike or trike that is pedaled, but powered hydraulically (no chain direct to wheel). There will be an accumulator, and a way to regenerate the braking force back to pressure.

Popgadget, I cheated and ran it on the cnc, with good old flood coolant. This was actually the first time (on this brand of machine) that I've utilized the 5 axis, also having to prove out the mastercam post, and the way I programmed it. So I was actually able to get to all 5 sides with ports in one setup.

Screenshot 2023-11-30 203800.jpg

"Should I bring my trailer up there?"

Remember the guy on here Farming with Junk? I think I could be his poor cousin. What would really be helpful if someone brought a dumpster. :LOL: I'm going to start with the low hanging fruit. There are a bunch of bottles of waste oil in the corner that need to go to the farmer down the road who burns waste oil. I was thinking of actually moving everything out and cleaning but my big shopvac doesn't turn on so I need to figure that out. That should be a good way to start.

The radio says it may get to 50F this afternoon so I will chop leaves at the farm.

Take care.

Chris
Check the switch on the shop vac.
Don't like bay leaf. I swear it was a smart way for some guy in the past to clear his lawn and make a couple bucks doing it. Bay Leaf (n)🤮
Bay leaf in boiled shrimp y'all....yummy.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #181,477  
Mostly, I'm praying for you.

Check, I hope they write you a HUGE check for your place. It sure is beautiful. There are times I wish I had a postage stamp sized lawn, that I could just use a weed eater and be done in 1 minute....but with the breakdown of civility in cities, porch pirates, smash and grab..... and cities like Austin that let thieves go, I'm glad I live on some land.

/ Good morning!!!! #181,478  
I've got 5 acres of mostly bush. The house sits on one and the other 4 are very well treed. It is my first and last home buy. It is my intention to croak at home, not in a hospital.

Got the WW juice siphoned out of the bottle and put in a gallon of -40. I will save the stuff I took out and use it in summer after I add some more of the pink stuff.
I found the 4 led spot lights that I couldn't find in October.
The temperature is down to 60 in the basement. The flies are coming upstairs. This is a good thing. It might take all winter to eradicate them, but eradicate them I will, eh?

/ Good morning!!!! #181,479  
Busy day ~ got a clean bill of health from the ophthalmologist (eye surgeon) this AM. Cataracts gone! Implant lenses yielding 20/20 with very little stigmatism remaining.
That's better than I have ever seen! Readers for computer and close work.
Got a six pack of those scattered about in the office, garage, shop 1 and shop 2 with a few spares in the car etc. Got an hour of seat time in this afternoon fixing the field next door. This time of year I like to fix terrain so it's easier to mow next year. I eliminated all the hand work on my place doing this over the yrs. Baked up some chicken breasts and I'm calling it a day.
Hope Ya'll have a good evening.

/ Good morning!!!! #181,480  
It is for a project that will eventually be a bike or trike that is pedaled, but powered hydraulically (no chain direct to wheel). There will be an accumulator, and a way to regenerate the braking force back to pressure.

Popgadget, I cheated and ran it on the cnc, with good old flood coolant.

I would think that there would be a fair amount of inefficiency in that sort of drive. Is it going to be human powered? Will the pump(s) and motor(s) be typical gear design?

I suspected it was CNC, but a nice job nonetheless. Very impressive finish.