Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #181,851  
I had to chuckle looking at Frits' pot roast.
I have an old friend, a real foodie, who sends me pics of his dinners out regularly.

food certainly brings us together

wrapped a bunch of xmas presents, got most of my planned jobs done, now just chilling.
headed out to take a pic of some new lights.

/ Good morning!!!! #181,852  
   / Good morning!!!! #181,854  
Good (Thursday) morning. Overnight Low of 7.7C and it's presently warmed up to 24.1C, clear with a gentle breeze.

Run into town was successful, although I forgot one of my scripts for the chemist.

I noticed a 'drip' from one corner of the house gutter which meant that a leaf-plug had built up. So I got the adjustable-leg stepladder out and, wearing dishwashing gloves, managed to clear that (it's a good thing that I've got little hands). Since I had the ladder out, a few more guttering tasks were completed.

That left me with not enough time to return to stick/branch collection (which isn't a priority anymore), so I decided to head back into town and get that 'missed' script and, seeing as it was 'seniors discount Wednesday', I returned to the grocery store and bought a Christmas 'hamper' worth of food for distribution by my Church to the less-fortunate in the area. My Church provided a list of items so I just had to wander around the shop, like a scavenger hunt.

St Helens doesn't have a 'visible' homeless situation. Those that are are mostly living 'bush'.

Today, I've had a request from the Mad Agisting Horse Woman to move the 5 rounds of hay out of the shed as she's getting a delivery of 90 squares of hay tomorrow. She'll stack those where the rounds were and then I can put the rounds back in, in front of them. Yay, tractor fun, as rain is expected late Friday and into Saturday.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #181,856  
Our hyper heat Mitsubishi is 100 percent heating down to 0 degree F
And 85 percent down to minus 13 F
When I got my Mitsubishis the Hyper Heats had just come out and were considerably more then the regular mini-splits.

/ Good morning!!!! #181,857  
31F and cloudy @ 19:00, which should be the low overnight. The day's high was 37.9F.

Was hungry yesterday after I got up, so asked for some pancakes. Woman fixed 6 + bacon. Very tasty ... but big mistake ... I went comatose and went back to bed for 5 - 6 hours ... :oops:

It was around 19:00 or so when I got up so ended up pulling all all-nighter out in the garage.

Got 10' length of black pipe taken to the basement and 10' conduit brought up, also pvc cleaner and cement.

Also brought up (most of ?) the planting pots that were sitting outside the back door and got those dried out, dirt knocked out of them, and finally finished up stowing them away yesterday.

Cleared off what was left on 3' section of metal shelving in the basement corner where the gas line and electric feed to the garage will pass through the wall so I can work on it.

Got garage heater taken out of its box, set up on table top, and mounting brackets installed last night.

Also removed the flue exhaust transition adapter from the heat exchanger and marked where the appliance ---> flue adapter needed to be drilled so that it could be drilled. Used an automatic center punch to mark the 3 locations and got those drilled. Holes came out dead on nuts so got those 2 pieces screwed together and it's waiting to be reattached to the heat exchanger.

Removed the big stuff off the floor of the chemical cabinet and got that moved away from the back wall.

Ceiling joists located and marked in garage.

Wound up a 100' extension cord that I had used to charge the battery in the van and got it off the floor.

That will give some room to work on the Stihl FS 66 and get the cultivator head swapped out for the string trimmer head. Plan to use it on Friday when it warms up (sunny and 55F) to cut down weeds on west side so that we can get 6 milkweed plants that are still in pots out back planted in the ground.

Was going to start gluing up conduit this morning but discovered 4 of the 5 cans of pvc cleaner/cement were bad so I waited until the corner opened up and ran down there and grabbed a small can of cement.

Hit MickeyD's for a sausage McMuffin and hash browns while I was at it.

Was pretty tired when I got back so ended up hitting the rack around noon and slept for 6 hours.

Woman ran out to El Jalapeños around 17:00 to grab dinner which I think is what woke me up.

Plans for this evening's "night shift":

Finalize location of heater on ceiling and mark out spots on ceiling and get the pilot holes drilled to put up the uni-strut to hang the heater off of.

Mount the uni-strut onto the ceiling.

Maybe get some more work done on gas piping on ceiling.

Get pvc conduit glued up for electrical panel hole drilled to feed the wires through.

Plus whatever else comes up.

Hope everyone is having a decent Wednesday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #181,858  
Good Morning
34° with a high under 40 and a possibility of passing rain or snow showers later this morning.

Yesterday, had a nice breakfast with the professor and my wife, ran some errands, assembled the oil drain cart, and christened it on wife’s RAV4. Forgot to take pictures though. Repaired a leaking water line in a friends basement and did some paperwork.

Today I get to see if I can land a jet, as I’ve got to go to Palm beach. Much smaller than an Airbus, but I can barely see the wing tip if I twist around and look behind me.

I’ll sign off with a puzzle, what is this for? If nobody recognizes it, I’ll add more pieces in a later post.

View attachment 835745
Nose cone for a turbine blade or Conical shaped Colander cone for food processor?
Gourmet Food Processor

Is it heated when it's doing its job?

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #181,859  
Good Evening RS,
That was good my friend !:)
Was hungry yesterday after I got up, so asked for some pancakes. Woman fixed 6 + bacon. Very tasty ... but big mistake ... I went comatose and went back to bed for 5 - 6 hours ... :oops:

/ Good morning!!!! #181,860  
Here’s another piece of the puzzle
IMG_2317.jpg