Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #182,721  
thought this was cute, from an 1879 newspaper:

Cure for that disorder of the mouth commonly called scandal.
Take of "good nature"
one ounce; of a herb called by the Indians "mind your own business."
mix this with a little "charity for others.",
add two or three sprigs of "keep your teeth."
simmer them together in a vessel called "circumspection" for a short time, and it will be fit for use.
Application:
The symptoms are a violent itching in the tongue, which invariably takes place when you are in company with a species of animals called Gossips.
When you feel a fit of it coming on, take a teaspoon of the mixture:
Hold it in your mouth, which you will keep closed. Shut it until you get home, and you will be completely cured.
Keep a small bottle with you at all times, and on the slightest symptom, repeat the dose.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,722  
Good evening all. 56ºF for the start, overcast, light breeze. Light wind, moderate gusts, rain began about 11:30, and high temp was 58ºF. Putter to start, Cleaning ladies showed up on time. After they finished, worked on tracking lawyer, no success. Went for bike ride, rain began to get heavier so turned around, still got one lap worth of mileage in. Got nap in after lunch and work on spaghetti sauce for dinner.
Helo bet the weather took care of it by the time you read this. I i will only use maybe 10% of the stuff I save, But nobody can tell me which 10%. Hope basketball party good.
NHBX glad storm mess cleaned up, Good to hear town trip almost done until after the holidays.
Dennis sorry feeling better a distant memory. Hope you can get some rest and sleep.
Ron glad yesterday went well. hope grocery shopping went well, Nd cleanup successful. Nice pic. Trying to track lawyer down, hard time of year to get help with that, Financial planner have nothing.
Dennis I use 2 1/8 cup dips(near level) per 25 ounce pot.
Drew glad nice weather for a while. Hope lunch went well.
Billy nice to hear days are getting longer :)
Thomas sorry fall is over. Hope QC on cupcakes was good.
Dennis glad to hear coffee was salvageable.
Billy glad better pallet of wood. Not much sassafras around here.
Dennis glad appetite coming back. Hop BIL doing better, more prayers sent.
Frits sorry you have to wait for repair. Very sorry to here greatgrandkids have Covid. prayers sent.
Buppies hoping you are getting enough rest and sleep. prayers sent.
Don you got rain earlier than I did. Hope Pt went well, still using BOI? Not big on getting gidt cards from stores.
Kilroy glad trip to perio went well, never tried DaTrex lifeboat ration packs. Crazy prices on meat. Have catfish in freezer from lake. They are cheaper anyway. Glad Harry got a dog biscuit cake. Nice pic Hope dogs like the woodlot visit.
Bill glad sleep schedule back to normal. Interesting math.
Don sounds like USPS lost the check.
Drew hope you can get just 1 battery for your Christmas tie.
Scott(vt) glad tire held air overnight. Hope the ribs go ok.
Paul hope you can get estate finished. Getting a taste of what to come. Hope you can finish baked goods delivery tomorrow, hope you have fun with GS and family tonight.
Ken nice you can see sun :) Hope old friend makes it ok. Hope you can sleep through band practice. Nice herd
Scotty have fun working on Skid Steer.
Ted nice to get a white Christmas. Hope you get the plaque done in time. Bet it's fun to be clean up guy in the kitchen during seasonal cooking :) Like the story about the leaking tire.
David good to hear inside cleanup ongoing. Nice you found your key fob. Nice to hear last chair received and assembled.
Dennis can't believe no nap yet!
Drew glad you got your battery. Who knows you may last another 10 years yet.
Fuddy not sure what a 21 sq bale hay bundle is. Nice tractor
Randy(wag) glad you are ready for horses. Hope new pole goes up ok.
Buppies hope you are enjoying working on trail
Don good BOI story. Sorry about the struggle to find the corn husks. When fudge too good, does that mean you can't stop eating it?
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Mark /sister liver transplant and recovery, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.
"Fuddy not sure what a 21 sq bale hay bundle is."
The hay farmer has two very large machines after cutting and in rows they bale, machine stacks bales in bundles of 21. Bales are about 18"×18"×48" so bales 3 high x 7 deep or 21 bale bundles. It's perfect because they load onto a pickup bed. Machine steel bands bundle together so at home in stable I just drive in, cut bands carefully because they're under lots of pressure.
Here's one.
A customer there was picking up 500 bundles! That's a lot of hay.
$273/bundle...quality horse hay.
20231222_133828.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #182,723  
Good Morning, currently 41° here

Going to take a couple weeks off for the holidays.. Everyone take care and have a safe holiday..
Merry Christmas to all...

Mark
And May you have a Happy Healthy Safe Dull Boring Uneventful Mew Year!

/ Good morning!!!! #182,724  
Good (Saturday) "Tibb's Eve" morning. Overnight Low of 11.1C and it's presently 17.4C, overcast and fairly calm. There was 0.2mm in the gauge @ 0900.

Penelope the pussybeast decided that it was another occasion to sleep in the shed. At least I wasn't prepared to wait up for her. She was up on the square bales when I went out to check the gauge.

Not much planned for today.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,725  
63 degrees sounds pretty nice for a cat sleeping on a hay bale.

all my new stereo gear came in, amp was way too cold to fire up plus my wire strippers are in garage.
After breakfast tomorrow I will build the stand and then hook things up. Sprout amp came with banana plugs, different style
then ones I unnecessarily bought for this. Basically a hole in center and squish other half down on wire.
I've seen them with the wire coming up through the middle and spread
over the top with a short hair cut. Likely would be better if it was soldered no matter what.
But I'll use the simpler ones that come with the amp.

I've never used pro audio equipment so no experience with banana plugs.

Attachments

• IMG_2722[1].JPG
    IMG_2722[1].JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
   / Good morning!!!! #182,726  
A 5 pounder gets its own song…..

A buddy of mine fishes/fished with Robert Earl Keen's fiddler.
Here's a trimmed pic. I made sure to include the smile. Dog sure was happy too. :)

Screenshot 2023-12-22 172143.jpg

Going to be headed up to big box store myself in a bit placed an order for curbside pickup last night. Actually went in the store Saturday at noon to pickup a few things, didn't get them got back up to the registers not a single one open except for self checkout, went down to the "pro" desk one checkout slower then molasses in January went back over to the regular checkout still no cashiers a "manager" standing around so I walked up and told him they could go put the stuff in that cart back and I might consider coming back in the store when they get some damned cashiers. So no impulse shopping there for me order on line and do a curb side pickup.
totally agree, my friend asks for the employee discount if he has to check himself out. They spend more on having to watch for theft than they do just having cashiers. Also, maybe if they'd start jailing the thieves who steal all the Milwaukee/Dewalt stuff, they could afford more cashiers...

About where in Arkansas they from? Always curious since I used to go there a lot when the boys were in school there. BTW, School that my son's attended just won the Div2 Football Championship last saturday.

Dentist did cancel my appointment, rescheduled for a month from now.
There is a college school in Mizzou, where if you get accepted, it comes with employment in their agricultural system, and you graduate debt free.
(Thanks to Mostly for correcting me, he also knew the name as college of the Ozarks)

Evening all!
Lathe looks good Scott!
Spent most of the day cleaning up around the yard from all the storm damage. Lots and lots of branches and pine cones!

Worked in the shop yesterday on a piece 6x6x4. Got to almost done and made the inside bigger than the outside! Ooops! After the big boom and watching the pieces fly I calmed my nerves and salvaged what I could. LOL. About 3 inches around and barely 1 inch deep.

Oh well! Guess that's how we learn. Will be back down in the shop tomorrow with a new piece to see if it goes right or I do it again.
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!
Lathe "explosions" can be very harmful. Glad you're OK.

Could be worse, my brother in law is in hospital with C19/flu/RSV. My sister said he test + for all 3.
BEF, Hope you get better.
I just did some research, and found out the rsv vaccine is another rna type vaccine. No thanks. I'm already suffering from alligator shots.
What type of vaccine is the RSV vaccine?

There are two RSV vaccines approved for adults ages 60 years and older – RSVPreF3 (Arexvy, GSK) and RSVpreF (Abrysvo, Pfizer). Both vaccines are recombinant protein vaccines that cause the immune system to produce RSV antibodies.Aug 30, 2023
My feet and legs get so weary, they just almost stop working. They start kicking the pain meter up. I try to rest when it gets to 5 to keep it from getting higher. I think it is caused by micro clotting.

always send gift cards to my nephew kids with their christmas card. Gift cards were stolen somewhere along the line, Nephew said envelope was cut open.
Gift card thieves. Stealing kids Christmas. It happened to us last year. Sister sent $200 on a card. We were unable to track it to whomever did it.

Where's Mayberry RFD or Adam 12 when you need them?

Good morning !
Time to wake up ! 😁

Have got like inch of snow. It's ~ 0...+1ºC Cant figure out what to do with that snow. Should I clean driveway or let weather take care of that

Today should move last junk from old office to new one. A lot of mental fight with colleagues and myself about items (tools, spare parts) 10 years not used

Later today should drive boys to their basketball club party
Just dropped off son to meet a couple of friends at community basketball court. Has lighting and a roof. Temp is only 67F here and humid.

Was in USPS hands the whole way.
Argh. We had problems here. It could have been the last guy holding the mail before he put it in our box. He is driving a nice red Jeep, and only makes about $20/hour.

Happy Birthday Harry
View attachment 839473
Jasmine
What a cutie Jasmine is. And happy birthday to Harry.

Popgadget stopped over and dropped off some yummy baked goods
and had the battery in his collection.
put it all back together and it sang its song with gusto. Ready for another ten years.
Wish I was.

had nice lunch with old friend in Lahaska and now back to just chill.
Should be nice weather for Giggleberry Fair tonight.
Glad Popgadget kept you off the 2023 Christmas klepto list. LOL.

My loving wife is still sick, but after making her 2 pour overs yesterday morning, she gave me the green light to hit the mountains. Could sure tell it was winter...saw no other hikers on the trail, although it is a rather hidden trail...snow all gone, but lots of frost heave, temps in 30s. Also, very little auto traffic.
My wife and I are on the mend. Getting our energy back, but still limited.
Prayers your wifey gets better fast.
Thanks for sharing pics! (to all you guys too!)
Good morning
31 going to 41

Mechanicsburg PA this morning
Easy drive on 81 Just follow the trucks

Nice cars in the show room. Our next neighbor where we wait is a Maybach SUV
200,000 dollars insane
I'm often seeing some really, really cool gov't stuff getting auctioned at a Mechanicsburg location. I only wish it weren't so far away. I could stop and visit most of my online buddies in one trip!

Whew, I was a week behind almost, maybe 200 posts. I have to admit, I skimmed some of them. It has taken most of the day to catch up.

I made my former student worker a memento. I erased his name best I could. This took many hours of programming, having to figure out stuff on the new version of software. The pic doesn't do it justice. I have a short video, but I don't want to release his name.
Screenshot 2023-12-22 174448.jpg

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #182,727  
Oldest is driving to girlfriends parents near Indy, then he comes here Sunday.
I got a few hours sleep in the lazyboy this morning, but up since.
Will have to see if I feel well enough for breakfast tomorrow, and our gift exchange. I feel better in the evening, but bad again in the morning.
Need to wrap some gifts.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,729  
Got presents wrapped. We don’t do a lot of presents anymore. Wife and I don’t exchange gifts. Just gotta fill her stocking with Hershey kisses.
Right now planning to try to make breakfast, feel pretty good right now.
2 more shopping days left.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,730  
Good evening all. 55ºF for the start, overcast and fog, light breeze. Light wind fog lifted early afternoon, and high temp was 64ºF. Putter in morning then worked on health insurance. after lunch took nap then went for bike ride. Stepdaughter came over then went to dinner with chapel pastor and wife had good conversation. Packed for Saint Louis trip.
Helo glad you still had the cable. Glad you have white Christmas in forecast. Nice kids had good party and you have the presents covered. Hope deliveries are done.
Dennis sorry about the lack of sleeping, Coffee doesn't last that long on me.
Phil glas you found some woodworkers at party, sorry the food had you up early AM. Nice about wife retrieving the wood. Hope you found something interesting to do.
Ron Glad shopping was good. Sorry about sinus headache. Hope you were able to hit it hard today. Somebody has been chewing on the birdhouse. Nice pic.
Scott(vt) hope pizza and beer with friends was good.
Thomas good only 1.2 day hope cupcakes were hit yesterday, Did you sample more? Hope date night was nice.
Buppies It was spaghetti sauce from scratch. Hope you are getting enough rest. prayers sent
Bill hope you had a good energy conservation day.
Drew hope visit with old friend was good. Hope trip to airport was safe and on time.
Billy that is a big oak. Yes sauce was from scratch. Wife made some changes years ago, good stuff. Stepdaughter got a kick out of it, gave her some. She had a pic with a sign that reads "ready for Mom's spaghetti sauce" on the electronic picture frame. Sorry wife still sick, prayers sent. Glad you got a hike in.
Frits hope wait not too long. Glad nice waiting room. Nice pic but no wings!.
Kilroy glad dogs got to woodlot, nice Harry got the message when he got put back in crate. Nice sweater. Ham hock look good.
Paul glad you got to user little plane as part of delivery system.Glad you made it to gathering, sorry to hear it is shrinking. Neat pics
Scotty good to hear you are getting rain.
Ken glad you did get some sleep. Hope you got to meet with friend. Nice before and after pics. What to do with wires hardest part of job.
Dennis glad you got some sleep in lazyboy. Didn't know about on-line name draw sites. Hope you got your rolls.
Mark Merry Christmas and Happy new Year!!
Ted hope you get a white Christmas if you want it. Fun mind pic with little parachutes coming out of plane :) Glad last plaque done. Enjoy the wood working. BIL was dealt a rough hand, prayers sent.
David hope Friday Follies were good ;)
Drew glad good vii with friend.
Phil neat pic, very unusual.
Paul were you dropping flour sack at farm ponds? Don't ask me how I know.
Frits thank for pic and info.
Kilroy thanks for link.
Dennis thanks for sharing the old article.
Fuddy thanks for the info and pic.
Randy(wag) glad Penelope didn't keep you up last night.
Drew glad stereo gear came in. Hope it goes together and works great.
Kyle great fish pic. There is a college in Missouri called School of the Ozarks, nickname is hard work U. Nice memento, is it laser etched?
Dennis I am the opposite, feel good in morning and feel worse through the day.
Dennis hope you got breakfast made.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Mark /sister liver transplant and recovery, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.