Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,651  
30F couple more degrees will be high.

Outside chores done E muffin time. :)
Plans for today...8 hours part store afterwards :unsure:

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,652  
30 outside right about now, heading to lower 50's.

Nice and soggy here.

Ran around yesterday doing estate stuff...

Not much going on around the farm, standard chores for the animals, zero work on the Milk House. The latter being a project that's 90 percent complete but life events getting in the way.

Laptop is almost there as far as use goes, sooooooo much crap on it.

Hope all have a great day. Be safe,

/ Good morning!!!! #183,653  
I just don’t see myself doing a manual rain gauge. How many people actually measure and empty every day exactly same time? I know I couldn’t/wouldn’t.
Um... I do. 0900, or close enough, every time it rains. My gauge is on a corner post of Paddock #5, away from trees and the shed.

I keep an annual chart in the shed. The BOM is at the aerodrome, about 7 km away towards the coast and I typically receive more rain than it records.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,654  
23F as of 3:45am. Forecast is a beautiful clear day here at our ranch in Formerly-Great CA.

Discovered a new and large burrow very close to the house. Been seeing a male/female fox pair often, and I fear they might be setting up shop under my house. Need to go down and check that, but not looking forward to it.

Good morning all!!

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #183,655  
Good Morning!

God has given uIs another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly)…

21.9F going to low 40w, sunny day today.

This year we are taking our work weekends on Thursday and Friday, and working on the actual weekends, because then we can get things done while other places are actually open, and there are fewer people (and less drama) at work on Saturday and Sunday. We will se how that works out. LSS I am up too early on my day off right now… but woodstove needed feeding because HVAC kicked on and was ping-ponging between the upper and lower units, and so I am up. But I get to catch up on GM, so it isn’t all bad.

For our aviation-minded types: this showed up on my YT suggestions, kinda unsettling. . .

Of all the fields that should not explore lowering standards, I think Aviation should be in at least the Top Five…

Today will be a dump run, stopping at chiro to schedule next several appointments now that we have set the work schedule, and lunch out, maybe a bit of shopping. Then hopefully a trip with dogs to mount an and harvest next batch of tree sap for syrup — third batch is reducing on woodstove and should be bottled either tonight or tomorrow.

Pot roast also went on woodstove last night — house smells delightful right now!

IMG_7295.jpeg

I hope everyone has a happy healthy safe blessed day!!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,656  
good morning all

wish I had a fork long enough to stab a piece of that pot roast Kilroy, looks yummy.

not good news at dentist yesterday afternoon. Last year at this time dentist installed a bridge
that was super expensive and miserable to get installed. Now apparently there is decay under the bridge and
maybe a trip to endodontist tomorrow will patch it up; if not whole thing comes out. What a waste of money.
I'm spending close to 5k out of pocket per year in uninsured dental bills. And each year I say I should buy some insurance....
at least a good dose of penicillin last night knocked out the infection. That old drug works well for me.

should be a nice day today, sunny, high of 47

/ Good morning!!!! #183,657  
27 this morning high of 49 more rain tomorrow next week still very cold

Drew hope the tooth problem gets taken care of painlessly

Im sure you will find something m7040, have good day at work Thomas

Prayers for all our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #183,659  
Morning all, 39 going up to 46.
Got another panel up and running low on furring strips.
Time to start on the more complex cuts and finish the one side and corner.
Then I can take some time to rearrange everything to get to the front and other side.

Hard to make more progress with only an hour or so available on most days.

Another Ash fell in the backyard, right along the line of where I cleaned up the other two dead Ash already. More cleanup if the ground ever freezes or dries out.

Drew - Maybe time for baking soda/peroxide toothpaste.
I was told when around thirty my teeth would probably fall out from bad gums (never had a cavity yet). The BS/Peroxide toothpaste recommended by my older dentist has kept my gums from getting too bad for over 30 years now.
Hope they can fix the current problem without too much more bother.

Be well,