Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,931  
23F clearly sky.

Today been slow motion day...Kubota with back blade did (y) on frozen snow and ice clean up,took extra time pushing frozen snow banks back long the driveway etc.,got 6 wheelbarrow loads in the basement Mrs. said no more...she has good point.
Little after 4pm 2 snow squails left 3" snow guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

Plans for the evening...share bowl ice cream feet up watch football...Kinda shocker Cowboys :unsure:

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,933  
Good (Monday) morning. Overnight Low of 13.5C and it's presently 21.5C, partly cloudy with an occasional breeze. The aerodrome reported 0.8mm but there was nothing in my gauge.

Well, my Mate from Brisbane is currently packing up his car and will be heading off this arvo @ 1500. We'll do a tip-run before he goes, especially as a possum found my bin very interesting last night.🤢

This week will be slowly preparing for the annual 'soiree' on Sunday. I'm expecting 50+. I'll need to do a good mowing tomorrow as the weather is supposed to get rainy Wed.-Thur.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,934  
Successful day in the shop. Well, at least partially. I didn't get as far as I wanted, but all the pieces for the shelf brackets are final sanded and ready for stain. That was my goal -- to get them stained.

The propane heater had turned itself off, but it stayed warm until I finished the sanding. Hands / arms were tired, so decided stain could happen tomorrow.....

Have a great evening!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,935  
Dallas Cowboys looked so bad, I switched over to METv and watched an old "Love Boat" episode....then, they were playing Valley of the Dolls on the Movie channel. (some lookers in that movie)

Congrats Helo to the team! They should have some padding on wall behind the goal, to protect kids after fast layups. My son is playing on 8th grade team, 13 years old. He's 5' 8" or 172 cm. There are many kids much taller than him and many much shorter. He needs experience, he did not play last year. Coach begged him to play. He's still very shy and not "assertive". Would rarely take shots, instead passing to team mates. This weekend he took a few shots and made 1. And made 3 out of 4 free throws. So the shyness is wearing off a bit. They lost the first game, but won the 2nd game. Next will be track season. His specialty is 400m sprint.

Good morning all. 24F at 6am in Beautiful Northern Nevada.

Currently a Winter Storm Warning in the Sierra Mountains. Due to schedule I must travel over Donner Summit today (elevation 7,227.) Try to avoid mountain+weather driving but need to get to CA today.

Biggest risk is someone young and stupid driving too fast for conditions. Now that I am old and stupid I can say that.

btw I love the many bird pictures.
welcome to the GM thread!. Beautiful up around Tahoe.

No. The house is a constant expense and the delay was uncalled for. Propane/electric/water/insurance will not be reimbursed. I just hope they're is no damage from the hard freeze coming next week.
Don, I see they are laying another big pipeline alongside the last one. If you drag out the sale, would you get the money?

My friend works in the natural gas industry. They told him to go out tomorrow and keep engines running and start them if they are down. ERCOT gets something like 67% IIRC of it's electricity from NG.

I was able to watch the "fomula E" race.....
interesting.... they looked like formula one, but the sound.... a high pitched whine for sure!

Only a 35 lap race, maybe 45 minutes. towards the end, they were showing the cars "energy level".... the winner crossed the finish line with "0.5%". Don't know how much that actually is, but they were all around that to 1%.

The cars also had braking regeneration (charging), if they didn't have that, I wonder if they would have run out of juice? I guess they don't have to worry about any long distances.

Definitely strange (as compared to normal formula 1 racing). Even the wifey mentioned how weird the sound was. They are 400KW motors, all wheel drive.
I would think that a formula E race would be missing the sounds of the engines and the smell of the burned high octane fuel. Don't know about y'all, but I kind of like the smell of AVGAS 100LL when burned in a good engine.

We saw that too. We had a close call with a storm coming up suddenly like you likely only see in Texas and blowing the tent with kids inside out in the surf
Oh my! I know you said y'all went to Galveston beach a bunch. They have issued alerts for rattlesnakes on the beach last month or so, and now there are some "new", "red coyote/wolves" that they are saying are rare, so they will have some BS environmental protection....to where you can't shoot them when they are eating your pets. They look like coyotes to me. SSS.

22F feels like 9F here. Too cold for me. Keeping the fire wood going in the fireplace.

Supercross yesterday was in San Francisco with all the rain, it was a mud fest. Tough going for all the riders. After 3 turns, they were so muddy, you could only read their number on their back.

MIL had a birthday and we celebrated today. My daughter made the best (from scratch) Italian Cream cake. Pecans and coconut with cream cheese icing. Yum yum.

I finally bought some Leinenkugel's beer last week.....and I still haven't drank one. I need a friend to stop by and visit so I have a reason...

/ Good morning!!!! #183,936  
Sounds delicious Kyle

Very proud papa Helo

Thomas Dallas played like a bunch of babies no emotion very uninspiring

Wind howled all day temperatures falling now 29 going down

/ Good morning!!!! #183,940  
Don, I see they are laying another big pipeline alongside the last one. If you drag out the sale, would you get the money?
My Mom was paid for the right of way in 2022 for the pipeline currently under construction on the property. This is the pipeline next to the last one. They start buying the right of way 3 years before construction. We started getting letters in 2021. No notice so far of another pipeline and I sure hope the closing is not extended past January.

Read in the Giddings News that the adjacent landowners are not too happy about the the proposed 500 acre solar farm going in next door to them. It will be interesting to see if they if they can stop it.