Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,101  
good afternoon,

Lots of snow for our area. Spent some time plowing and scraping. Colder weather on the way so started up the basement oil furnace on low to help out.

I sure learned how stressful a chart can be to some and to not cause any more discomfort have deleted two months of posts. Hope that will help get this issue behind us.
The intent was not to create a discussion of for or against but to help Helo make his point that his small country is punching above its weight class. But learned that is a no no. Appreciated Kyle also posting a chart showing total contributions to make it more clear. Is that chart OK to post or are there unwritten rules of what can be posted.

So no charts can be expected from here in the future and only text and pictures will be posted. Appreciate that there are other places where folks can post about subjects that may be contentious

/ Good morning!!!! #184,102  
Very good points about the national language being primary but benefits of speaking other languages Sodamo.

One regret I have is that back in the early 1990's when they were really finalizing 'bi-lingual' education in Texas I tried with limited resources and time available to convince the powers that were at the time to expand that to include languages other than spanish and to include English speaking children in language classes other than English depending on parents wishes. The goal was to get as many young children as possible to become fluent in English and at least one other language in elementary school and continue through graduation, statewide. I never spoke to anyone who would say it wasn't a good idea or that we shouldn't do it but it never got traction and I know we missed a great opportunity to educate Texas school children in a way that would benefit them and our entire state basically forever.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,103  
I am always accepting new patients but I tell everyone up front, I carry no malpractice ins nor do I have any attachable assets but my advice is worth what it costs you. :)

Glad you have beat the game and cheated death for another day!
TBS,
;) ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #184,104  
Got 2 vehicles cleared of snow. Not gonna push the drive, will just drive on the snow. Did use push broom to get down to gravel around the vehicles. Used push broom to clean off the cars.

TBN has organized places to create threads, and contentious ones belong in the Front Porch forum, under Community Forums. It was created to remove that stuff from other areas.

The GM thread is under Rural Living, to discuss living in the country, and is a thread about sharing your day.

IMG_3097.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #184,105  
Any feedback from anyone here using a program/app would be appreciated, both the good and not so good.
For a long time I was a dedicated Quicken user. But right from the beginning, Intuit treated Mac users like red headed step children, and a few years after I retired, I gave up on it. I did take a brief look at potential Quicken replacements, but too many of them were based online, and it didn't feel safe to trust anything but a bank or brokerage with that kind of security. And what few were Mac friendly didn't have the flexibility I was used to.

These days I take more of Sophie's approach. I look at the account balances at the brokerage and bank websites, then every so often scan for irregularities. I scan credit card statements for irregularities, too. Pension and Social Security pretty much cover my living expenses, so as long as the balances are increasing, I feel OK. These days about the only trading I do is to refresh the bond ladders; no more chasing individual stocks for me, just one stock ETF. Yearly I rebalance to keep the diversification targets in line. If the portfolio has a good year, I'll make a major purchase like a car or a big improvement on the house. Leaner times I'll just coast along being happy with what I've already got.

That's probably not much help if you insist on a detailed breakdown. That was exactly what I needed back in my younger days to meet savings goals and avoid living beyond my means. I hope those days are long gone.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,106  
David, my wife and I never had a budget or financial advisor over our 57 years of marriage. How we made it to retirement without any bills and some savings is beyond me. Your statement about never writing a check useless there is money in the account to cover it may have helped. My wife took care of all the household money until I retired. When that happen she handed the check books over to me. Life is good. Wish she was still here to enjoy it with me.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,107  
BN has organized places to create threads, and contentious ones belong in the Front Porch forum, under Community Forums. It was created to remove that stuff from other areas.

The GM thread is under Rural Living, to discuss living in the country, and is a thread about sharing your day.
Thank you for clarifying that

/ Good morning!!!! #184,108  
Good friend asked me for a picture I took of him with a fish he caught when wife I took him out fishing on Lake Ontario East of Toronto.
Found it and one of my wife with a fish. When I look back it reminds me how wife and I enjoyed each others hobbies. Fishing was hers. Boating was mine.
2021-02-15-16-50-0042.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #184,109  
Good (Wednesday) morning. Overnight Low of 20.3C and it's presently 23.6C, overcast & calm. Rain predicted but not here yet.

Trim & mowing accomplished yesterday.

Today is 'into town' day for mail/groceries... but first I'll attend the memorial service for the neighbour's son who passed away.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,110  
18F still snowing our local weather station reduce 2-4 inches from 3-5 inches,couple more hours snow ending looks like we will hit 8" mark. 🙄

Did quick snowplowing driveway etc. just in case we needed to be somewhere quickly,by the looks tomorrow will mostly decade to snow removal...least not mix with rain for change.

Plans for this evening feet vanilla ice cream with homemade blueberry pie.

Enjoy your evening all.