Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,201  
David, I don't think you missed anything parenting.... Out of our 3, one is very financially stable. He is the one with the LEAST amount of guidance.

The middle one ended up almost broke, (we think mainly because of his ex), but has turned his finances a full 180°, now having more money and less debt than we do! All done over 2 years (Since his divorce).

Still trying to get #3 on a budget.... multiple times. Lasts a few months, then back to old habits. Don't know what else to do. They dug out once before about 10 years ago... then fell right back into the hole..... I am guessing they will need a rude awakening some day......

/ Good morning!!!! #184,202  
Good (Thursday) morning. Overnight Low of 12.3C and it's presently 21.4C, partly cloudy with a breeze/gusts. There was a paltry 0.2mm in the gauge @ 0900.

Yesterday's funeral was very well attended. The town run was successful.

Received a call from the Shire Council regarding my hiring their portaloo for the soiree on Sunday... unfortunately, they're going to need it so I guess that my guests will have to use my house's toilet. This was always a consideration and they've apologised. Oh, well.

It should be a 'slow' arvo getting 'ducks in a row' for the soiree.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,203  
Closest thing was a store or gas card. I remember going to Sears back in 92 to payoff balance early and the girl gave me a hard time, tried to talk me into just making the payments.
A Sears Card was the first cc we ever had. Back in the late 1970's. I think we still have it but it has another name, still the same number, I think.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,204  
Good Evening Guys ,
Drew, good one with Officer Bob ! 😂

Ted, nice work on the shelves ! Many years ago I made up valances for all the windows in the front of the house out of pine ! At the time they were all stained the same as all the wood trim in the house ! A couple of years back we painted all the trim in the house white along with all the rooms being repainted also !

Here are a couple pics of how they look now !

Attachments

• IMG_3749.jpeg
    IMG_3749.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3750.jpeg
    IMG_3750.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
   / Good morning!!!! #184,206  
Winter made it's self known recently in KY but next week we're to get some southern air flow with 60F highs 60 with rain. That will be much better than the +3F we've seen recently.

We added a horse run-in about 500 feet below the house and our garden hose watering system froze but our EZgo EV came in handy.

I had recently washed out a 30 gallon spray tank that I used about 20 years ago and it came in handy because I put it on the EZGo golf cart and I take take down 30 gallons at a time which was enough to fill up their water tank for a couple days and is working out well.

We have both cold and hot water taps at the house so we just took a hose and hooked to the hot water and fill the tank and made the run. We've done that a couple times now and it is quite simple.

Last fall I had a blowout of the sixth battery in the 36 volt system while I was riding on the seat above it which was a big bang. All six were getting old and gassing bad so I decided to do a $1,500 upgrade and went to AGM. The year before we had upgraded the rear tires to tractor tread and that made it a lot better when the ground is slick or snow is on eo we was prepared with a golf cart that is a better workhorse than we've ever had.

The mini horses started out as a activity for the daughter when she was in her early teens and they actually served a very good function but she gave them to her mom when she left so that was bad for me. :(

We now have nine mini horses and a full size horse that is a mix between Arabian and quarter horse . She had been over at our niece's house for some training to ride and she came back home when we got to new space set up below the house. One year ago she gave birth to a foal out of jackass that we did not know about or anticipate. So our addition number 11 turned out to be a surprise but she is nice and should make a good mule to ride someday.

The Tesla just hit 22K miles on it 1st birthday. She does a great job in the cold, snow and ice so she has replaced the Subaru in weather like we're now having. The heated seats and steering wheel and heat pump is great for cold weather for comfort. Plus it also has a battery heater so we warm the battery up before we take off while we are still plugged in. That offsets one of the problems with our Leaf that has range loss due to cold temperatures. The Leaf is what the wife drives to work when I'm out of pocket and cannot take her but normally I do that.

Sure looking forward to the more spring-like temperatures next week.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #184,207  
However, I’m planning on putting a fireplace in my new “in law suite” that will become my new home. I like tending the fire and the radiated heat, even though I realize I’m sending conditioned air up the chimney.
A pretty glass front wood burning stove that has an outside vent to draw fresh air from the outside will keep the system closed and not pull in cold outside air into the room being heated. I had one and it was the best.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,209  
Good evening all. Wind got over 20nph plus gusts, did not stay outside long enough to gauge gusts. High temp was 41ºF windchill 32ºF, clear sky. Did not get much done on estate paperwork, Fidelity tried to send some to me, have not been able to retrieve it. Will spend more on that tomorrow. Did get more tests on order that I will hopefully pass(Covid). Several people have left food for me, including 3 different soups. I did not get tire on Trek swapped out for stationary work. I did get a nap in and dinner, steak potato and corn and salad. I will cook the chalupas cooked tomorrow.
Monday afternoon 12:55 PM CST
Kyle good questions, wonder if any of these Farms have been in operation to get data on long term effects. I agree on tax breaks
Don thanks for follow up
Dennis sorry to see tree blown over. Thanks for pics.
Drew thanks for info
Dennis did not realize that was your tree. Looks like batteries last a long time Hope you got warm after all that work. nice pics.
Thomas sorry to hear more snow for you.
on you have to wonder what the upside is. I would expect that the plus would be laid out to help push project along.
Thomas not how bad Petticoat Junction is. Memory a little foggy after all the years.
Drew have fun with snow control. Want pics of blower in action :)
Dennis having a grapple must be nice.
Mike that's the problem, if there are no benefits to county then why give tax incentives? If these projects place burden on local populace then investors should be sued big time.
Thomas sorry no nap, did get one in today :) Did the Bills game not get televised?
Kilroy hope you can come up with solution all are happy with.
Scotty nice to hear you are on a roll. Hope fireplace soot contained during cleaning. Sometimes draft issues are from not enough air coming into house to replace the ait going up the chimney
Newbury sorry to hear about wife's AMD prayers sent.
Ted congrats on brackets assembled. Thanks for the in-process pics :)
Randy(wag) glad good sleep hope mowing and other prep for party went well.
Don sublimation is water going from solid(ice) to vapor without melting. Sorry about the wind chill coming home.
Don thanks for your thoughts, you make some good points. The end goal should to point out what information is less than accurate or lacking in facts.
Kyle good points, hope you got to work on your projects while off.
PJ sorry pond froze over, hope it can thaw soon. Interesting story.
Bill sorry about the bear encounter, hope not much damage to the truck. Just think of the snow control as job security :)
Two_bit too much truth there.
Tuesday morning 2:35 AM CST
NHBX enjoy your snow.
Thomas glad all snow this time. Hope you have the energy for snow control after 8 hours at parts store.
Billy glad you got a hike in. Hope required snow control manageable.
Drew nice post sorry no snowblower pics. I understand your feelings about no English, then not learning any. Harder to proper serve the customer without communication.
Ron First welcome back to posting. I hope we as a thread can continue the talking to each other in spit of religious, and political difference.
Thomas pipes in slab so cannot check for swelling. I forgot to to drip them, no freezing since.
Bill hope seat time was good. My youngest sister was married to a Denver native for a while, He could not understand why winter driving was such a challenge for Saint Louis. He found out. :)
Buppies glad you do feel better don't overdo before properly recovered.
Drew nice story. Wish you had pic of sideways limo :)
Mike sorry about lack of fire maintenance. Only me here, I have to check it before bed. Glad family made it home safely, and visit was good. Hope stove fired up ok.
Scott hope you enjoy the seat time plowing. Sorry about looming work day.
Lou never big on chains, never got enough practice to get good at putting them on. No snow tires here, they would dry rot before getting used up. Sorry coal fire over shot temp so bad.
Drew glad snow control so easily, hope drone pics good.
Plowhog neat pic hope trip back to CA went ok.
Ken(tin) sorry about wind blown dust and pollen count.
Buppies hope you are ready for cold.
RNG sorry the office furniture is in trailer. Hope you got loaded and on the road before the fog. Good luck setting up the office in new house.
Don hope home PT and ASL went well. You impress me working on Spanish and ASL.
Drew sorry about the sleet. Nice drone pics
Ron that is cold! Glad you had plenty of inside stuff. Neat pic, was he lost? No feeder or wood to peck.
Dennis at least it is warmer than single digits. nice pics :)
Ken hope snow under control. Would be fun to watch dog try to bury herself in snow. Glad more progress on garage.
Paul glad to hear your all better. neat pic Hope breakfast was good. Zoe like the snow? Sorry check ride canceled, hope you get it done on time.
Buppies if you were not up for then don't do it. You can call someone to clear it if need be.
Ron you really understand what moderator are supposed to do.
Bill you sound like you are taking good care of tractor.
Paul good point about facts. I wonder how many do feel entitled to their own facts.
Ted glad you are warming sorry about the wind. Sorry about the miscount. Hope you got layout done and brackets installed.
David glad to hear plenty diesel for mowing, and HH was good.Hope yesterday's mowing went well.
David my wife promised she would live to 100. She did not :( No experience with budgeting software, wish I could help.
David likes your summation
Scott(vt) hope snow control activities were fun.
Ron never had mud and snow tires, for years had 2wd and all season radials. except for some bad sleet storms over the years never had much problem. BTW had trouble walking it was so slick.
Drew glad eye exam went well and you got to and from home ok.
Two_bit like you up front warning.
More catch up tomorrow.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Mark /sister liver transplant and recovery, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,210  
Coffee is brewing. 17° with snow this morning. Heading to 25° with continued snow. So I went out in the cold for gas and diesel. It was -1° with wind. I thought I prepared for it. 2 pair of thermal socks, snow boots. 4 layers of pants, 4 layers of shirts, thermo vest, parka, 2 layer knit cap and thermal mittens. I sure was warm getting to the gas station. But had to take gloves off to run pump. I got cold. Made it back home and put fuel cans away in barn. Made it back in house. Got undressed in to house clothes. Took a nap. That was a lot of work just to go out in the cold. No plans to go out in the cold today.
Blue Jay staying warm.
fvFh4od.jpg

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.