Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,411  
LS, this was the picture... I see it ok.

It's getting to where he probably shouldn't be on the tractor though.. Big party for him coming up in 2 months.
IMG_3140crop.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #184,414  
Sister said dad went out to push snow with his tractor, fell down and could hardly get himself back up. He has no reason to even push snow since he doesn’t drive. He did call her an
I hope he is going to be ok and not any after effects.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,415  
Good evening all. 15ºF for the start, 6ºF windchill. mostly clear, moderate breeze. Light wind with some moderate gusts, some clouds later in day,and high temp was 34ºF. No bike ride, too cold. Puttered with paperwork, refilled wheelbarrow and wagon with wood and used splitter to make kindling. Stepdaughter made pork butt on crock pot and brought it and veggies over for my dinner.
Scaredy good to hear from you. Plenty of snow to play with. Sorry about the vehicle blocking your way. Hope you can dig your self out soon.
NHBX hope dump run was successful. Hope you were able to start organizing tax info.
Ron have fun with the snow control. Enjoy the new microwave. Neat moon pic.
Buppies hope new parts fixes upstairs heat. Wunderground showing about 1.5 inch rain for the week for me. Prayers sent
Thomas hope you found something fun to do with afternoon.
Plowhog nice pic.
Kilroy glad you manages to keep couches from fleeing, Nice grab on spreader , glad its working. Hope you able to enjoy the adventures the programmers have in store for you :)
Billy sorry about poor outside weather.
Mike hope stove fired right up. Enjoy the fire.
Ron thanks for link, funny with some really stuck tractors :)
Don I could stand to mow the leaves, but it is too cold.
Drew sorry about the lack of insulation hope orchard visit was successful. Have fun going through old cd's.
Bill did you get stuck in said SUV or did someone with all weather radial and no driving skills get stuck ? Enjoy your day off :)
WVH1977 welcome to GM. Are you hunting rabbits or just harassing then?
Scott(vt) I don't like the torpedo heater for heating garage, I use a conventional kerosene heater. Fumes are not as bad and you can warm your hands over them.
Drew sorry you have to clean car again. Being able to park out of the weather helps even better :)
James nice pic
Dennis nice snow pic. Nice your neighbor plowed the drive.
Dew sorry birds not cooperating for good pics.
Ken hope you enjoyed you seat time. nice snow pic
Paul glad markers worked, and you got blower motor changed out without much problem. Glad shop heat working as it should.
Ted congrats on calm wind. Hope you get some moisture. Glad shelves sanded and stained, hope you got them installed today. Good luck with preventing the nest.
Scotty my experience with rocks is that more appear after a while. nice pics
David glad you could take the day off. Hope new parts fix the Scag.
Drew cant help you on the medals.
Dennis sorry about Snagglepuss evicting you from lazyboy. May have to hide tractor too.
Drew by the time to turn in keys, we wont remember the post :(
Drew sorry cd player is so late in the day.
NHBX dad grumbled about not driving till he went into the Alzheimer's memory unit.
Dennis amazing.
Ted glad you got shelves up and gap fixed.
Ted sorry about the electric bill.
PJ sorry about the cold, good to hear some warming next week. It is funny how some items you would think command a higher price, don't.
Dennis saw both pics
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Mark /sister liver transplant and recovery, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,417  
Good (Sunday) evening. It's been a long day but I seem to recall that the overnight Low was 12.5C. I haven't a clue as to today's High (BoM says 21C at the aerodrome) however I know that the UV topped 11 as my neck is mildly burnt. It started calm/overcast, then clear/windy followed by windy/overcast with a quick downpour. It's presently 17C, overcast & calm.

The soiree was successful and a great time was had by all. Naturally, as the 'host', I really didn't get around to eating anything. Just the odd snack, but I did have a couple of pulled-pork rolls for my tea tonight so I know that it was well received by my guests.

Practically all of the area was struck-down & cleaned up by 1530... which was great as the rain started about a half hour later. (y)

Tomorrow will entail a trip to the tip to dump my full bin + putting 'things' back where they belong.

Currently enjoying a wee glass of Pinot Noir and, hopefully, depending on Penelope the Pussybeast, an early night.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,418  
Coffee is brewing. 15° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 23° with chance of snow early then some sun. New microwave is in place. Plowed around barns and cleaned up drives. Spent rest of the day inside where it was warm. Plan to spend today conserving energy.
r79enDR.jpg

Buckeye, glad Dad is OK.

Prayers and best wishes for all.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,419  
Morning all!
Currently 6 above going to a sunny 22 with 9-10 mph winds. Don't think we will be going for a walk this morning!
I have a kerosene torpedo heater in my unattached garage that work's great. 6 inch walls with R40 insulation I believe. No windows or openings other than the pass door and 16 foot garage door.
Takes about 15 minutes to go from outside temp to what ever I set it to. Usually 60 as I'm dressed for outside when I go out there. Make sure you have a carbon monoxide detector!
Spent most of the week in the shop. Killed a lot of time and wood. Pellet stove makes it very nice. A lot better than last year when it was in the 40's and 50's there.
Off to visit my sister this morning and then a phone call this afternoon with a friend's wife from the old job.
He had a bad stroke last year! Hopefully will be good news on his improvement!
Sure am burning thru pellets in the main house! I think I'm already through 3 tons! Might run out by spring if this cold keeps up. Glad I got an extra ton this year! Need the main furnace repaired so we can slack off on the pellets. Still waiting on computer board install on the non working heat pump!
Time for another coffee! Will attach pics of this weeks haul.
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy! and warm!
Chestnutbox.jpg
IMG_7438.jpg
IMG_7442.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #184,420  
Morning all!
Currently 6 above going to a sunny 22 with 9-10 mph winds. Don't think we will be going for a walk this morning!
I have a kerosene torpedo heater in my unattached garage that work's great. 6 inch walls with R40 insulation I believe. No windows or openings other than the pass door and 16 foot garage door.
Takes about 15 minutes to go from outside temp to what ever I set it to. Usually 60 as I'm dressed for outside when I go out there. Make sure you have a carbon monoxide detector!
Spent most of the week in the shop. Killed a lot of time and wood. Pellet stove makes it very nice. A lot better than last year when it was in the 40's and 50's there.
Off to visit my sister this morning and then a phone call this afternoon with a friend's wife from the old job.
He had a bad stroke last year! Hopefully will be good news on his improvement!
Sure am burning thru pellets in the main house! I think I'm already through 3 tons! Might run out by spring if this cold keeps up. Glad I got an extra ton this year! Need the main furnace repaired so we can slack off on the pellets. Still waiting on computer board install on the non working heat pump!
Time for another coffee! Will attach pics of this weeks haul.
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy! and warm!View attachment 847838View attachment 847839View attachment 847840
With all the wood dust you make, maybe you should build a pellet extruder?

essentially a smaller version of this:

Last edited: