Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,462  
(y) Im really interested in how that works out.
Good Afternoon TBS,
Well I went on YouTube and the videos that I looked at highly recommended using an impact gun. So before I attempt this job I will take a trip down to Harbor Freight Tools and pick up an inexpensive electric impact gun ! And yes, I will let you know how it works out !

I do know from the video, that you have to remove a plastic cover and cut a section of the foam insulation away to even get at the anode rod. After completing the job, just reinstall the foam plug and cap. So we will see how this whole thing goes !

Like one of the other members mentioned, hot water heaters are no longer $250 bucks, so we shall see how this plays out !(y)

/ Good morning!!!! #184,463  
8F clear sky.

Barely did enough to earn my super :oops: it was slow motion day. :(

Lions are clawing there way for next weeks game :) hope Bills will do the same.

Plans for the evening...keep recliner warm watch some football.

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,464  
Good (Monday) morning. Overnight Low of 8.8C and it's presently 19C, partly cloudy and somewhat calm at the moment. There was 0.7mm in the gauge @ 0900.

Today, on top of doing a 'tip run' & putting things back where they belong, I'll be doing a horse paddock shift from #1 to #2. The weather looks good for the next few days so I can plan on cleaning up Paddock #1 tomorrow.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,465  
Like one of the other members mentioned, hot water heaters are no longer $250 bucks, so we shall see how this plays out !(y)
I wish you great success and hope to learn from your experience!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,466  
Drill well...if so how much well casting before hitting ledge?.
Mostly we drilled in shale ... until the driller threatened to loose his bit and ruin the hole. So we stopped 15 ft of my maximum budget. Then we spent money on casing to prevent future collapse and such. Good idea in unstable ground. At the time I was only here less than a yr and generally pretty darn PO about the water situation and the added money I had to borrow to fix the problem. Seemed like I got the wool pulled over my eyes...But I found a good driller and we hit water 3 times on the way down so it's a very good well.
Today it seems like I should not have had to pay for that since the whole thing it was a real education :giggle:

Let it rain!

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #184,467  
4 hrs with the Drain King, a HF power snake that doesn't suck. ;)
Back yard drain is flowing again. It's a 150 foot run that's been giving me grief. Pulled and cut loose a bunch of tree roots. Glad I dug up the center and installed a 2 way clean out. I use 2 ABS inline sweeps. They are tough enough to hold up to the snake, and a long sweep is better for snaking. So, looks like another solution to an old problem around here. Buddy gave the power snake. One more ranch power tool in the barn (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #184,468  
Good Afternoon TBS,
Well I went on YouTube and the videos that I looked at highly recommended using an impact gun. So before I attempt this job I will take a trip down to Harbor Freight Tools and pick up an inexpensive electric impact gun ! And yes, I will let you know how it works out !

I do know from the video, that you have to remove a plastic cover and cut a section of the foam insulation away to even get at the anode rod. After completing the job, just reinstall the foam plug and cap. So we will see how this whole thing goes !

I had my WH anode installed by the people who put in our water softener. The new anode came in sections, each section was attached with a small cable or chain. I asked the purpose and they said when the ceiling is not as high the anode is long, the sectional anode will allow installation.

So if you have a 4' anode and only 3' clearance on top of your water heater get the sectional anode.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,469  
I don't have a conventional water heater so no anodes for me to change:
So I see an aluminum/zinc anode and a magnesium anode which one do you guys use and why?
Ph or water hardness or?

/ Good morning!!!! #184,470  
My water heater manufacturer says NOT to use an impact gun on the anode rod. They say a 1/2" drive johnson bar/strongarm/breaker bar (depending on whether you are in Western Canada or the 'States) will suffice.
My WH is a 'heat pump' deal. Sucks heat out of the air and that helps the electricity heat the water. I use magnesium rods because that is what is recommended.