Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,713  
Woman lost her next older brother a week ago this past Monday after a long decline. Pulmonary fibrosis got him, just like her oldest brother. Runs in the family apparently, both good men. Woman is the only one left now out of her immediate family.
Condolences rswyan.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,715  
Her dishwasher is cove replaced Bosch, cook top lasted 20 years computer board went bad cheaper to replace than fix pus induction cooking Wolf, 42 in side by side subzero, wolf oven 30 in Wolfe 2013 model years

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #184,717  
Good (Friday) morning. Overnight Low of 13.1C and it's presently 24.2C, clear and 'windy'.

CT scan trip to Launie & back was clear and uneventful. I was in'n'out in a matter of a half hour. Home by 1740.

It's been a busy week, so I'm just going to take it easy this 'Australia Day' and, probably, the rest of the weekend.

That's about it, take care all.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #184,718  
68°F and 0 rain

Successfully spent money in town yesterday. So easy to do.

Neighbor came up in afternoon and we spent another couple hours on Scag. Fuel solenoid not working. Carburetor bowl caked with rust. Cleaning it out revealed 3 holes. New carb on order, but not expected until Feb 13th. Both baffled that engine doesn’t kick with shot of starting fluid. I’ll take the opportunity to clean the fuel system, replace the fuel lines, possibly add a separator filter.

Need to do some piddling around today. We host H&F this afternoon.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day
How old is the Scag? I was thinking of buying one but reading of the gremlins you have had with yours not so sure. I know you cut a lot of grass, but ...

/ Good morning!!!! #184,719  
How old is the Scag? I was thinking of buying one but reading of the gremlins you have had with yours not so sure. I know you cut a lot of grass, but ...

2006 we got it used 2012. I’ve never had it serviced by dealer, so likely a factor. I did try once but not able to transport. It does get used hard. Had a friend interested in getting one, very similar property, dealer refused to sell to him.

To be honest it hasn’t been any worse than the Craftsman. At least haven’t busted the frame. I’m not that good a mechanic either.

Just talking with Sophie this week we discussed possibly upgrading to a newer, larger Scag. A possibility.

I posted here maybe 2 months ago going with a neighbor to inspect sale of one 3 years old but only 50 hours. Told him if he didn’t buy it I would. He did and has been enjoying it.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,720  
I had fun doing a little science experiment.
curious at the warmth of the case on my new little Sprout amplifier,
got the temp gun and started checking out the heavily built aluminum case.
It was consistent 98 in most area except right front where I saw 102 something.
so what is most likely the most warm part on an amp? I can think of several things.
I supposed I could take it apart, they don't show the innards online or in the supplied manual.
but someone here will know.

well, then the little kid came out and it was time to see how hot other stuff was...
Dell pc 82.2 f
APC UPS 83.1F
Samsung monitor 95.5F
top of LED light bulb 103
FIOS modem 106
oil filled electric radiator heat vent area 152
radiator hottest spot in fins 191F

it would appear my little amplifier is keeping its cool. I leave it on all the time, which
they recommend.

it's no wonder my office stays cozy on cold days with all these heat sources.
Only one that surprised me was FIOS modem, that thing is a little heater all by itself

Attachments

• IMG_2783[1].JPG
    IMG_2783[1].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 23