Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,734  
64 outside this AM, Heading to lower 70's. Yes, that is correct.

Misty outside too. Humid. After yesterday, no snow or ice left.

I should really start the work on the Milk House bathroom walls but am just not up to it. With the warm weather I just might sit back and enjoy it.

Hope all have a good day, be safe as always.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,735  
66 and humid, going to 75.

Rip, hope your toe is better.

RS, sorry to hear your wife lost her brother.

Scotty looks like you're having a great time. Thanks for taking us along (via pix).

Buppies, we both need to replace our well loved dogs. We've never been without at least one dog until now, but have started looking.

Spent most of the day doing some reading on taxes...complicated approach to document timber tracts and sales, trying produce the best outcome for the family farm LLC I manage for others in the family. Many pieces to the puzzle. Then did another session of relearning French language, which was much easier than learning to speak IRS.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,736  
good morning all
wet morning, warm, .55 rain so far but stopping, will get up to 58 today. Rip, enjoy the warm weather!
which I will take advantage of by turning the water back on outside, and have a few cleaning chores while that is on. Then drain the hoses again.
no plans for today, might go food shopping this morning. 15 percent off coupon burning hole in pocket, wonder what I should stock up on.

Buppies, hope you feel better this morning, you too Mostly.

good school board finance meeting last night. I caught a major error on spreadsheet, accompanying explanation said we were doing well and that line
showed a minus 450k. When I pointed that out, eyes got big, was a cut and paste error and they will redo. There is no problem but finance head was embarrassed. During the big construction/capital campaign project going on, many millions of dollars flowing back and forth among accounts and extra eyes needed. We actually hired a watch dog firm that has already saved their fee twice over. Our construction management firm is all female, and they are awesome. They go the extra mile, truly have our back, project is super successful so far, expected to come in slightly under budget.

hope your Friday is a good one

/ Good morning!!!! #184,737  
Most dogs seem to like snow. Sassy will roll in it.
IMG_1111.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #184,739  
Pop, Scott, and Ron ... great pix thanks for sharing!

Back in formerly-great California, its 41F headed to 56F and a clear day today.

Visited the County Building Dept yesterday. Am considering building a 2nd residence "ADU" (accessory dwelling unit) somewhere on our land. New CA laws reduced the power of local Counties to make exorbitant demands for fees and improvements that made it impossible to build.

Good news is: things have simplified. Bad news is the County can still demand things to make it difficult. Just modifying my driveway to comply with current fire regs would require surfacing the first 30 feet at the street, replacing my entry gate with one 2 feet wider, and felling 100 +/- trees including stump removal. Even they agreed that is egregious. They (mostly) waived that requirement. Even doing that is something they would have never done before. But there is more.

Expensive to build here-- after visiting I'm now guessing probably $600k to build a 1,200 sq ft. house-- on land I already own. Then property tax increases $6k/year, insurance increases $4k/year. Seems like a lot for only 1,200 ft. But ... decisions, decisions.

Had 4 large bucks at the edge of our pond late yesterday. Here is a pix a trail cam caught of one of them a while ago ...

BuckNight.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #184,740  
Nice pictures plowhog, nice catch Drew nice picture of sassy Ron, healthy deer plowhog, wngsprd I do not think with wife’s situation a new pup is in my future. What type of pups are you looking at?