Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #185,461  
We get a good amount of planes overhead. A few passenger planes, but mainly military. 4 out of 5 times that I was flying back east, I didn't go over the house. The main airline flight path is south of us.
This happened on our flight last week, few rows ahead of us. We almost made emergency landing in Santa Fe. The person was ok when we landed. Saw him but didn’t know who he was.
IMG_6414.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #185,462  
PopGadget - pretty happy with my Combi Boiler- so far keeps up better than the old one and so far looks like 25% less oil. What fuel do you wan to run?

Propane. It will be a small unit, looks like the heat load is going to be about 30k btu. Interesting that a 110k unit can throttle back to 13k for demand.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,463  
Drew, are you going to be going through Texas first, then NM? Or are you coming from the west and through here on the way back?
Ted, I'm heading East, going home, stopping in Salida CO to visit family after I pass by your area.
some backtracking is fine, but looks like I can take 41 up to 285 and then 25 going North to CO.
that whole area looks pretty remote, not a lot of folks on those roads North.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,466  
Good Afternoon.

41F and "Fair" @ 14:00, calling for a high of 45F for the day. Low this morning was 25.2F.

Warm temps (50's) through Friday then rain on Saturday as a cold front comes through and temps drop to more normal for this time of year.

Got WonderBoard cut last night using the cement/fiber blade in the jigsaw. It was close to fitting but still needs a little further trimming for the appropriate gaps ... so I'll work on that sometime this afternoon/evening.

10,000 lumen LED light (one of two) out in the garage appeared to fail last night as I was doing that. Supposedly rated for a 20,000+ hour life, very disappointing as it's only been a couple of years and I'm sure nowhere that amount of hours.

Noticed as I was taking it down that the clear plastic cover was full of small bugs at the bottom. Took cover off and cleaned the cover out thinking maybe the bugs had something to do with the failure. Still need to blow the rest of the bulb out and see if that makes any difference which is doubtful. Bulb flashes when fed power.

Curious - how many folks have finished floors underneath their kitchen cabinets ... rather than just the plywood subfloor ?

Still need to get old dishwasher and old inner tub loaded into the van. Remembered that the 40 year-old Kenmore microwave needs to go too ... so will haul that out of the dining room where it's sitting now that I have the tires on the two-wheeler pumped up. Might wait a couple more days when it will be about 10F warmer.

At a minimum, the hopper feeder needs checked, probably needs filled. The little ones that frequent the tube feeder definitely do not prefer the cheap seed I've started using. Tube feeder will probably last better than a week where before I was lucky if the refill lasted 4 days.

Plants in dining room no doubt need watered.

Woman planning on a trip to the grocery store, then has to pick up neighbor who is dropping her van off at the local repair shop for work.

Maybe a trip down to Menards this evening to pay for new refrigerator and get the delivery scheduled.

Think we'll put it in the dining room initially, which is just off the kitchen. That will give us a chance to fire it up and get it cool before unloading the current unit.

Hope everyone is having a decent Tuesday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #185,468  
Wagtail, sounds nice there.
when you go over to the mainland, do you normally take the high speed ferries?
I always wanted to ride on one of those.
or do most people fly?

must be nice living on your own island!
G'day Mate... there's no high-speed ferry between us and the mainland. Although they are built here. "Incat" Incat - Wikipedia

For the most part, people fly, unless you need to take your vehicle. Bookings, months in advance, are required on the "Spirit of Tasmania" ferries.

And, yes, it is wonderful living on an island, but with 'living on an island' (even a very large one) problems... such as a lot of things need to be shipped here.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,469  
Good (Wednesday) morning. Overnight Low of 9.5C and it's presently 24.7C, clear & calm. There was a paltry 0.2mm in the gauge @ 0900. (Still, that's better than 'a sharp stick in the eye' :D)

The horses were, indeed, transferred to Paddock #4 yesterday evening so, later on this arvo, I'll have some tractor fun cleaning up Paddock #3. The wind should be moderate which will reduce my being covered in 'horse dust'.

But first, it's 'into town' day for groceries & I'll top the ute up with petrol.

That's about it, take care all.