Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,342  
Happy Birthday, George Washington!

George loved dogs, and named one Sweet Lips.

A couple of quotes:
- You have only one way to convince others, listen to them.
- A pack of jackasses led by a lion is superior to a pack of lions led by a jackass.

It still amazes me that with all of the national holidays that we don't have one to honor the man known as the father of our country.

Agree
Seem to recall as a kid we celebrated both Abraham and George, although maybe not officially. Then sometime later it was decided we needed a different holiday in January and george kinda got back burnered. A shame.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,343  
I figure someone here will know what this weird thing hanging off a power pole is… I think it is some sort of surge protector?
IMG_9026.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #186,345  
45F, wet, and cloudy @ 17:00, heading down to around 37F for the overnight low.

Cold front coming in, high/low temps on Sat will drip down to 31F/19F then a warming trend with highs on Mon/Tue/Wed around 60F or better.

Got meds doled out and recyclables hauled up to the can at the road on Tuesday, along with another box of cardboard and waste paper stowed in the shop.

More clean up work done in the garage.

Found a new wall-mount stationary tub - the wider version - was available through Menards and got that ordered (it's a special order item that they don't stock) ... the day before they put everything on 11% rebate ... 🤬

There's a way to handle it and get the rebate I believe, but I will have to look it up.

Have had 2 of our wall-wart power adapters to USB for phone charging fail over the last couple of weeks. Can now only charge when hooked up to a computer. I know there's a 3rd one up in the shop, but I have been unable to locate the 4th one. Probably will have to order some of those.

Got the suet feeder out on the pole refilled.

The first 3 loads of ice have been tossed (as per instructions) from the new 'frig and we are now using the new ice. Just in the nick of time, as what was left in the old 'frig was running out.

Was so nice out yesterday that I started thinking about having to mow again ... so I called the mower shop to get a price on having them adjust the valves which it calls for at 500 hours (it's at 550 and change)

Service writer said it would probably be less than $100, depending on whether it called for gaskets or just sealing with RTV.

I asked him when they could pick it up. He said "How about tomorrow between 08:00 and noon ?"

Told him that would work ... (y) ... and I would go over to the barn and get it pulled out and have it waiting for him.

Which I then did ... luckily it still had some gas in it and fired right up ... ;)

This morning they arrived to pick it up ... with a roll-back ... which was pretty slick. Literally ... as it was pouring.

Woman has continued to work on cleaning out all the junk in the 3rd bedroom that's headed to Good Will. Will probably take load down there this coming Tuesday ... after I make the run to metal recycling center to empty the van out. Might do that tomorrow.

Not sure what I'll find to get into this evening, target-rich environment ... so plenty of choices.

Finishing up emptying the old 'frig is high on the list, so I can pull the plug on it and get it shut off.

Hope everyone is having a decent Thursday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #186,346  
Good (Friday) morning. Overnight Low of 16.1C and it's presently 23.3C, the odd wind gust & clear.

I won't bore you with the details but, suffice it to say, I really need to have my earwax flushed. Particularly my right ear. I've gone truly deaf in that ear and 'ear drops' aren't helping. I've been to the clinic this morning and can't be 'seen' until Tuesday A.M. I'll continue with the 'drops' until then as it can only help... fortunately, my Veteran "White Card" includes anything related to hearing.

It was 30C and very humid, due to that 'rain bomb', yesterday so I postponed the Paddock #4 clean up 'til today.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,347  
it was a lamb patty egg sandwich
not lamb eggs... :giggle:
absolutely delicious with spicy sweet cooked red peppers

having problems getting pics out of my phone, pc will not recognize phone when I plug it in.
so having to use regular camera for a while.
Maybe tomorrow I will bite the bullet and go get a new I15.
quite possible jack in phone got broken when phone fell still plugged in
or something is turned off in the phone and I have no idea what

hope to have a quiet night
tomorrow more flower fiddling

/ Good morning!!!! #186,349  
we just landed a machine on the moon, a lander by a private company in Texas named Intuitive Machines

first time in a very long time. Apparently number of other countries want to get there too, here we go again, hopefully not for
some nefarious reason. Until we get some less expensive propulsion, can't imagine anything being commercially viable.
I've been reading science fiction for almost 60 years. It's coming. I'm guessing another fifty years.
who knows, maybe Space X will get it done sooner.