Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,791  
got all the plants back out in the greenhouse, a pleasant 84 in there now
planted a flat of elegans lilliput zinnias
then fed the birds
now sitting and resting before helpers show up
old friend just called sounded awful, tested pos for covid today, so he sure isn't coming.
but another younger helper can so will have enough hands.

Will be raining tomorrow, but good day to work inside rv and hook it up to water and see
that everything is just dry as a bone.
dry as a bone with the water turned on.
maybe

no weather below freezing in ten day forecast

still can't post pics, keeps saying too large.
guess I'll go back to the regular camera and see if that makes any difference.
what's with these HEIC files?

/ Good morning!!!! #186,792  
This is my Husqvarna 400 from 1970. Picture was taken at Grand Canyon NP. West of main park. Back then you could ride the trails along the canyon after registering at park main office. It was a great ride.
IMAG0300.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #186,793  
This is my Husqvarna 400 from 1970. Picture was taken at Grand Canyon NP. West of main park. Back then you could ride the trails along the canyon after registering at park main office. It was a great ride.
View attachment 855148
That was one of the most powerful dirt bikes you could buy in 1970. I would love to have a running model of one of those right now.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,794  
Since many posted pictures of their bikes here is a picture of my Suzuki back when living in Marin County CA early 1970's. Trailered it up to a bike park North for some fun with it
Pretty light and powerful and would lift front wheel in any gear

1709325275354.png

/ Good morning!!!! #186,795  
got all the plants back out in the greenhouse, a pleasant 84 in there now
planted a flat of elegans lilliput zinnias
then fed the birds
now sitting and resting before helpers show up
old friend just called sounded awful, tested pos for covid today, so he sure isn't coming.
but another younger helper can so will have enough hands.

Will be raining tomorrow, but good day to work inside rv and hook it up to water and see
that everything is just dry as a bone.
dry as a bone with the water turned on.
maybe

no weather below freezing in ten day forecast

still can't post pics, keeps saying too large.
guess I'll go back to the regular camera and see if that makes any difference.
what's with these HEIC files?
I turn off HEIC and save as JPG, Iphone calls it compatible mode I think.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,797  
49F and cloudy @ 15:00, which is the high predicted for the day.

Got hopper and 2 tube feeders refilled yesterday, plus scattered cracked corn, cheap bird seed, peanuts for the ground feeders. Also took about 2 gallon of whole corn up and stuck it in the deer feeder.

Collected mail while I was up there.

Woman took her car down to the local repair shop yesterday afternoon and dropped it off to have it aligned. Brake light came on as She was heading over there. Shop called this morning and said right rear wheel cylinder was leaking ... 🤬

Interestingly, the guys at Discount Tire had a very hard time getting the right rear tire and rim off when we got the new tires installed, had to beat the crap out of it to get it off.

I'll need to grease/anti-seize all the rims at some point in the not-too-distant future when it warms up a little more and the sun is out.

Got some clean up done in dining room, plus all the plants in there watered. Woman said to keep doing whatever I'm doing with the banana tree. Yeah ... it does like a drink every now and then ... :LOL:

Also moved the old clothes washer across the kitchen, clearing a space for the old refrig on the north wall. One step closer to the front door ... ;)

Woman has been cleaning the interior of it this afternoon, now out for a walk with the neighbor.

Got back into the master bedroom bath last night. Attempted to remove the old shower drain collar by unscrewing it. Got it to turn but it didn't seem to be unscrewing/rising. Put the propane torch to it and was able to pry it up a little. About that time I came to the conclusion that it was probably a leaded joint. Which was confirmed by the oakum on the bottom once I got it off.

Getting it off allowed me to remove the top layer of subfloor in that area that the drain comes up through:

IMG_3114 copy.jpg

Once that was done I chiseled out the shoe plant on the bottom of the 2 x 4 stud (left side in above picture) on the shower entry and then trimmed off the stud where it was rotted with the oscillating tool.

Also cleaned up all the wood debris, nails, and screws.

Had heavy consultations with the "construction supervisor" while all that was going on and got a decision made as to which direction we're going to go on the new shower pan. Need to get that ordered today, should have it in around 10 days or so.

Next on the agenda in there will be a very close inspection of the bottom portion of the subfloor to determine what parts of it need to be removed and replaced. Then start trimming it out.

Was tempted to pressure treated plywood for the subfloor ... but considering how wet it tends to be when you get it and the shrinkage from that, I think I'll probably stick with regular plywood. May even have enough plywood here leftover from the router table/woodworking bench projects to refloor the area but need to verify the thickness (is it 1/2" or 3/4" ?)

Repair shop just called: Woman's car is done. She's back from her walk and headed off with the other neighbor to go pick it up ... (y)

Hope everyone is having a decent Friday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #186,798  
Good (Saturday) morning. Overnight Low of 11.2C and it's presently 15.1C, calm with high overcast.

I'm 'up' early for my get away to Launie; leaving in a half hour. My medical 'procedure' is at 1100... the Urologist is going to have a look in my bladder (and there's only one way he can put a camera in there :oops: ). I'm going for a 'local freezing'. It'll sure be a new 'life experience' for me.

I should be back home by 1600.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,799  
The motorcycle was the one after the H-1, had it for 30 years and 50K+ miles. Pic was taken just before selling it.

Nice ... (y)

RS hope you made progress on something.

Thanks, a little forward movement.

RS quite the wreck. Had a 1000 shaft drive after the H-1.

I went shaft drive on the next one after the LTD - a '78 or '79 XS 750 Special triple - very similar to the one below (sans luggage rack, backrest, and fairing):

1979-yamaha-xs750-sf-motorcycles-in-saint-george-ut.jpg

Was the 2nd bike I bought new from a dealer (the 1st being a 1972 Kawasaki F7 Enduro)

Ended up putting a set of low bars and a custom exhaust (SuperTrapp !) on it.

Glad you had success with the computer ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #186,800  
RS, also nice machine !

Thanks !

It was ...

Lot of fun on all of them !

Indeed.

After I broke my leg, wife wouldnt let me get anything that went faster than a tractor !:D Even thats not entirely true, I got Polaris Ranger 570 EPS in 2018. That thing will easily do 50 or more !

I've been tempted over the last couple of years to pick up another scooter myself but have thought the better of it ... :(

Still no harm looking ... right ?

;)

Hope all have a great evening, time to feed my two cats, they are hungry now !

Hope cats had a good feast ... (y)