Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,922  
Good Morning
45° when I got up, it’s now 60 which is likely the high for today under an overcast sky.

Yesterday kept me busy, speaker work shop work, took a ride to a buddy’s sawmill to grab some scraps to make a walkway through the mud behind the barn. I’ll stone it later, but it’s way too wet now.
Took a couple of spindles off the wing decks on the Progressive mower. Unfortunately, I dropped one in the shop, and it did not exactly nail the landing.
IMG_3906.jpg

I got that pulley off the shaft and dug into the tubs of spare parts, I was pretty sure I saw pulleys in there. I did find one, but the surface that goes up against the bearing was in poor shape, so I chucked it up in the lathe and resurfaced it.

IMG_3907.jpg

So now I’m back to where I was before I dropped it.

Today I got the speakers finished up and tested, they’re ready to ship.
IMG_3908.jpg

One goes to CA, the other to WA. I’ll pack them after lunch, and hopefully get the spindles rebuilt this afternoon.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,923  
65°
Got ranger out, picked up some sticks in back yard. Saw black and orange bugs all over the back of house, esp around doors where they work their way in, so got home defense sprayer and soaked them good. Will see if it works on them. Straw in tank had come off of the hose, had to fish it out and reattach first.
Then took makita chainsaw and cut the rest of the pine tree off the fence, hauled the pieces away, fixed the fence with a couple “new” old rails I have.
Feeling good after all that.
IMG_4336.jpeg

Short chainsaw video, one of the last cuts at the base of the tree.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #186,926  
Good Morning in the afternoon! Nice day today we are at 81F with calm winds and clear skies.

Spent all morning putting election equipment in the polling place. Came home to take a nap and then cooked some tri-tip. Had not eaten anything earlier. It sure was good. But I'm not sure I know how to cook it right. I just cook it like I do with a ribeye. It was tender and good flavor but I have had some that others cooked that was better. May have been the way they seasoned it or they grilled it. Ribeye is what I usually get because I like how it turns out the way I do it. But I intend to look into how to prepare tri-tip a little more.

Long day tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great evening and everything goes well with you!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,928  
yea, my 40# pellet bags get heavier all the time. I haven't done an 80# bag in a few years. Wife turned the stove off, now 66deg.
My coal is in 40# bags. Last summer I bought a pallet of sackcrete, fortunately I help moving it around so I only had to handle about 20 of them and the pallet forks carried them to were we unloaded them, so just a 10 foot carry.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,929  
Laser tag gunfight maze set up on Ice Skating rink, I was the oldest 8 year old in the game.

Finished my 472 page book in 3 days on the balcony

It was a foggy morning this morning as we pulled into Galveston port, last pic is the pilot boat dropping off the port pilot below our cabin, we were on the 10th floor.
IMG_3068.JPG
IMG_3069.JPG
IMG_3077.JPG

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #186,930  
Good (Tuesday) morning. Overnight Low of 9.1C and it's presently 21.4C, fairly clear & calm.

Well, yesterday turned out to be a 'no day' regarding a house/driveway mowing. Perhaps I was simply 'recovering' from a busy February & weekend. Either way, I feel no guilt. :)

I do need to get after that mowing though.

That's about it, take care all.