Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,582  
I wonder if you guys that don't live in tumbleweed country realize how deprived you are? Wonderful crop that comes up every spring on your fences - no effort needed on your part to plant or irrigate or cultivate!
We had 4 days of extremely high winds this past week...blowing 20-40 mph and gusting to 60. This morning - no wind! So I started clearing the tumbleweeds off my fences...but the wind just came back up and no way to hold the tumbleweeds on the trailer so I have to wait for another calm morning.
P1010547ecrtbn3-17-24.jpg

P1006512ecrtbn3-17-24.jpg

P1050484ecrtbn3-17-24.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #187,583  
I wonder if you guys that don't live in tumbleweed country realize how deprived you are? Wonderful crop that comes up every spring on your fences - no effort needed on your part to plant or irrigate or cultivate!
We had 4 days of extremely high winds this past week...blowing 20-40 mph and gusting to 60. This morning - no wind! So I started clearing the tumbleweeds off my fences...but the wind just came back up and no way to hold the tumbleweeds on the trailer so I have to wait for another calm morning.
View attachment 857682

View attachment 857683

View attachment 857686
How much of a pain in the butt are tumble weeds?

/ Good morning!!!! #187,584  
Phil, beautiful work and wood.

BEF, sorry about the old homestead.

deserteagle, wonder if tumbleweeds have any composting value? beautiful mountains.

Popgadget, glad you got some space now in the shop.

rswyan, I'm waiting to hear about a bountiful strawberry crop. I hope all your work pays off.

Sodamo, saved by the Lord again. Wet mowing is not fun if grass is the least bit high.

RNG, Glad it is you painting and not me. LOL.

Son's b'day is today. He's grown about 2 more inches this year (about 3" last year). If he keeps growing, he will pass me up this year. Celebrated on Friday (when his friends could all go to the trampoline park). He's a great kid, I just wish our relationship was more communicative. He has another track meet Thursday. He bruised the side of his hip, jousting on a balance beam at the trampoline park. Hope he heals by then.

Went to buddies church about 20 minutes away. It was good. I traded the stove top back in for a complete, but smaller unit. The larger one needed burner caps $88, and propane jet orifices, another $25. I'm trying to figure out how to nest the smaller unit in an old BBQ pit, that has a porcelain hinged lid and can block wind for an outdoor setup. The smaller stove is too deep in Y axis. will have to cut and re brace the pit's frame to fit somehow. Maybe the stoves knobs will be exposed. It is mostly stainless.

K46 update: got all the internals cleaned and they look good as far as wear. Here's one of the faces that matters. Like I mentioned before, I'm not seeing any major issues, and hoping a cleanout and fresh oil will get it going. This tranny has had an initial "groan" for the first 10-20 feet since it was young. I'm figuring that it groans until a fresh coat of circulated oil gets to the spider gears.
Screenshot 2024-03-17 164325.jpg

I sent an email to the Torchmate plasma team (Lincoln) about the height sensing problem. Awaiting further advisement.

Hope all of you have a blessed St. Patrick's day. He used the 3 leaf clover to explain the Christian belief.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,585  
How much of a pain in the butt are tumble weeds?

They are awful. They weight nothing but are very stiff and round and designed by nature to roll. Burn extremely hot so you can't just burn them off the fences because the heat will make the wire sag. So you have to pick them off one by one with a pitchfork. Though they weigh nothing they are very bulky; unless you stomp them down just a few tumbleweeds will fill a pickup or trailer.

I (and my neighbors) spend hours every spring picking them off our fences and moving them to a place where they can be safely burned.
DSC02515rtbn3-17-24.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #187,586  
Good evening all, and Happy St Patrick’s day! (My brother’s birthday.)

Haven’t reported for quite a while, and lots has happened. The big one is that the sale of our 23 acre property closed, and then we turned around and bought a house in town.

Still have our original cottage, where I am staying quite a bit, but there will be a big change on March 28 when the closing on the new house happens.

Sad to see the big place go, but the guy came along and made me an offer that I couldn’t refuse!

This will leave me more time to finish up the basement at our original cottage, and to do the things that need doing in the house. There is always something needing doing when you move into a new residence.

Meanwhile, the tractor is going to be getting pretty lonely, because I’m now down to 3/4 of an acre up at the lake. I will still have some outside work to do, and of course, there is the snowblower in the winter.

That’s all for now. Hope everyone had a safe day!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,587  
39F mostly cloudy.

Spent most of day raking had to take 1 1/2 brake due to rain than hail follow by heavy snow flurries 🙄 got raking etc. done than I plan on.

Plans for the evening set in recliner and numb it.

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,588  
Good (Monday) morning. Overnight Low was 18.7C and it's presently 24.5C, partly cloudy with the wind 'picking up'. There was 6.2mm of rain in the gauge @ 0900.

A lovely, relaxing, day yesterday and it looks to be continuing for the foreseeable future. More rain is expected tomorrow = (y) .

That's about it, take care all.