Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,712  
29F started snowing 30 and trees are a rocking.

Wasn't very productive day but just enough to earn dinner...whew.

Saw something on pickup back panels :unsure: after closer look pretty sure it was Boo climb into the bed and took buggee cord this morning.🙄

Plans for the evening feet up share bowl ice cream.

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,714  
Good (Thursday) morning. Overnight Low was a very cool 3.8C and it's presently 19.9C, clear and calm. There was 0.4mm in the gauge from yesterday arvo's sporadic showers.

Before heading into town yesterday, I received a call from my Church's Minister regarding a water leak (I'm a Warden, so, one of the 'go-to' blokes). Inspection of the problem was an out-side elbow connection that looked like it had been slightly clipped when the grass was mowed. It was a pin-prick, but the water pressure was sending the spray long and high. A very old system, too, so replacement part(s) would probably be unavailable. Anyway, I stopped off at the local hardware shop to find if they had anything like 'self-vulcanising' tape (like I used to use with Navy damage control practises)... and they DID! Although it was silicon based. Short story is that I was able to repair it to, perhaps, 99.9%.

The rest of the 'town tasks' were accomplished.

The horse paddock transfer will happen later this arvo.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,715  
I have to agree with RNG and my wife agrees with you. She has the iPad with the keyboard cover and loves it. I prefer the MacBook Pro. I can never swipe correctly on her pad it is just frustrating. I do miss the apps that are available on the pad but not the notebook.

I use the iPad 90% of the time, rest of the time split between desktop (Win 11) and laptop (Win 7 Pro). I have too many specialty uses that exclude a Mac, or I would definitely have a MacBook.
For music production, I use the desktop exclusively.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,716  
good morning all
38 degrees on March 18, going up to 50 and cooler weather for coming week.

not looking forward to this morning. Have to go back to Verizon wireless store.
when I made the deal to trade in my Iphone, I agreed to a 17 dollar a month increase.
I got the bill on Saturday, almost 400 bucks. ????
Seems my Ipad wasn't free and they are charging me 70 bucks a month for it?
so back I go with tons of paperwork.

and of course I threw the box out for the Ipad. Not sure this will end well.

need to make a run to state store to get some wine this morning, then off to a friend's home
for dinner tonight.

Ron, those Ingersolls were cool garden tractors. Reminds me of my Gravely.
Both turned out to be too expensive to make in a world taken over by zero turns.

hope you all have a nice Monday.
I'm not a fan of Verizon, after some crummy service and crummier phone support.

Did your post get trimmed? Maybe the type of oil you were going to rub on joints? Pun intended. :)

My last phone I bought a Motorola from Motorola, when it got to me I slip in my sim card and just went to using my new $300 Motorola G Power.
This is me, I want to upgrade, but my son for Christmas got a refurb apple phone, and we put his 4G Moto Power phone in the drawer. My battery doesn't hold a charge for all day anymore, but it is maybe 4 years old or so. I'm prolly gonna switch over to his old phone.

Drinking hot coffee. 33° with light snow this morning. Heading to 37° with clouds and 30 mph winds. Rural King shopping trip went very well. Found all that was on the list. Henry Frontier 20" that I ordered is going to be a great add to my collection. Not much else got done. Should get chipper on tractor today. Not much else planned outside.
Think I have found why weather station does not always show correct info.

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.
What caliber did you get on your Henry Frontier? I'll bet that'll be a sweet piece. It would be pricy to shoot .17 HMR as fast as the rifleman's opening scene. I love .17HMR, love .22 mag, and love the .22 that you can also shoot .22 shorts.

It could possibly help remedy the weather station's problem.....

Scootr, that almost looks like silage, wonder if you could bail it and feed it to livestock?
I was wondering the same thing?

Ron- great bird pix as usual !!!

Been a little busy here in Formerly-Great California.

My wife and I own a ski cabin in the Sierra Mountains. Got a call a tree top snapped off and penetrated the roof. Went to visit and confirmed part of a tree trunk is sticking into our living room.

Repairing this will be tricky since the land is on a slope, making the upper repair about 3rd story level. Not sure yet how to approach this. I used some expanding spray foam around the tree trunk sticking into the living room-- hopefully it is mostly weather tight for the upcoming rain storm coming this weekend. No chance to deal with it before then.

Going to be a sunny 66F today. We're back at our ranch property-- with good weather and no wind it is time to start some burn piles!

Hope everyone has a good day today!
Wow, I have an idea. TxDon could take his Ranger to the dealer nearest you, and bring his electric saw and cut it right off flush, leaving the foam around for sealing, and the rest inside the house for interesting deco or carved into a lamp?

Hope you get it fixed how you want it. Insurance will usually repay you 100% for all costs incurred to prevent further damage like water pouring in or what ever.

Good Morning! What is all this 30˚ and snow being reported some of ya'll need to get with the program Spring is here today. 51˚F heading to the upper 60s with partly cloudy skies and South breeze.

Wngsprd, the saw will cut a 6" limb or whatever size the blade is on the short cycle.

Need to take the Ranger to the shop today to fix the dual control AC. Wife's vent's are not getting the message to cool.
It was 37F in the valley of Lake Somerville yesterday morning.
I still get cold outside if a breeze is blowing and it gets below 70F. LOL.
Boo show up little after sunset and stare in the mirror on the side of the shed for while,than went to blanket laid down...no hug. ;)
Count me in as glad, that boo hasn't hugged you.
Wifey sautéed fresh salmon with asparagus and rice for supper. Yummy. we don't eat like that often.

Sautéed because the old oven is still on the blink. 20 years old. It has 2, 24v DC relays. One for broil element, one for bottom element. When it messed up the first time, it would go into self cleaning mode and burn whatever you were trying to cook. I checked the circuit board and found that the lower element relay was not functioning and the broiler relay was working. After desoldering it off the lower, it still didn't work. So I figured that was the problem. I went ahead and replaced both relays with new ones. Same brand from Austria. Put it back together and only the lower element would work. No broiler heat. Figured that maybe the new broiler relay had the hong kong flu? I took it back apart and put another brand new relay in place. Still, when testing while in place, the relay would not function. Hooking up some test leads, I found that I had continuity between the =/- of the relay's power supply terminals. This is not right. I'm wondering if maybe a diode has gone bad maybe, and allowing it to backfeed current to the relay's +/- terminals. The lower element's relay works fine, and does not have continuity between the supply voltage terminals.

All that to say, they don't make the circuit boards anymore. Some places sell refurbished for $250-$350. Some guy says to send him mine and he can usually fix them for $99. Usually...

So I found a like new 2 year old Frigidaire wall unit oven that will fit on Marketplace for $400. New ones are $1499. My friend who lives near the seller 140 miles away from me, has already gone and picked it up for me. He said my wife could bake him some brownies for the favor. :)

Price per gallon of gas went from $2.86 to $3.26 in a couple of days.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,718  
the one that says Scott has a lot to wax on his truck.
?????
is someone anti plant?
it's still there, and it does say it's invisible to others.
just lurking on top that message.
I wonder if I've been swatted.

this message is awaiting moderator approval.

there was zero political here, I wonder what the trigger was.
Probably the line about oiling your joints, I think.

I scraped 4" of fluffy white snow off my driveway and the others. Shoved the trees back into the bush on the east side of the driveway. The 3 widow makers. Haven't got to the ones in the back yard yet, waiting for the ground to freeze up a little more.

Dump/town run tomorrow and maybe friday I will tend to the other trees.
Income tax got e-filed on the 11th, so I should see the refund sometime around the 25th. Perfect.

The month end shopping trip to North Bay will happen on the 2nd of April. Turn in the medical then. Next years' medical will be due on the 31 March, so I will do that one on the 25 March. The clinic I go to charges me $80.oo.

My handwriting is atrocious so I have been typing since grade 6. We had an Underwood #5 typewriter at home, mainly because Dad used it for most of his correspondence. So I used it to type my notes and assignments. Took typing in Grades 9 and 10. The only guy in a classroom of 30 girls. ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #187,719  
Good evening all. 47ºF for the start, overcast, light breeze. Light wind, Sky cleared off, and high temp was 69ºF. Made coffee to start day, then Men's Meeting. Bike ride after I got home, trip to town for lunch and groceries, haircut, pharmacy, and did get signature cards signed as ICVFD board member. Looks like I get to sign a check tomorrow. :) Dinner with group. And did get short nap in.
Ron glad Rural King shopping went well. Hope new Henry Frontier is good. Sorry about your weather station influencer.
Bill enjoy your seat time.
Mike sorry about firewatch. Impressive age of the peach trees.
Drew good to hear answer machine works. Good luck with massaging the Garmin routes. Hope lunch went well. Sorry losing some flowers. Hope you got enough coffee.
Billy glad good hike. looking forward to pics. Hope pie was great. Congrats on son's first house. Neat pics
Plowhog sorry to hear about your ski cabin. Good luck with the repairs.
Don nice weather. Hope the Ranger's vent gets fixed.
Thomas sorry no hug from Boo.
Ken sorry about using the wire wheel on your finger, ouch! Hope the rails get finished with no more mishaps.
Thomas sorry about the snow. Hope inside day went well.
Scott(vt) hope work went well. Hope you got wax job finished.
Drew sorry winter is back, Hope you get plants in with no problems.
RNG glad master bathroom back together. Glad you got seals to get bearings serviced. When using Garmin map software on windoze computer, had more problem with map issues then with software itself. Most map issues error in map that made software think no road there.
Buppies good job sleeping in. prayers sent.
Paul glad you got split valve replaced, forced a regen and reset CEL, and nice job on pork. My vote would be fly plane, cheap price to pay to avoid big city traffic.
Scotty hope you got your drive in.
Billy neat pics of down trees.
David glad good mowing day yesterday. Hope eye DR happy with Sophie's eyes. Hope good lunch with Sophie's brother and SO.
Drew glad good lunch, give away some flowers? Hope good nap.
Don thanks for link, have been looking for Ideas to try while cooktop down.
Thomas glad you got dinner earned. Wonder what attracted Boo to bungee cord. Hope kitties liked the ice cream.
Randy(wag) sorry about the leak, glad tape fixed it. Good to hear toen list taken care of.
Kyle sorry about oven woes. My top oven broil element not so good, we used it on regular occasion. Hope 2 yr oven works out. I have like price jumps here.
Bill glad you got plowing done. Hope town run and tree work both go well. Hope all medicals inspections go well.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,720  
If it shows up on googleMaps you can report it or add in a correction.

It feeds other open sourced markup language map applications too. Most share the same data. LOL.
It doesn't bother me so I'm not going to the trouble to report it for correction. It's just an example of a error on google maps that I know personally. Maybe you have time to report google map errors but I don't. And I expect most people don't either.
LOL

Last edited: