Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,271  
Frenchtown looks and sounds like a neat place. What the heck is Shadfest?

I’ve played in bands at Shadfest, usually to large crowds.
IMG_2617.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2616.jpg
    IMG_2616.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 30
   / Good morning!!!! #189,273  
I’ve played in bands at Shadfest, usually to large crowds.
View attachment 863656
It looks like a great party with a funy name. 'Course we have SandFest and Shrimporee down here. Probably need to reccommend they book your band!

Sand Fest just ended today.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,274  
Never seen one in person wagtail
Well, it's probably due our driving on the Left hand side of the road... 'Scania' must make them for the UK market, so they're less expensive for us.

There are full size Chevy & Dodge pick-up trucks (mostly 'dualies') here, but they are obscenely expensive because they've had to be converted to Right-hand steering/controls.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #189,275  
Good Monday morning !

It is raining / snowing quite hard.

Before I dive into endless jobs will react on some posts :)

Chilly today
Good worship, I led singing.
Good lunch, we had a visitor from MO here teaching a class at the Fire academy, so invited him to lunch with us.
I got out my turbocad last night to work on another cabin plan. Been awhile since I used it so forgot how to do things. Microstation is still my favorite CAD program. I used to teach it at local community college. Autocad is next favorite, but after they disabled my last version because they weren’t supporting it any longer, I refused to buy it again.
I know only AutoCAD. :)
I strongly believe that PC / CAD is only another tool, to make drawing look neat and clean. First thing young person has to learn is WHAT to draw. And for that paper is the best

Interesting. Usually 1,2,3 but sometimes it's G,1,2,3 with G being Garage or Ground as in basement, and some times its G1, G2, G3, 1, 2, 3.... And is G1 the lowest or is it G3 the lowest?

One building I use a lot has G for Ground which is a basement and 1,2,3, 4 above ground, then an underground extension of two levels and the upper underground level is E2 while the lower underground level is E1. It makes sense when you look at it from the bottom up E1, E2, G, 1,2,3,4.

It can get really funny trying to explain it to new comers.

Normally 1,2,3
But our 100 year old building at work, the first floor is ground level in the front, but building is built on a slope. So in back, 1st floor is below ground level
So at work they use, 0,1,2

Helo, very nice building with woodwork. We have thrown away most of the old draft boards around here. I don't know if my older brother still has his. It was a big one, maybe 1.5m x 2m. He had the green plastic overlay on it, which makes it nice for tight lines, and we used it as dining table too, when adjusted flat.

Church was good.

We may have won the overnight rain total contest....4.8" I told the wifey it has been a long time since we have had that much. The storms kept on training. It was 53F this morning, which feels cool to us being used to the 80's.
Thanks !

Italians are claiming that first floor is not really "floor", it is just ground. So for them that's nothing - 0. :)

Drafting boards is not a thing here either. Daughter says in their engineering school there still is one. More like souvenir.

Great looking truck. Unfortunately Scania is not sold in the US. Maybe in Canada? Volvo is more common here
Nice drafting board. Spent many hours with one of these in my early days. Designed a gear oil pump for the Professional Engineering license exam in California.

My dad had a long nosed Mercedes truck back in the day. Used it often when needed.

Ha, I bet those things you will never forget :)

~~~~~~~~

I have seen those old Mercs with hood. Really nice looking. Now they all are "flat nose". At least in EU market.
Unimog still have "long noose" versions. recently have seen in news - our firefighters have got few of them.

Good Evening Helo,

First floor, ersten Boden

Second floor, zweiten Boden 😂😂

I think the other guys gave you an accurate answer!

Du willst nicht wasser kommst durch dein dach Uber dein zweiten boden!! 😂😀

Actually I can't recall how Germans are counting. I mean they go by Italian style :)

Good (Monday) morning. Overnight Low of 7.3C and it's presently 21C, clear with a breeze.

'Scania' trucks/lorries are somewhat common down here in Aus.

Looks like a dhobi day with some preparations for ANZAC Day, on Thursday,... polishing shoes (RM Williams boots, actually) and such.

That's about it, take care all.
I am far from trucking, just like the looks, that's it. But what I have noticed, here is Volvo vs Scania "war". For truckers it's like religion. I can't explain it with rational arguments 😁

Scania as company is smaller, they are uniform all over the globe

But I have noticed, Volvo has 2 completely different lines.

I never have seen Volvo like this
media_1f798a42b3cff7e92cb1d5e20053b897c031d6050.jpeg

Here all Volvos are like this
volvo-fm-deisel-cgi-exterior-1

/ Good morning!!!! #189,276  
Coffee is brewing. 28° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 63° with sunny skies. Took a nice ride in car to enjoy the sunny day. Will get tractor out and mow grass for the first time this year today.
Lots of white flower trees in blow during ride. This one is viewed out my kitchen window.
qSseLbE.jpg

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,277  
Good morning, the low is 22 and going to a high of 48°F. Wind NE 2 mph. Mix of sun and cloud.

Down to Sundridge today and then up to the tank supplier to get another swivel for the nozzle. The one I had I can't seem to get the 1" adapter off of. Get back from that and continue with the tank install.

Two bit, the very best of Walleye is between the vent and the fork in the tail (zero bones).

Helo, I have never seen a Scania nor a Man in Canada. That doesn't mean they are not here, just that I have never seen one.

Wagtail, Dodge and Chev dualies are stupid expensive here, too. And they don't need to be converted to RHD. Every supplier of anything is blaming the high prices on aligatoritus, I blame them on corporate greed.
For example, when I bought this house not including interest on the mortgage it cost $53,000.oo (power of sale). It was insured for 4 times that much. Fast forward to this year and it is now insured for 16 times the original sale price. Who is making a profit here? The insurance agent says it is because the insurance company is falling victim to insurance fraud. I say go after the fraudsters and leave the honest people alone. They wanted to jack it up another $300.oo this year. I bellyached and they immediately cut it back to last years price.I have never had a claim in 20 years of being with them. The first ten years I was with another company from Manitoba that couldn't understand (or were too stupid to understand) what vertical meant. I live in a vertical log home. As soon as you put the word log after vertical it automatically becomes horizontal.

I will continue with the tank install later today.

Drew, here is hoping you are feeling better.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #189,278  
Chilly this morning 37 heat running need to finish grass mowing got to wet Saturday and light rain yesterday

Prayers for all our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #189,280  
good morning all
31 degrees out and frost, not going to be a good thing for garden
very tired this morning,probably from being in bed for two days, at least less nauseous.
have doc appt at 8am so have to get moving for that, guess I'd better wear a mask.
I'm not sure what I have but stomach bug is highly contagious, washing hands most important,
and stays contagious for several days. Apparently spread often by folks who think because symptoms left they are ok.
no, not for several days.
living alone makes this easy for me.

I'm leaving tomorrow for two days to a campground 45 minutes away and having lunch with friends on Wed.
guess I'd better wear a mask to be sure

apparently this is the same stuff you get on cruise ships.
lumps and bumps of life

of course, now I wonder, where did I get this?