Got a Brown Tree Saw

/ Got a Brown Tree Saw #1  

lpigott

Gold Member
Tractor
BX2200 NH3930 M7060
I bought a new Brown Manufacturing tree saw and thus far it is working out nicely for my purposes. I could have paid someone to forestry mulch the areas I needed but the price to do so would have been as much as this implement cost and I also plan to use it in my side business of tractor and tree services. The main differance this provides, as compared to mulching, is that you will have to remove of burn the trees and brush removed. This is preferred by me as I did not want mulched debris left in my pasture and have no issue burning on my property and in my area. It is also far less disruptive to the ground compared to having an excavator dig everything out, provided stumps being left below ground is not an issue for you. I will be haying/mowing the areas I clear so this worked out good for me. As with any new attachment there is a learning curve but it does not take long to master this one. I have already cleared an impressive amount, far more than the pictures show, and do not have a ton of time invested. I actually spend much more time grappling and piling than cutting because the cutting part goes so fast and you have to keep the cut stuff cleared out of your way. If you had someone else on a skid steer with a grapple working along side you could really do some damage fast! They make make a version with a grapple on it and that would be good for the cedars. Since I already had a grapple I chose the push bar only version and it it working out nicely. Did I mention it is fun to operate too!

Attachments

• IMG_2491.JPG
    IMG_2491.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 834
  • IMG_2492.JPG
    IMG_2492.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 793
  • IMG_2493.JPG
    IMG_2493.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 1,096
  • IMG_2495.JPG
    IMG_2495.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 664
  • IMG_2497.JPG
    IMG_2497.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 674
   / Got a Brown Tree Saw #2  
Pretty cool! Never heard of such a thing. Perhaps you could post a short video of it in action?

/ Got a Brown Tree Saw #3  
OH, man, am I envious. I thin upwards of 900 small pines, annually, from my stands of Ponderosa pines. I do it with a smaller Stihl chain saw. FOR SURE - even in my situation - the dragging & piling is far more labor intensive than felling or chipping.

I've often considered an implement like you have. The only problem - I'm very selective in thinning and I don't think an implement such as that would allow selective thinning.

That is one fine land clearing piece of equipment. Everything falls before that unit.

/ Got a Brown Tree Saw #5  
"If you had someone else on a skid steer with a grapple working along side you..."

Or, if you had something like this on a skid steer!

/ Got a Brown Tree Saw
"If you had someone else on a skid steer with a grapple working along side you..."

Or, if you had something like this on a skid steer!

Ha, yeah then you would need two more with grapples to move the stuff!

/ Got a Brown Tree Saw #7  
Brown makes some of the finest attachments out there for cutting.

/ Got a Brown Tree Saw #8  
Can you share an update on this saw? Anymore photos or videos? I’ve often considered one for my tractor as well.

/ Got a Brown Tree Saw #10  
I have not seen that. It’s interesting, but certainly not for me. I wouldn’t want anything but my grapple on the front end! I think the saw on the back and the grapple on the front would be very useful.