Got asked to bid a very unusual project

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project #51  
I am no engineer so this is a very unprofessional thought.

Tie a small but wide boat off from both sides to keep the boat centered, bow facing upstream and working off the back of the boat use timber claw hook on a winch and winch them back to shore you would need a floating throw line (sky rope) to return the hook back to the boat.

You would need something like an aircraft crash barrier net downstream should the mess break loose.

Whatever you decide .... Good luck

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project #53  
Check out this log jam removal'

Work with the flow of the river
Use a rope that will break if needed

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project #54  
I don't remotely see how your gonna control the whole thing not letting go. I have destroyed dams in the past, one tree can let the entire thing go, and cranes are slow, your never going to stop it if it decides to let go.

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project #55  
If you take the job.... please do us a favor.

1. Set up a camera to record the entire event in wide angle AND a couple close up angles (multiple cameras)
2. Don't forget to take a swig of beer, crunch the can while you toss it and say "WATCH THIS"
3. Proceed....
4. Post videos

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project
I don't remotely see how your gonna control the whole thing not letting go. I have destroyed dams in the past, one tree can let the entire thing go, and cranes are slow, your never going to stop it if it decides to let go.
Thats exactly right.
Did a little more research and the next bridge is about 1 mile downstream. It is very old and actually slated for replacement this month and will take 20 months to complete

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project #57  
look into Flexifloats.
a few might be the ticket

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project #58  
I would just pass on this job, no bid, no quote, no interest in paying for damages if things go wrong.
The odds are always against you if you have never done this type of work before.
Water in motion is a powerful force!

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project #59  
Thats exactly right.
Did a little more research and the next bridge is about 1 mile downstream. It is very old and actually slated for replacement this month and will take 20 months to complete

Perfect. You should go ahead and bid on the demolition of that downstream bridge too. :cool:

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project #60