Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #71  
That is the deal here. Political discussions are off limits.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #72  
This 2014 news story said 80 lawsuits had been filed over the previous 10 years involving alleged flashbacks inside gas cans. At the time the 2014 story published, the gas can makers had just released the results of a 2012 industry funded study into flame arrestors in 2014. The industry study group was created in 2007. The story also stated that "The CPSC counted at least 11 deaths and 1,200 emergency room visits involving gas can explosions during the pouring of gasoline since 1998."

One has to wonder about the details of each accident. How many injuries happened when someone attempted to refuel a hot engine? Who tried to use gas as an accelerant to get a fire started? Who used a lighter to look inside a fuel tank? How severe were these injuries?

By comparison, youth sports account for 2.7 million ER visits annually. https://www.usnews.com/news/healthi...th sports, according to new federal estimates.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #73  
I think we need to remove all warning labels and let life sort dis out. We're in strong need of such in these times. People has lost the sense of reasoning and logic thinking.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #76  
I doubt anyone actually reads the warning labels other than the lawyers and products liability consultants hired by manufacturers to try to head off lawsuits.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #77  
That's because we're not allowing them to fail, pain is the best teacher in the world but nobody wants to go to his class.
I always told my kids "Stupid is supposed to hurt"

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #78  
I have always subscribed to...

Stupid should hurt.

It is a good check on society.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #79  
I have actually been to China. It is very dirty. In the Cities. In the Countryside, not as much but still dirty. At least they could build a HSR system without politicians stealing 3/4 of the money.

China was dirty before their industrialization and it is dirty now. And it will be dirty a hundred years from now.

You wanna see a real pig sty? Go to Port au Prince. The dirt and filth just kinda hangs in the air.

Not a bit of industrialization to be found on that miserable island. Not a bit. Open sewers, no garbage collection so people burn their garbage every day all day, which makes for a wonderful aroma. The feral dogs appreciate it, too.

Same thing in India. They were dirty before industrialization and they're dirty today.

The EPA was a good idea as founded by Richard Milhouse Nixon but he was warned that he might as well set up a hiring booth outside of Woodstock. He wasn't around long enough to make a difference.

The EPA has become a rogue organization that exists to serve itself and NOT The People. Half the people that work there are former Eco-terrorists. 4cereal

It usually goes -- College numbskull/econut, to the Sierra Club, to the EPA.

We. the USA. rebuilt the World after WWII. The great industrial powers of the world had been bombed into rubble. They needed equipment, tools and tooling, machines, tractors, cars -- The whole enchilada.

We sold it to them. After we made it. And with a lot of profit on the top end.

We were in War-Time productions mode and it had to end. The EPA was the WORST possible solution to an easily fixed problem. Virtually everything they did, they did wrong.

I know. I lived through it. I watch as they destroyed millions, and I mean MILLIONS of lives with their over-regulation and their hammer-fisted shut-downs of entire industries and the destruction of the greatest industrial region (The Great Lakes Area) in human history.

The EPA will not get any sympathy from me when the time comes. They need to be DESTROYED.

totally

completely

without mercy
I don't understand your rationale. USA was dirty before EPA and now is much cleaner. I'd rather live where i can drink water, breath air, eat food and my grandkids can do the same. But i'm probably not going to toss the baby out with the bath water, so there is that.

19 pcs Gas Can Spout Replacement Set, Gas Can Nozzle 5 Gal ,3 Bendable Tubes,3 Screw Collar Coarse Thread &3 Fine Thread-Fits Most of The Cans,3 Threaded caps ,6 Vent Caps 1 Drill Lid

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #80  
I don't understand your rationale. USA was dirty before EPA and now is much cleaner. I'd rather live where i can drink water, breath air, eat food and my grandkids can do the same. But i'm probably not going to toss the baby out with the bath water, so there is that.

19 pcs Gas Can Spout Replacement Set, Gas Can Nozzle 5 Gal ,3 Bendable Tubes,3 Screw Collar Coarse Thread &3 Fine Thread-Fits Most of The Cans,3 Threaded caps ,6 Vent Caps 1 Drill Lid
I can't click on that...wish it would work.