GR2100 reverse

/ GR2100 reverse #21  
I got around to making the changes over the last few days. It turned out well. Reverse is much better. I'll have to watch not to throw myself out of the seat now. Hopefully I can actually cut some grass this weekend to try it out. Its been dry and really hot the last week or so in South Western PA.

1. I ground off the little bit under the pedal so that it can go all the way down.
2. I adjusted the nuts that stop the pedal to match the new max Forward and max Reverse positions.
3. I adjusted the linkage part down under on the left side.
4. I removed the switch the shuts it off when going in reverse. I turn the blades off/on alot, and I never remember to hit the KRA switch.

Here are some of the other things that I've done with it. (Next year the winch will be mounted to the tractor not the blade. I was in a hurry when I rigged this up last December.)

KubotaPlow4.jpg

KubotaPlow2.jpg

KubotaLeafBlower007Medium.jpg

KubotaLeafBlower005Medium.jpg

KubotaLeafBlower004Medium.jpg

/ GR2100 reverse #22  
Glad to here your pleased with your results , it's surprising how such small adjustments can make such large improvements

/ GR2100 reverse #23  
Much of what you guys are talking about is not giving me a clear picture. Are we talking about a physical stop clearance on the throttle peddle? Is there something that prevents me from pushing down on the peddle all the way?

I'm on my second season with my GR2100 (~73 hours) and have always had problems backing up a hill compared to my forward movement. I haven't paid too much attention because I have been always able to manage without having to back up a significant grade.

45 degrees???? I'm glad to manage 36-40 degrees and sometimes, dependent on the humidity, cannot even get that far going forward (never could do it backward)

Opinion??? What is the safest angle to work sideways. I have a narrow steep hill behind my house (I could mow this hill with less than 4 passes with my 54" mow deck). It is not efficient to try to mow it up and down. I can confortably mow the top strip sideways but get very uncomfortable trying to mow the next strip. I usually finish it off with the push mower. I'm probably talking about less than 35 degrees but the GR2100 seems to have a much higher center of gravity than my old Cub Cadet; I managed this same hill with no concerns with the Cadet.