GR2100 reverse

/ GR2100 reverse #11  
dddd said:
Look for a 12mm ? threaded rod with a nut either side of the adjusting plate , you should also back off the adjusting bolts at the foot peddle at this stage and only resst on completion. I also took this opitunity to grind about 3mm off the stop lug on the bottom of the alloy foot peddle (giving you greater range)Any question's just ask

Go ahead, void your warranty by making an unauthorized modification to a flow control rod link!

/ GR2100 reverse #12  
Ob1kubota said:
Go ahead, void your warranty by making an unauthorized modification to a flow control rod link!
Actually nobody is suggesting modifications to any flow control rod link's.Have a nice day and keep smiling!!

/ GR2100 reverse #13  
do these Gr2100's utilize a viscious coupling type drive train? If so I dont care for that at all. I wouldent mind checking out one of these units but it sure does seem like it would not or should not run out of steam backing up a hill even at mid throttle.

/ GR2100 reverse
dddd said:
Look for a 12mm ? threaded rod with a nut either side of the adjusting plate , you should also back off the adjusting bolts at the foot peddle at this stage and only resst on completion. I also took this opitunity to grind about 3mm off the stop lug on the bottom of the alloy foot peddle (giving you greater range)Any question's just ask

Will I have any loss of forward speed by adjusting the rod. I looked at it and by adjusting to extend the reverse looks like I will shorted the forward. I haven't ried it yet though. I very much appreciate the input.

/ GR2100 reverse #15  
treitz said:
Will I have any loss of forward speed by adjusting the rod. I looked at it and by adjusting to extend the reverse looks like I will shorted the forward. I haven't ried it yet though. I very much appreciate the input.

If you over adjust it, yes, you will lose some forward motion. The trick is to adjust it so that the rear cam on the differential is at maximum forward ie. is adjusted so that it's against its stop, and no more.

/ GR2100 reverse #16  
Garrabo said:
do these Gr2100's utilize a viscious coupling type drive train? If so I dont care for that at all. I wouldent mind checking out one of these units but it sure does seem like it would not or should not run out of steam backing up a hill even at mid throttle.
Absolutly no

/ GR2100 reverse #17  
That's great to hear there is a way to speed up Reverse a bit. Its been my only complaint even if it is turns out to be a little at the expense of the Forward speed. When cutting grass, I do alot of quick small backups and it seems to take forever compared to the forward speed.

I have a GR2000. Last year I was able to back up a 48" lawn roller that weighs almost 900lbs up a 45 degree incline with no problems. It was only about 5 feet, but I had no problems even with the front wheels turned to about their max. The angle is steep enough that the deck was almost getting in the way at the bottom of the hill.

/ GR2100 reverse
I took some time and adjusted the linkage the other day and it made a world of difference. There is a fine line to where it is out of adjustment and that was all mine was. I am very happy with my GR and enjoy mowing with it. Thanks for all the advice. It worked!

/ GR2100 reverse #19  
treitz said:
I took some time and adjusted the linkage the other day and it made a world of difference. There is a fine line to where it is out of adjustment and that was all mine was. I am very happy with my GR and enjoy mowing with it. Thanks for all the advice. It worked!
Your welcome , don't forget you can get even more speed and response out of reverse by grinding a small amount of the bottom stop lug on the foot peddle , it makes a big difference.

/ GR2100 reverse #20  
mjtonini said:
That's great to hear there is a way to speed up Reverse a bit. Its been my only complaint even if it is turns out to be a little at the expense of the Forward speed. When cutting grass, I do alot of quick small backups and it seems to take forever compared to the forward speed.

I have a GR2000. Last year I was able to back up a 48" lawn roller that weighs almost 900lbs up a 45 degree incline with no problems. It was only about 5 feet, but I had no problems even with the front wheels turned to about their max. The angle is steep enough that the deck was almost getting in the way at the bottom of the hill.
Mine is as fast and responsive in reverse as forward