Grapple #2

/ Grapple #2 #1  

davedj1

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501
Built this for a friend of mine.
This one I built out of 3/8 steel, 6" stroke x 2" bore cylinder
even the tubing is 3/8 wall. It should serve him for many years.
VyO5MSf.jpg

D9TYVsol.jpg

HVA64Fnl.jpg

/ Grapple #2 #2  
Built this for a friend of mine.
This one I built out of 3/8 steel, 6" stroke x 2" bore cylinder
even the tubing is 3/8 wall. It should serve him for many years.
VyO5MSf.jpg

D9TYVsol.jpg

HVA64Fnl.jpg
I REALLY like the decorations on the gable end of your building!

/ Grapple #2
Thanks fried1765

/ Grapple #2 #4  
I’d recommend putting guards on the hoses on the cylinder and the back frame and changing the pin clips to bolts.

/ Grapple #2
The hose protection is enroute.
You think the pins might fall out? I hadn't really considered bolts there. 1" grade 8?
I'm trying to find some 1" bolts with grease fittings on the ends for the hinge points but I have had no luck finding them. I must be using the wrong search name.
Not sure what you mean by back frame? I like having it open to be able to see through it.

/ Grapple #2 #6  
The hose protection is enroute.
You think the pins might fall out? I hadn't really considered bolts there. 1" grade 8?
I'm trying to find some 1" bolts with grease fittings on the ends for the hinge points but I have had no luck finding them. I must be using the wrong search name.
Not sure what you mean by back frame? I like having it open to be able to see through it.

Just putting little bolts through the pins in place of the cotter and linch pins would probably work. I meant putting a guard over the hydraulic hose were it sticks about the back frame.

/ Grapple #2
Just putting little bolts through the pins in place of the cotter and linch pins would probably work. I meant putting a guard over the hydraulic hose were it sticks about the back frame.
Gotchya
I have some fire hose on order for hose protection. I hadn't thought about a small bolt in place of the pins but I'll look into it. I can see where they may bet snagged and yanked out of the pin.

/ Grapple #2 #9  
Amazing work - I love it, and I'm even partial to that colour. Great job :)

/ Grapple #2
Amazing work - I love it, and I'm even partial to that colour. Great job :)
Thank you
What do you have in materials. How many hours labor Looks great
I think about $200 in material including cylinder and hoses , labor wasn't too bad but way more grinding than really needed as I traced a wooden template with the plasma cutter. Of course the material is up now. I now have some CAD drawings so I can have the parts cut on a cnc plasma table which will eliminate a lot of hand work and make it go together much faster. I plan on building them and selling them for sub 35hp tractors. I'll get enough parts cut to build two at a time. Thank you