Grapple #2

/ Grapple #2 #11  
you need to move far west young man ... Like Washington State :) then I'd have a half a chance of buying one

/ Grapple #2 #13  
   / Grapple #2 #14  
Thank you

I think about $200 in material including cylinder and hoses , labor wasn't too bad but way more grinding than really needed as I traced a wooden template with the plasma cutter. Of course the material is up now. I now have some CAD drawings so I can have the parts cut on a cnc plasma table which will eliminate a lot of hand work and make it go together much faster. I plan on building them and selling them for sub 35hp tractors. I'll get enough parts cut to build two at a time. Thank you
How much do they weigh, and how much for one? I live a couple hours from you in CT and am in the market for a 48" grapple. PM me if you want.

/ Grapple #2
How much do they weigh, and how much for one? I live a couple hours from you in CT and am in the market for a 48" grapple. PM me if you want.
I'm not sure on both accounts with the price of steel right now. I tried to keep it light enough for our smaller tractors. I am in the process of getting parts cut with a cnc plasma table. I will give you a shout once I get prices.
I have used mine extensively and love it, I don't think it weights 200#

/ Grapple #2
When I can get some time I think will try make one of
these as you don't remove your bucket: Single Add-A-Grapple for Sale - Ask Tractor Mike-Ozark, MO
probably cost $500 or less for parts cylinder & valve
less than $300 any ideas?????

willy
I built a similar set up on my last tractor, it puts a tremendous amount of stress on the top of the bucket (bent mine and had to install a heavy angle iron to reinforce it) plus you can't see through the bucket. One thing I also did with it was to add some short forks in the corners of the bucket, that helped a lot. After looking at your pic again, I suppose if you set your relief low it might be OK. Shot around for cylinders, ebay has some decent deals for smaller ones.

/ Grapple #2 #18  
Built this for a friend of mine.
This one I built out of 3/8 steel, 6" stroke x 2" bore cylinder
even the tubing is 3/8 wall. It should serve him for many years.
VyO5MSf.jpg

D9TYVsol.jpg

HVA64Fnl.jpg

Attachments

• 20191218_131021.jpg
    20191218_131021.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 85
   / Grapple #2 #19  
You don't attach anything to the center of bucket its
bolted on the top sides of the bucket

willy