Grapple decisions....

/ Grapple decisions.... #21  
Ted - FINALLY, somebody who can see thru all the smoke and mirrors. What really surprises me - - if the tractor manufacturers are "marketing" big numbers - - why do they rate their FEL at max lift and out at 800mm( ~ 32" ) beyond the pivot pins. They would get much higher numbers if they used 400mm( ~ 16" ) or even max lift AT the pivot pins.

In any case - I AM NOT stacking monster rocks or pine logs at the max lift height of my FEL - so their published figures are of little or no value to me.

The numbers that do represent the way in which I use the grapple are - - 500mm( ~ 20" ) above the ground - 400mm( ~ 16" ) beyond the pivot pins.

The other thing that must be recognized - that which can be lifted to a height of 20 " off the ground - may be well beyond anything safe if you go anywhere near max lift height. If you can not recognize this - - well, I hope you have good insurance on both yourself and your equipment. Just because you can get it up - doesn't mean it is safe - if you get my meaning.

Have a great day..........

/ Grapple decisions....
So Ted, what grapple would you recommend for my use and tractor?

/ Grapple decisions.... #23  
So Ted, what grapple would you recommend for my use and tractor?

This is Travis.
We definitely have choices....great choices. I would definitely not consider going much over 400 pounds.

I'll break a few down for ya.

Root Rake Style Grapples

The dozer-like tine geometry of the rake style promotes a tractor's ability to push the tines through the ground with ease.
The root rake style allows you to pull brush, vines and other debris backwards, which isn't recommended with many long bottom grapples. Besides pulling backwards, you can also pull down. Reach up and snap a limb off the tree if you feel like it.
The root rake style will easier "unload", so you can hover over the trailer, dumpster, pile, etc., open it up and whatever you've captured is gone!

We have two rake style candidates for your machine...

Capacity maximizer = Wicked 55 Root Rake Grapple
Just over 200 pounds.

KiotiCK26103es.jpg

KiotiCK26108.jpg

KiotiCK2610ees.jpg

With an 1835 pound lift capacity to full height at the pins...the CK3510 isn't what I call starving for lift capacity.

Our 60" Wicked Grapple rake is a BRUTE. It weighs just over 400 pounds, so you'll give up some capacity and gain strength.

KubotaL2501seigel3e.jpg

KubotaL3800 (2)s.jpg

KubotaL6060s.jpg

/ Grapple decisions.... #24  
Original Wicked Long Bottom Wicked Grapples

These are the ones that started the Lightweight Grapple Revolution. Legendary Wicked here. Race Car Inspired.
Because of the unique tine design, you will be able to push our unobstructed long-bottom Wicked Grapple tines through the ground.
You should be able to grab a larger pile of brush or hold multiple logs with the traditional Wicked style because you can cradle and physically fit more inside it's "mouth". You can cradle things(logs, boulders, etc) with the flat bottom and stack items on it for transport. Heck, someone used it as a saw table recently. Our superior Wicked tine design is a step above any other long bottom grapple on the market!

For maneuverability I like 60" or 54", but width is debatable.
There's little weight difference between all of them, so it really boils down to what you like.
Single vs dual lid has about as much to do with personal preference as functionality. The single lid pics submitted by customers are impressive to say the least, but there are some situations where dual gets my vote. Dual lids clamp extremely awkward loads more efficiently and will grab loose material like firewood better.

Single lid model

26219424_10102644395537326_5871485883322749163_ne.jpg

26685358_10102645225708656_5086993995940677121_os.jpg

60singleCK35102es.jpg

Dual lid model

66dualtoolcat5.jpg

60dualKubotaM622s.jpg

/ Grapple decisions.... #25  
Kioti dealers have been using this Custom True 3rd Function Hydraulic Kit for years. It's $837 and an easy install. Take $50 off when you purchase with a Wicked Grapple.
A bracket to hold the hoses to the loader torque tube is now included(shown below).
Travis

KiotiCK26103ee.jpg

/ Grapple decisions.... #26  
Kioti dealers have been using this Custom True 3rd Function Hydraulic Kit for years. It's $837 and an easy install. Take $50 off when you purchase with a Wicked Grapple.
A bracket to hold the hoses to the loader torque tube is now included(shown below).
Travis

View attachment 578206

It痴 been awhile since I致e posted anything. On this I will chime. I致e used several 4 n 1 buckets on friends tractors. Four years ago I purchased a b3200 and have since bought 7 attachments and made 2 additional myself. One was a 55 inch root grapple from everything attachments. The reasons: light weight,, they use ar400 steel which is consistent thru and thru meaning other brands (big name) tend to bend. This grapple is awesome I致e used it the way they (EA) has tried to destroy it. They ARE very friendly and answered all my detailed questions,,,, by far THE BEST grapple on the market and lightest, strongest, durable. I can稚 speak highly enough about this attachment, or company. It is very versatile,,,, only older woods/gill do I also give this credit to!!!!

/ Grapple decisions.... #27  
One thing for sure: any grapple is better than no grapple if you need one! I couldn't wait for an EA, so I got another brand that is more than 100 pounds heavier (and likely cheaper steel), but half the price. I recently had five large trees dropped; they all were leaning toward the house, so they were chopped from the top. I saved a bunch of money cleaning up the brush and moving the logs謡ay more than I paid for the grapple.
Mine is a "flat bottom", but I found I couldn't really run it under stuff; I essentially need to raise it up, point it at the ground, and push into the brush whilst closing the lids.

/ Grapple decisions.... #28  
EA, On the 3rd function. I have about the same bracket. I want to take it off and bend it, so that the connections are more parallel to the ground with the FEL lowered. I think it will be easier to connect. I find the flat face connector very hard to connect.

/ Grapple decisions.... #29  
EA, On the 3rd function. I have about the same bracket. I want to take it off and bend it, so that the connections are more parallel to the ground with the FEL lowered. I think it will be easier to connect. I find the flat face connector very hard to connect.

I can see that being a good option. The grapple style can change configuration preferences.
Some prefer the hose saver spring kit we offer to keep them out of the way and add some flexibility.
Travis

hosesavers.jpg