Grapple For BX23

/ Grapple For BX23 #1  

AKKubota

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2520
I am considering purchasing a BX23. Does anyone know of a grapple kit / bucket for use on the BX? I contacted ATI and they said there GK4866 won't work bcz of the center cyclinder on the FEL. Suggestions?

/ Grapple For BX23
Perfect, thanks.

/ Grapple For BX23 #5  
Jeff at American Solutions has a grapple setup for the BX22.
Because of the hydraulic changes in the BX23 the setup won't work as is. Because he doesn't have a BX23 and the nearest one is 40 miles away I have been working with him a little on getting the new setup going (I hope I have dibs on the first one /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ).
It looks like the new setup "might" be using electrically operated valves to select between the curl cylinder and the grapple cylinder via a switch mounted on the loader control handle. This will solve some issues with not getting full pressure to the grapple cylinder as well as save hydraulic hose and control valve mounting problems.
He was supposed to get some selctor valves in monday so he is very close to getting it going. If the valve bracket he sent me is any indication the grapple will be top quality fabrication.

/ Grapple For BX23
Excellent info, thanks again. I've spoken with a couple of dealers and nobody knew anything about who to approach on this. Let me know when this is ready.

/ Grapple For BX23 #7  
Keep us posted I am ready to order one for my bx 23

/ Grapple For BX23 #8  
I will keep everyone "posted" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Grapple For BX23 #9  
I spoke with Jeff today and he has the setup working on his Bx22. He is waiting on a hydrualic expert to check it over just to make sure.
Junkman has the original design on his BX22 and if you do a search on his name you should come up some threads. Junkman cannot post to the forums at this time and has asked me to relay his e-mail to any interested parties upon request. So if you want to contact Junkman just PM me or whatever.

/ Grapple For BX23 #10  
Looks like it's going to be 2 or 3 weeks before the grapple ships.
I can hardly wait