Grapple for Kioti DK40se (41hp)?

/ Grapple for Kioti DK40se (41hp)? #1  

Gooch79

Tractor
Kioti DK40se HST
I have decided to get a grapple for my Kioti DK40se (41hp). I have bought several things from Everything Attachments and have been looking at their "Wicked Root Grapple 2.0," which seems to fit my needs. I will be using this to clean up trees and stuff from our property. Does anyone have any recommendations for the EA grapple, or any others? Also, what size? I am not an expert, so any help is welcome.

Last edited:
   / Grapple for Kioti DK40se (41hp)? #2  
I have it on my 38hp Kubota. Its a great tool. I've used it to clear and move good sized logs in the woods as well as pick up some pretty big potatoes to be used as landscape features. For me it's a must have and a joy to use.

20210917_134004_resized.jpg

/ Grapple for Kioti DK40se (41hp)? #3  
I have decided to get a grapple for my Kioti DK40se (41hp). I have bought several things from Everything Attachments and have been looking at their "Wicked Root Grapple 2.0," which seems to fit my needs. I will be using this to clean up trees and stuff from our property. Does anyone have any recommendations for the EA grapple, or any others? Also, what size? I am not an expert, so any help is welcome.

Attachments

• tempImageBrYaSU.jpg
    tempImageBrYaSU.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 493

Attachments

• tempImageAuMGr9.jpg
    tempImageAuMGr9.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 569

/ Grapple for Kioti DK40se (41hp)? #5  
If you're looking to move heavy logs then you want to pay attention to the grapple's weight. The heavier the grapple the less log weight you can lift.

I have an EA wicked grapple, the long lower tine type. I think that's a good compromise for handling both logs and brush. If you're just handling logs there are dedicated log grapples which are lighter and cost less. Short tine root rake grapples might do a little better on logs but have less capacity for brush.

One drawback to the log tine style is that when I pick up a heavy log I may not be able to curl the loader back. The long tine puts the log's CG a bit farther from the pins if you picked the log up from above. This may not be an issue for another loader. A few times I have ended up carrying a log with the grapple facing down.

I have a 60" wide grapple and could have gone with a 55" or even 50". I thought I'd be able to grab firewood rounds with the grapple and wanted the extra width for that but it turns out that's not easy. I changed how I process wood so I don't do that unless the logs are so large that the grapple's jaws won't go around them. For logs and brush a slightly narrower grapple would work just as well.

/ Grapple for Kioti DK40se (41hp)? #6  
Here's a TBN thread I made on the subject: Which Grapple Guide

Also, if you're on facebook, there's always some awesome grapple activity! EA Channel Group

How about some testing fun with our most popular grapple, the Wicked 55
Travis

/ Grapple for Kioti DK40se (41hp)? #7  
Have 54” wicked on the [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] B26 and love it. Don’t want your grapple too wide compared to a GP bucket. Dual lid, long bottom a must for my brush work.

Added front grill protection a must have.
IMG_0663.JPG

IMG_2017.JPG

/ Grapple for Kioti DK40se (41hp)? #8  
I had my dealer install a 4 foot CID grapple on my little 23 hp Massey. He did all the hydraulic hook up. I have a little rocker switch on the loader joy stick . I can operate everything with one hand. I love mine and I bet you will love yours.

Attachments

• Little Massey brush pile.JPG
    Little Massey brush pile.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 53
   / Grapple for Kioti DK40se (41hp)? #9  
I am currently shopping for a grapple for my 40 hp tractor. I am leaning towards this one.

/ Grapple for Kioti DK40se (41hp)? #10  
I have a Homestead Implements Pinnacle Root grapple that I'm VERY satisfied with. They are light, my 72'' grapple weighs 366#

IMG_2633.jpg