Which WICKED Grapple? A Guide.

/ Which WICKED Grapple? A Guide. #1  

EverythingAttachments

Elite Member
Tractor
Which One do you want to know about?
Which Wicked Grapple?
There really is no easy answer, so I came up with this "guide" to choosing the best grapple. Feel free to add your Wicked thoughts.
Descriptive photos for certain tasks will also be helpful. We can use this as a resource for new grapple shoppers!
Travis

First!!
Whatever you do...Demand The Best and Choose Wicked.
We know grapples because we use grapples. Not just for glamour shots and videos, either.
To maintain and maximize your tractor's lift capacity and agility, you MUST choose a properly sized grapple. We have IDEALLY sized and weighted grapples for various tractor sizes, so we can help you choose the BEST for yours.
If you want the best advice when choosing the IDEAL grapple for your tractor and application, decide to buy a Wicked Grapple and consult with the pros at Everything Attachments! You will NOT be disappointed.

WickedCalm.JPG

Root Rake Style:
The dozer-like tine geometry of the rake style promotes a tractor's ability to push the tines through the ground with ease.
The root rake style allows you to pull brush, vines and other debris backwards, which isn't recommended with many long bottom grapples. Besides pulling backwards, you can also pull down. Reach up and snap a limb off the tree if you feel like it. The root rake style will easier "unload", so you can hover over the trailer, dumpster, pile, etc., open it up and whatever you've captured is gone!

Kubota BX
We make the best root rake style grapple for Kubota BX tractors with a 3 pin configuration. At 150 pounds, lift capacity is maximized.
The serrated upper and lower tines will hold the load and greasable pivot points are a must! We even added the bolt in runners like our 55 has!
EA Root Rake Grapple for Kubota BX

48BX25D3.JPG

20170105_072758s.jpg

Subcompact and small compact tractors under 40HP
Our 200 pound Wicked 55 rake style grapple has been amazingly popular and effective on subcompact and small compact tractors under 40 horsepower. It really ups a tractor's ability if it is starving for lift capacity.
Wicked 55 Root Rake Grapple for tractors under 40HP

JD2032R4es.jpg

KubotaL39014.jpg

35-65+HP Tractors
If you love the 55, but need heavier due to tractor size, our new Wicked 60 rake style grapple is it's juiced up bro. It is a 400 pound versatile brute unlike any other rake style grapple on the market.
3/8" AR400 construction and an added 3rd lid hinge makes it VERY rigid and capable!
Wicked 60 Root Rake Grapple for 35-65+HP Tractors

20180309_112209s.jpg

20180313_174159ess.jpg

35-70HP Tractors
If the main objective is sinking the tines in the ground to rip roots and stumps, our Xtreme Root Rake Grapple has longer, rigid, and aggressive 1/2" tines for all out root demolition! It also has fewer tines, so a tractor will be able to push it through the ground more efficiently. Having fewer upper and lower tines does make it less versatile for other grappling needs such as handling finer, loose material such as hay/manure or split firewood.
EA Xtreme Root Rake Grapple for tractors up to 70HP

60rrg3039Res.jpg

IMG_9620s.jpg

Original Wicked Long Bottom Models:
Because of the unique tine design, you will also be able to push our unobstructed long-bottom Wicked Grapple tines through the ground.
You should be able to grab a larger pile of brush with the traditional Wicked style because you can cradle and physically fit more inside it's "mouth". You can cradle things(logs, boulders, etc) with the flat bottom and stack items on it for transport. Heck, someone used it as a saw table recently. Our superior Wicked tine design is a step above any other long bottom grapple on the market!

Tractors under 35HP
If you have a tractor under 35 horsepower, prefer the longer bottom, and want to keep the weight down, our 50" single lid model, which weighs under 300 pounds, is probably the one for you!
50" Single Lid Wicked Grapple for tractors under 35HP

Capture14s.jpg

50singleL33016e.png

Compact tractors with 35-65HP
The ones that started it all. Original Wicked here. Race Car Inspired.
For maneuverability I like 60 or 66? but width is debatable.
There's little weight difference between all of them, so it really boils down to what you like.
Single vs dual lid has about as much to do with personal preference as it does functionality. The single lid pics submitted by customers are impressive to say the least, but there are some situations where dual gets my vote. Dual lids clamp extremely awkward loads more efficiently and will grab loose material like firewood better.
Single Lid Wicked Grapple for Compact Tractors
Dual Lid Wicked Grapple for Compact Tractors

4eee.jpg

60dualL406022es.jpg

66singleL47015s.jpg

wickedcompares.jpg

Large Compact & Utility Tractors with up to 75HP
This grapple ups the opening to 42", which increases capacity and weight(only to the 600 pound range) for the bigger tractors. If you have a larger compact tractor like our L6060, Kioti NX, JD 4066R, and are more concerned with capacity than maximizing your lifting ability, these guys may be for you.
Single Lid Wicked Grapple for Large Compact and Utility Tractors
Dual Lid Wicked Grapple for Large Compact and Utility Tractors

IMG_1772ees.jpg

20170126_101422s.jpg

73dual5075e.jpg

Large Utility Tractors up to 125HP

Big guys matter, too, so demand pushed us to make the largest Wicked Grapple in existence. Ted tested with the Kubota M6-141, so we know it's STRONG.
It maintains our signature Wicked serrations and adds an exclusive EA design feature: Serrated Bolt in Wicked plates for shearing and ripping.
Dual Lid Wicked Grapple for Large Utility Tractors

20160809_133954es.jpg

If you need a 3rd function kit to actuate the grapple, we have you covered there as well.
Custom 3rd Function Hydraulic Kit
Take $50 when buying the grapple and kit together.

It's hard to believe...
It all started with ONE!!!

2012-12-21_10 12 39 (2)s.jpg

/ Which WICKED Grapple? A Guide. #2  
Nice thread! One of the pics looks familiar :D Love it!!

Last edited:
   / Which WICKED Grapple? A Guide. #3  
Decisions decisions.

/ Which WICKED Grapple? A Guide. #5  
Good thread! My Kubota will get a third function and grapple this summer and it's nice to see them compared in one place!

/ Which WICKED Grapple? A Guide.
Good thread! My Kubota will get a third function and grapple this summer and it's nice to see them compared in one place!

I'm glad it's useful, Chris! It's also helpful to me because people ask the question all the time. Now, I can simply link the thread. :thumbsup:
I still like grapple picking based on specific applications as well, so don't hesitate to call or ask questions!!
Travis

I didn't have any action pics of our newest rake style Wicked 60 at the time, so I'll add them.
We're recommending the 400 pound range Wicked 60 for compact tractors. For larger machines, we have a brand new 66", 600 pound range Wicked rake style on the horizon!
Travis

Kubota MX5800

KubotaMX58002es.jpg

KubotaMX58005es.jpg

KubotaMX58006es.jpg

KubotaMX58007s.jpg

KubotaMX58009e.jpg

KubotaMX58008e.jpg

More freshly submitted pics of the Wicked 60 on a Kubota L4060.

KubotaL4060schmauch.jpg

KubotaL40602schmauch.jpg

KubotaL40603schmauch.jpg

While I'm on the rake style, I'll show off the versatility.

Sure, any grapple should pick up a simple log. Wicked 55 rake style on a Case DX40.

casedx402ee.jpg

Not many will allow a subcompact to pick up a log like this subcompact John Deere 1025R with our Wicked 55.

JD1025R5ee.jpg

Multiple logs have proven not to be a problem, as shown with Joe's Deere 2038R.

JD2038r7s.jpg
:eek:

Or with this Kioti CK35.

KiotiCK355e.jpg

Or the TYM T233.

TYMT233es.jpg

Large rocks? Check.

kubotaB262es.jpg

I didn't even realize it's ability to pick up multiple rocks, as this B2650 is showing off. Again, this is a B SERIES, guys!!

KubotaB265011.jpg

My customers have proven to me that the cradling ability of a long bottom grapple isn't totally necessary to pick up large objects. Here's another subcompact/small compact Mahindra MAX showing off a maximized lifting ability!

MahindraMax26e.jpg

MahindraMax262e.jpg

Finally...Brush? This Kubota L2501 says YES, Please.

KubotaL25017.JPG

KubotaL25012s.jpg

KubotaL25019.jpg

Kioti CK35 agrees!

KiotiCK352ees.jpg

I tend to get a little carried away with pics, but, seriously, what other manufacturer/dealer on the Planet has access to such awesome depictions of their product??
We are very fortunate and totally grateful for our Awesome, Proud Customers!! #EAcustomersRock!!
Travis

The Original Long Bottom Wicked Grapple IS capable of some things I can't see a rake style doing as efficiently...

John Deere 2520R transporting the chainsaw with a Wicked 50.

50singleJD2520Rs.jpg

Kubota B2620 reaching further below grade to grab some pesky rubbish with the Wicked 50.

50singleB26205s.jpg

50singleB26206s.jpg

Kubota L3301 hoisting shingles and a ladder with a Wicked 50.

50singleL3301b.jpg

John Deere 2025R with neatly stacked firewood on the Wicked 50.

50singleJD2025R2.jpg

John Deere 3046R with a larger firewood collection on the 60" Single Lid Wicked.

60singleJD3046r19.jpg

You can probably get a bigger bite of snow with one, as this Deere 110 has captured with a Dual Lid Wicked 60.

60dualJD1105s.jpg

60dualJD1106s.jpg

Eric's Mahindra 2538 carrying his bucket PLUS the box blade in a 60" Single Lid Wicked.

60singlemahindra253823.jpg

Kubota L6060 lawnmower transport with a 73" Dual Lid Wicked for large compact and utility tractors! :shocked:

73dualL60603.jpg

73dualL60602e.jpg

Kubota M7060 showing off the tractor hiding, brush moving capacity advantage with a 73" Dual Lid Wicked for large compact and utility tractors!!

73dualM7060s.jpg

New Holland T4.75 doing the same!!!

73dualT4.7510es.jpg

Attachments

• 60dualJD1105.jpg
    60dualJD1105.jpg
    635 KB · Views: 382
  • 60dualJD1106.jpg
    60dualJD1106.jpg
    670.3 KB · Views: 425