Grapple for Subcompact like the JD 1025R & Kubota B/BX

/ Grapple for Subcompact like the JD 1025R & Kubota B/BX
The Kubota pin-on style quick attach hooks the top pins, but you still slide the bottom pins in. This is a little less painful.
This tractor is a B2920 with LA364 loader.
Travis

50singleb29204.jpg

Last edited:
   / Grapple for Subcompact like the JD 1025R & Kubota B/BX #12  
I would prefer it to be a little less painful.

:)

Bruce

/ Grapple for Subcompact like the JD 1025R & Kubota B/BX #13  
I'll start another thread about pin-ons so I don't clutter this one.

I would prefer it to be a little less painful.

:)

Bruce

Good call. :thumbsup:
I had typed a little less painless. haha
Fixed.
Stuff like that happens sometimes when I multitask.
My excuse for the moment is pizza. :laughing:
Travis

Last edited:
I'll start another thread about pin-ons so I don't clutter this one.

The discussion fits and is welcome in this thread.
Travis

/ Grapple for Subcompact like the JD 1025R & Kubota B/BX #17  
Travis,
You know I saw your grapple from a post I did before. And now the more I look the question I have is what is the smallest the opening is when shut?? Looks kind of big if you want to drive up and grab small log sections and they would flop around in there and not be held tight.
So what is the smallest jaw opening?
Next question is do you have a lightweight root rake style grapple in the making? I like the way you took the weight out of the Wicked Root Grapple by cutting away material in the parts. That root rake style grapple looks like it can close down way more than this one and would be something I would like better.. Maybe a little less Jaw opening and a single cylinder design?
Everything Attachments Tractor Loader Root Rake Grapple
Thanks,
Still looking, Kev.

/ Grapple for Subcompact like the JD 1025R & Kubota B/BX #18  
You know I saw your grapple from a post I did before. And now the more I look the question I have is what is the smallest the opening is when shut?? Looks kind of big if you want to drive up and grab small log sections and they would flop around in there and not be held tight.
So what is the smallest jaw opening?
Next question is do you have a lightweight root rake style grapple in the making? That looks like it can close down way more than this one.
Thanks,
Still looking, Kev.

I don't know if you addressed this to me or not, but the smallest opening is zero inches. The upper lid comes into direct contact with the matching lower tines. You can pickup a pencil if you wanted to.

/ Grapple for Subcompact like the JD 1025R & Kubota B/BX #19  
I don't know if you addressed this to me or not, but the smallest opening is zero inches. The upper lid comes into direct contact with the matching lower tines. You can pickup a pencil if you wanted to.

I was not sure who I was asking Is it Travis who works for EA? I see what your saying and I have been looking at EA Wicked Root Grapple and it looks like the jaws will close to the lower matching tines but stops there and you would still have the arch opening behind that. Can someone post a picture of one closed all the way? If you look at the root rake style grapple it looks like the top clamp can go past the lower tines and leave very little between the two parts so you could pinch small branches and stuff.