Grapple Overload - MX5800 Needs A Grapple

/ Grapple Overload - MX5800 Needs A Grapple #21  
Here we go, another grapple thread...

Basically because I got overloaded looking for a grapple.

Here is what I have:
Kubota MX5800

What I need to do:
Pick up tree trunks
large limbs
misc branches from cutting down trees.

I do not plan to use it to pop roots up or anything. I will basically use it to help clean up downed trees after storms. It won't be used a ton, but I only want to buy one grapple. I also don't have a ton of money to put towards an attachment that won't get used a ton.

Suggestions?

My Kubota dealer said $1,000 to purchase and have them install a Land Pride 3rd function kit. It doesn't look complicated, I just wanted to see where they were at.

I bought a grapple from EA and the 3rd function kit... easy peasy and great grapple.

/ Grapple Overload - MX5800 Needs A Grapple #22  
View attachment 615080 View attachment 615085 My 2009 Kubota M6040. Land Pride SGC1560 rock & root grapple @ 820 pounds - 60" wide. With 1500# of RimGuard in the rear tires and a 1050# Rhino 950 - 96" rear blade - - total tractor weight - 10,100#.

Primary use for the grapple - pick and move very large rocks & pick and move large chunks of ancient Ponderosa pine trunk.

With the RimGuard in the rear tires & Rhino rear blade - I can lift a 3000# tree trunk before it gets "light in the loafers".

I have pine log & rock weight charts( got off the internet). So I have a pretty good idea what that rock or chunk of tree trunk will weigh before I lift either.

I have the WR Long third function electric over hydraulic system controlling the grapple.

The grapple and control system weren't cheap - even with the dealer discount. Grapple - $3175. WR Long controls - $1175. Installed by the Kubota dealer. Prices include installation. I've had the grapple a little over five years now. Also use it to move dirt - wide open - straight down on the ground - apply down pressure - close grapple - move large grapple load of dirt to wherever. Use either the top or bottom lid to back drag to smooth disked areas.

Once the grapple was installed - never gone back to the bucket.

Final note - do something like I did in the second picture if you get a grapple. Could save your grill, radiator or battery.

With all that explaining, you lost me when you said you never go back to the bucket. So you actually don't use your FEL for it's intended use? :)

/ Grapple Overload - MX5800 Needs A Grapple #23  
With all that explaining, you lost me when you said you never go back to the bucket. So you actually don't use your FEL for it's intended use? :)

It's intended use is for front end loading. He's got that covered with a grapple.

/ Grapple Overload - MX5800 Needs A Grapple #24  
Here we go, another grapple thread...

Basically because I got overloaded looking for a grapple.

Here is what I have:
Kubota MX5800

What I need to do:
Pick up tree trunks
large limbs
misc branches from cutting down trees.

I do not plan to use it to pop roots up or anything. I will basically use it to help clean up downed trees after storms. It won't be used a ton, but I only want to buy one grapple. I also don't have a ton of money to put towards an attachment that won't get used a ton.

Suggestions?

My Kubota dealer said $1,000 to purchase and have them install a Land Pride 3rd function kit. It doesn't look complicated, I just wanted to see where they were at.

Get the wicked grapple with root capabilities. When I bought my tractor new I rolled the Land pride grapple into the loan and now wished I would have just bought the wicked grapple. For the same price I paid for the Land pride I could have got a much sturdier wicked grapple.

/ Grapple Overload - MX5800 Needs A Grapple #25  
   / Grapple Overload - MX5800 Needs A Grapple #27  
It's intended use is for front end loading. He's got that covered with a grapple.

YEP....intended use, pick up heavy things, mission accomplished with a grapple.