Grappling fun - A Picture Thread....

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #11  
Sweet! I have grapple envy. :)

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread....
To the OP....That's a lot of dope.!! :laughing:

Awesome pictures.!!:thumbsup:

Post more and more and more....

One suggestion....You need more ballast.

You are absolutely right! :laughing: Since those pics I have added a heavy duty box blade that is 1,000lbs. It does make a huge difference in stability, I also have the rears filled with Rimguard and I think that is about 1100 lbs in the tires. I think I should have bought a bigger tractor :laughing:

I added hydraulics to the rear for the hydraulic scarifiers as well as top n tilt. I documented it here if anyone is interested...
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/232020-how-i-added-rear-remote.html

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #13  
this thread is going to cost me a lot of money. i have to have one in the worst way. i have 76 acres of blown down trees (only 5 acres really really bad) and 40 acres that was logged 8 years ago, also really rocky. tractor without a grapple is almost worthless.

nice pictures!

RackLuster,
I was in the exact same boat as you (as far as being talked into one by threads on here) and I can't tell you how glad I am that I decided to purchase the grapple. I was on the fence for a while, I didn't really want to shell out the cash, but I justified it when I took everyones word that they are well 'worth it'. I decided that if it really does allow me to use my tractor that much more, then it should be a good 'value' sort of speak.

Honestly, I never expected it to be as useful as it is. I believe the last time I used my bucket was June or July of last year. I would have used it for snow but we didn't have much, aside from that, all I use is the grapple.

I will be doing some similar work in a few weeks with a lot of tree work. I'll post more pics after I get it done. I am looking forward to playing in the woods (I tell my wife I'm not looking forward to all that "work" but with the grapple it's more like playing) :laughing: It really does make THAT much of a difference!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #15  
Don't take allot of photos, but here are some I got the other day moving some logs.

7068864073_c1e05f49e3_b.jpg

6922783728_e2f4013621_b.jpg

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #16  
Thanks to this place I couldn't resist either! I'm glad I got one.

HPIM1804.jpg

HPIM1801.jpg

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #18  
Great pics in a beautiful woodlot! :thumbsup:

Thanks! It's hard to believe but those pics were taken Jan. 6th this year and there is NO snow. At that time last year there was 20" on the ground. That is why I have the snow blade on the back.

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #20  
Here's my donation to the thread - a couple pictures of last year when I was moving some brush around to burn.

Attachments

• 2011-06-20_19-01-56_174.jpg
    2011-06-20_19-01-56_174.jpg
    510.7 KB · Views: 1,665
  • 2011-06-20_19-01-37_632.jpg
    2011-06-20_19-01-37_632.jpg
    497.3 KB · Views: 1,799