Grease Ignorant Poster-Kubota Polyurea

/ Grease Ignorant Poster-Kubota Polyurea #11  
I have a Lock N Lube too. Best investment for the grease gun that I have. Worth every penny. :thumbsup:

/ Grease Ignorant Poster-Kubota Polyurea #12  
Here we go! Who cares about the grease... Just Lock N Lube!!!

/ Grease Ignorant Poster-Kubota Polyurea #13  
Someone also posted that there is another grease coupling like the Lock-N-Lube but smaller. Might as well keep this off topic:)

/ Grease Ignorant Poster-Kubota Polyurea #14  
You can use this easily.

It's easy to find at a HF location or other places sell it too.

14 Oz Sta-Lubeョ Sta-Plexョ Extreme Pressure Premium Red Grease

Red Moly EP Grease, I use it on my loaders and equipment work well and low wash out.

I have used STA-PLEX Extreme Pressure Red Grease (SL3190) for years in many pieces of industrial/agricultural equipment and it is an excellent product. In fact, it's pretty much the only grease I use.

That said, even though it is an high performance grease, there is no moly additive in Extreme Pressure Red Grease SL3190.
The PDS (product data sheet) is linked herein:
http://crcindustries.com/auto/?s=SL3190

CRC does market a moly- and graphite-additive grease, MOLY-GRAPH Extreme Pressure Multipurpose Grease SL3330.
The PDS (product data sheet) is linked herein:
http://crcindustries.com/auto/?s=SL3330

n.b.
Both of the above are lithium soap base greases, and therefore can be interchanged in a bearing without the complication of having to first completely clean the bearing of old grease.

wrooster

IMG_4465.JPG

IMG_4471.JPG

/ Grease Ignorant Poster-Kubota Polyurea #15  
The black moly greases are messy but I have found them to be the best by far for loader pins and bushings. As you state it is hard to get off your hands and that same quality makes it stay put in the pins.

/ Grease Ignorant Poster-Kubota Polyurea #16  
I use Mystik JT-6 on everything. You can buy it at Tractor Supply and O'Reilly. I've used it on my 2003 BX2200 mower spindles and haven't had to replace one yet (12 years). I've also used it on my 2008 4Runner driveline and have 210K miles on it.

Greasing bearings vs. friction points (loader arms etc.) have different needs. I never mix grease in bearings. With friction points, I'm not so concerned. I have 3 grease guns and they're all loaded with JT-6, so it's not really an issue with me.

Mystik JT-6 Hi-Temp

/ Grease Ignorant Poster-Kubota Polyurea #17  
Double post

/ Grease Ignorant Poster-Kubota Polyurea #18  
Upon reading the manual, it states "High quality grease designating 'extreme pressure' and containing molybdenum disulfide is recommended" (Page 96).

I wouldn't worry about mixing grease in this situation. When you put the new grease in, it pushes out the old grease more than it seems to mix. There have been many long threads about grease, and the one that comes up over and over is Schaeffer 238, so I bought a case of it. It definitely stays where it's put, and has a lot of moly (a good thing). The only downside is that any black grease with moly will stain any fabric it gets on...wash it as much as you want, and it's not going anywhere.

You'll probably go through half a tube of grease if you do your entire tractor, so it won't hurt to keep several on hand.

Schaeffer Oil | Ultra Supreme Moly Grease

/ Grease Ignorant Poster-Kubota Polyurea #19  
That "other" grease gun coupler was me. Ain't goin there in this guy's thread.

Don't worry bout mixing grease it ain't rocket science. As someone previously said, mixed grease is better than none. I use polyurea grease and use it often. With a new rig you'll be all paranoid about the excess grease on the paint. You'll get over that.

/ Grease Ignorant Poster-Kubota Polyurea #20  
Blue grease + red grease = purple grease.

Purple grease = ok