Grease Ignorant Poster-Kubota Polyurea

/ Grease Ignorant Poster-Kubota Polyurea #31  
LOL, I know one fellow that owns 3 tractors, each with blowers and one has a backhoe and mower as well.
He buys grease one tube at a time! but then he also changes oil sometimes.

His 'dozer that he has owned for 5 years has never seen a grease gun but then one day he was 'dozing when I flagged him down as he no longer had a cutting edge blade.
I must admit he is getting real good at re-installing his tracks when they come off. LOL
(I did show him how to use a grease gun to adjust the track tension)

AS the saying goes, "You can take the horse to water but you can't make him drink"
His background is accounting, not mechanical at all, but a nice guy.

/ Grease Ignorant Poster-Kubota Polyurea #32  
Is the super tacky red grease from Lucas any good for bearings?
I think it'd be good for loader arms.

/ Grease Ignorant Poster-Kubota Polyurea #33  
Okay then, is the polyrea or moly grease used in wheel bearing for trailers and driveshaft joints or it it mostly for loader pivot pins? Is there one grease that can just be used for everything?

/ Grease Ignorant Poster-Kubota Polyurea #34  
You can use a basic red grease like mystic JT6 multipurpose in everything if you want. They will work on pins and bushings but not as good as a moly EP grease that is designed for that. You don't want to use a lot of the EP greases in bearings as they are not good for them. The EP greases are designed for things like pins and bushings on loader arms and such.

/ Grease Ignorant Poster-Kubota Polyurea #35  
The multi-purpose stuff like the Lucas is kinda like R4 tires. Better in the mud than turfs but harder on the lawn, and not as good in the mud as r1's but hard on the lawn.

It's a compromise. That is able to do both, just not as well.

Moly EP for pins and bushings is better than multi-purpose, but not as good in bearings as multi-purpose.

Synthetic or polyurea is better in bearings but not as good in pins and bushings.

If you insist on 1 grease, multi-purpose is for you. If you are okay with 2 guns, a good moly for pins/bushings on the loader and backhoe, and things like ball joints. Anything that's low speed but heavily loaded.

Synthetic or poly in high speed bearings. Things like mower spindles, u-joints, driveshaft carriers, etc

/ Grease Ignorant Poster-Kubota Polyurea #37  
Deere uses their polyurea as OEM grease in axle bearings of their larger utility tractors. They suggest to use there it but say that lithium or lith-moly is OK as well. I was concerned about compatibility issues because of what I had heard so I searched the net with no clear answer. It took several calls to get someone at JD but they said that all of their greases are compatible and to not give it a second thought. Since I used JD grease anyway, I was OK with that. The only other grease I use is "Red and Tacky" for trailer and wagon bearings. Not sure if I need to but I do.

Polyurea, for me works best on my loaders and things with "slop" in them. It is a thick grease and my loader stays tight and firm and sort-of like new.

My JD dealer sells lots of $300,000 tractors and lots of construction stuff and he says almost all of the big guys use polyurea exclusively. That grease outsells the others combined many times over. I also believe, because it's green, that it's OEM grease on all of their equipment. In all of their promo and sales fliers I get in the mail it always mentions poly as their "best" grease and because of that implies to use it everywhere.