Grease Zerk size

/ Grease Zerk size #1  

sherpa

Platinum Member
Tractor
2004 NH TC33D & 2014 NH Boomer 24
I am having problems finding the right grease zerk for my New Holland Boomer 24. I went to an LS dealer and they gave me the wrong size. It was close, very close but would not screw in. The grease zerk I need is not the backhoe pin zerks, it is the small 8mm size that screws right into the boom on the backhoe. There are about 4 of these grease Zerks on this Boomer 24. Anyone know what to ask for at a parts store?

/ Grease Zerk size #2  
I am having problems finding the right grease zerk for my New Holland Boomer 24. I went to an LS dealer and they gave me the wrong size. It was close, very close but would not screw in. The grease zerk I need is not the backhoe pin zerks, it is the small 8mm size that screws right into the boom on the backhoe. There are about 4 of these grease Zerks on this Boomer 24. Anyone know what to ask for at a parts store?
Yes, they sell a kit full of standards and a kit full of metrics. If you're going to mess with grease able equipment, might as well get you some.

/ Grease Zerk size #3  
Go to Tractor Supply Store (TSC) and buy a plastic box of assorted metric and inch standard zerks.

It was close, very close but would not screw in.

Lubricate threaded zerk stem with No Seize compound or wax screw lube and turn zerk in with a socket. The temperature expansion coefficient of the steel in your tractor cf. brass or zinc zerks may account for this minor discrepancy.
Zerks are either brass or zinc, usually brass. Both soft metals relative to steel.

U.S. Navy 1965 - 1971

Last edited:
   / Grease Zerk size #4  
Assorted zerks for the win, make sure it has varying sizes and angled zerks. I've cracked that box open more than a few times.

/ Grease Zerk size
OK, thanks for all the help, we are going into town today.

/ Grease Zerk size #6  
I had a similar problem. Took the offending zerk with me to NAPA and O'Reilleys. No joy finding single zerks - had to buy a box of assorted ones.

/ Grease Zerk size #7  
OK, thanks for all the help, we are going into town today.
Let us know what kit you purchased. Zerks are like many things a nightmare to figure out. Have a JD 190 Loader that was manufactured in Canada. Sizes were the same as several on the tractor, but the threads were NOT. Bought an assortment kit from local JD (sae & metric)... NOPE, had to go back. Unreal.

/ Grease Zerk size
Zerks are like a nightmare

You got that right, I have been wrenching for 50 years on my old cars and trucks. I always kept a handful of grease zerks on hand, all sizes and angles and always had one that work. Now 50 years later I can't find one that will work on my tractor...? Just another challenge...LOL

/ Grease Zerk size
OK, I found the correct smaller grease zerk for my New Holland Boomer 24 915GH backhoe. It is a " 1/4 x 28 ". There are only a couple of these smaller grease zerks on the backhoe, these are not the larger zerks in all the pins.

/ Grease Zerk size #10  
Sherpa, I have a TC35D and am trying to find out Zero Size. Do you happen to know what size. They all look the same size.

Thanks,