Great fuel container.

/ Great fuel container. #1  

Fuddyduddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
john deere
Thought I'd mention this I just received, a really good price on Amazon but sold by JEGS and made in good old USA! Holds 5.5 gallons, the spout is sold separately (cap is threaded for it. Racing we used a funnel).
Lifted up it has a place in bottom for other hand. I know it's probably not epa compliant but makes gas or Diesel filling fast. With vent closed there are no fumes. $25.99.
20230216_163751.jpg

/ Great fuel container. #3  
Y’all need truck or trailer mounted fuel cells and just get rid of all that gas can nonsense for good.

/ Great fuel container. #4  
Y’all need truck or trailer mounted fuel cells and just get rid of all that gas can nonsense for good.

I don't have two acres. I absolutely sip diesel next to you. One might even say I merely dabble in diesel. 🤣

I've used more diesel in my home than I have in my tractor this winter.

/ Great fuel container. #5  
Don't recall the brand....but my local Co-op had those in yellow. (not the Jegs 'brand' but otherwise identical to those)

Spout broke off... so I got a brass one that screwed in AND bought a 2' length of (diesel rated) hose. Now I can rest can on hood (International 1066 so I have to hoist it to platform, then hold in front of me to fill tank on top....VERY awkward)

So I can rest can on top of tractor and lean it over until it starts pouring.

I don't care for the vent.... it could be better placed BUT, I'm NOT going to complain. These are EASY to fill, FAST to empty! I think Co-op was charging $35 per unit (been several years so don't remember)

I now wish I had bought 5-7 instead of three of them.

They are my favorite containers.... they also don't spill like my old ones that are missing the vent cover so it splashes and squirts out the vent hole.

/ Great fuel container. #6  
I might add... now that I've used them for a while AND had the screw in nipple break on me.... First, I can only pour one at a time, right?

So, I'd like to get some plugs so I can seal the cap. Keep one cap with a hose on it. NOW, I can put them into my trunk of car without the hose sticking up, needing to be bent over to fit and then putting a kink in it.

If I plugged the caps, then I'd simply move the cap with hose to the next can to empty its contents.

/ Great fuel container. #7  
I don't have two acres. I absolutely sip diesel next to you. One might even say I merely dabble in diesel. 🤣

I've used more diesel in my home than I have in my tractor this winter.
They make little itty bitty ones, too

/ Great fuel container. #8  
Sell them at Rural King with no name for $25 as well. Have seen them for as little as $14 on sale. Red, Yellow or White..

/ Great fuel container. #9  
Ooooooooooh, made with virgin polyethylene.... that makes them even better!

/ Great fuel container.
Sell them at Rural King with no name for $25 as well. Have seen them for as little as $14 on sale. Red, Yellow or White..

That's a good deal if spout is included. I paid $10 for spout, but it would be easy to make one.