Grill gromets

/ Grill gromets #1  

ToadHill

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35, Ford 8N, Oliver Cletrac
I noticed that the large rubber gromits that the bottom pins on my DK35 grill fit into are no longer in place. Last time I went past my dealer, I picked up 2 new ones and installed them. I cut about 10 acres of hay and had to pull the grill off to clean the radiator screen and the gromits were missing again. Anyone else have a problem with this, I'd hate to have to buy them by the gross.
By the way, I was careful when I installed them to be sure they fit into the holes properly.

/ Grill gromets #2  
Paul, sorry to hear of your problem. Any pics? Any way to drill grommet and grill pin and fasten together with a cotter pin? Or maybe install grommet, then a flat washer, then cotter pin to keep it in place. May not be possible, but pics might help understand better what problem you have.

/ Grill gromets #3  
I don't know how the grommet are made, but can you glue them in? 3M Automotive trim glue will hold most things like that real well.

/ Grill gromets #4  
I am nearing 1000 hours. Have not lost a gromet yet.
Only problems I have had so far have been a tachometer cable at around 500 hours and at 970 hours I had the plastic bowl that holds the fuel filter crack and begin to leak.

/ Grill gromets #5  
DK35vince said:
I am nearing 1000 hours.

:eek: :eek: :eek: 1000 hours!!!!
Almost time for a birthday party!!:D

/ Grill gromets
The 3m glue sounds like a good idea. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

/ Grill gromets #7  
wallace said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: 1000 hours!!!!
Almost time for a birthday party!!:D
Not qute there yet. I think it was around 985+ last I looked.
2 or 3 more weeks and I will be there.

/ Grill gromets #8  
Can also clean the area real good and use silicone as glue.

BTI

/ Grill gromets #9  
I am interested to see if the "glue" thing works. My DK35 has the same problem...as well as recently replaceing the cracked fuel bowl in the middle of a pasture while baling hay!!

/ Grill gromets #10  
The best way I have found was to use zip ties to keep them in place. I think that the glue might get dilluted with the battery acid so close.