grillo g 110

/ grillo g 110 #1  

ppea

Bronze Member
Tractor
1056xl,grillo g 110
I have a brand new grillo g 110 with honda gx 390.It's surging on high rpm under load and start only choked even when is hot.I put a clone carburetor and no difference. Any ideas?

/ grillo g 110 #2  
Fuel pickup tube needs to be cleaned and water out of fuel. Ethanol fuel causes all types of problems! Clone carbs. Are a 50/50 shot of getting one to work. Use premium grade or non Ethanol fuel. To get pickup tube out, you'll need to modify a slotted screwdriver to get it out. Just grind down edges till it fits. This allows you to unscrew it. Good luck. Topzide

/ grillo g 110
With the orginal carburetor ii took the pilot jet out and make the hole larger and run perfect but only with mix screw tight to the maximum.

/ grillo g 110 #5  
Hi ppea :)

Congratulations on your new Grillo tractor!

My BCS 740 also has the Honda GX390 engine, and it has run without any problems for more than 230 hours since I got the tractor in the summer of 2011. I am therefore very surprised to read that you have had problems with your engine since day one.

I don't fully understand why you would think that a clone carburettor would be better than the original one? Considering the large amount of Honda GX-Series engines powering all sorts of equipment around the globe, the original carburettor seems to work well for most users.

As your engine is probably as new as your tractor, I would expect this to be a warranty issue? Have you had a talk with your Grillo sales/service person?

To diagnose your engine via this forum is of course difficult, but the fact that the engine surge at high speed and load, that the engine only stars when it is choked even when warm, and that a larger jet makes it run perfectly, all indicates to me that the engine is running too lean. Could it be, that an incompetent person at your Grillo store has adjusted the standard settings, and gotten it all wrong before delivering the tractor to you?

I hope you are able to get this issue fixed quickly, so you can begin to enjoy your new tractor.

Best regards

Jens

/ grillo g 110 #6  
maybe a leaking intake gasket or improper valve lash on the intake valve..

/ grillo g 110
For moment it work with pilot jet with hole larger ,and start only with choke even on it's warm.In rest it run perfect.I thing to buy another original carburetor and see if carburetor is problem.

/ grillo g 110 #8  
I'd drain the tank and lines thoroughly before installing the new carb. You might have contaminated fuel, since your symptoms make is sound like a plugged jet or hole somewhere. You could have plugged the original, and then plugged the replacement using the same fuel. These new carbs are finicky and need clean fresh fuel.

/ grillo g 110
I clean the fuel filter,change fuel,clean the carburetor 3 times, even i put a clone carburetor on it and run even worse with that clone carburetor.I don't know what could be.I have another gx 340 and runs perfect after 10 years.

/ grillo g 110
I noticed that at max rpm the engine vibrates. litle below max rpm the engine runs ok.grillo g110 with honda gx 390.any ideas?